PDA

View Full Version : Lua API rebuilt with a new approach that should slightly improve UI delays.

matjam
July 8th, 2020, 00:19
"slightly" was an understatement.

Literally my biggest complaint with Unity right now, and everything is way more responsive now.

Nice job, Smiteworks :-)

Still a little sluggish paging through 20 pages of spells but not too bad now.

Bercilak
July 8th, 2020, 06:34
Agreed! I was downright shocked at how fast things opened today.

celestian
July 8th, 2020, 06:38
"slightly" was an understatement.

Literally my biggest complaint with Unity right now, and everything is way more responsive now.

Nice job, Smiteworks :-)

Still a little sluggish paging through 20 pages of spells but not too bad now.

I noticed the same improvement from previous FGU builds.

If they can resolve the subwindow drawing I might be able to start using it!

bmos
July 8th, 2020, 12:12
I noticed the same improvement from previous FGU builds.

If they can resolve the subwindow drawing I might be able to start using it!Is this regarding extension compatibility?
I did a couple searches for Unity subwindow and everything discussing it seemed to be related to extension development.

RevenantBob
July 8th, 2020, 14:41
I read this thread and then I decided to test it. When I was in PFRPG module opening items window was a slog. It's still not instant but it is SOOOOOO much faster!

matjam
July 8th, 2020, 19:17
I was using FGU last night for about 6 hours converting a DDAL module and I was pretty happy that it didn't get slower, wasn't chewing 8GB ram, and I had access to all the core rulebooks loaded and it all felt super snappy.

It's going to be hard to pull be back to classic now lol.

celestian
July 8th, 2020, 19:26
Is this regarding extension compatibility?
I did a couple searches for Unity subwindow and everything discussing it seemed to be related to extension development.

This is a post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51736-Odd-behavior-with-windows-subwindows-scroll-bars) regarding the issue. It's still outstanding.