PDA

View Full Version : FGU LOS and Special Effects

dellanx
July 8th, 2020, 18:52
I was playing with LOS and Snow and Mist special effects in layers last night. I just have to say WOW!!!! Can't wait to test it with my second group. I am slowly getting my content into FGU, it is fast and slow at same time. Small modules one by one. :) Thank you Smiteworks and all the dedicated players and GMs, what a wonderful experience for sure!

Bifford
July 8th, 2020, 19:16
Have you tried it with a layer on top with a transparent section? EG a lake rippling but nowhere else?

dellanx
July 8th, 2020, 19:34
Have you tried it with a layer on top with a transparent section? EG a lake rippling but nowhere else?

I was wondering about that, lets say I have rain everywhere accept a certain area inside the house for example, or like mentioned just the lake rippling. Can that be done and how?

Bifford
July 8th, 2020, 19:50
Yes. There is a video for it, but I can't find it.

Take a copy of your image into a paint program, select the area you want the effect to show though. Then expand or shrink that area a little bit (the effects overlap edges by a chunk) and then feather that edge. Clear the area where the effect will be so you have transparent (which should be partially transparent around the edges where you feathered it). Export as PNG (to keep transparency, jpg does not).

In FGU have your base image. Above that have the effect layer. Above that import the new image.

Should do it.

Zacchaeus
July 8th, 2020, 20:33
I was wondering about that, lets say I have rain everywhere accept a certain area inside the house for example, or like mentioned just the lake rippling. Can that be done and how?

There's a video in this list that shows you how it can be done. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55797-How-do-I-in-Unity&p=492112#post492112

Bifford
July 8th, 2020, 20:48
There's a video in this list that shows you how it can be done. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55797-How-do-I-in-Unity&p=492112#post492112

That's the one! :)