PDA

View Full Version : Combat Tracker 5e

TXCBoy36
July 7th, 2020, 07:16
Hello, have a question for the combat tracker. Is there a way to provide more options to the PC's on the combat tracker during game play. Looks like they get limited options from the tracker during a combat sequence. Did not see anything in the options window to modify their views.

Is this all they get or is there a way to expand their selections.

Thanks!

damned
July 7th, 2020, 08:28
Yes if you insert $2 in coins (any denomination is fine) the waiter will come and if you are nice and you order some food he will give you a free drink.

What are you trying to share?
If there is no option in options then there is no option and you will need an extension to change its functionality.

Three of Swords
July 7th, 2020, 14:03
Also note that the PC character sheet is meant for players, the combat tracker for the DM. So the Player options are limited by intent.

Beemanpat
July 7th, 2020, 18:10
This may interest you
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43776-5E-Battle-Royale-Extension

GavinRuneblade
July 7th, 2020, 18:19
Hello, have a question for the combat tracker. Is there a way to provide more options to the PC's on the combat tracker during game play. Looks like they get limited options from the tracker during a combat sequence. Did not see anything in the options window to modify their views.

Is this all they get or is there a way to expand their selections.

Thanks!

There are some extensions that expand what can be done from the combat tracker. If you are asking can a player have their attacks listed the way NPC attacks are listed, then that would require an extension and I haven't seen anyone try it. But some have modified what players can do using effects.

TXCBoy36
July 8th, 2020, 07:00
Primarily, on my side, it has the Target Icon which allows for the targeting of multiple targets.....is there a way to give the PC's that option....was not sure if that was even an option....I will look into that extension...thanks for all who responded.

TXCBoy36
July 8th, 2020, 07:04
This may interest you
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43776-5E-Battle-Royale-Extension

Looks like this extension was never fixed or updated....I will pass on this one and the PC's will just have to deal with what they have available....was just curious if it was even an option.

Zacchaeus
July 8th, 2020, 09:59
Primarily, on my side, it has the Target Icon which allows for the targeting of multiple targets.....is there a way to give the PC's that option....was not sure if that was even an option....I will look into that extension...thanks for all who responded.

Yes, players have access to the target all enemies button. Now, having said that it only appears if the player has the map set to the background - which I don't think is the intended functionality.

Trenloe
July 8th, 2020, 13:09
Now, having said that it only appears if the player has the map set to the background - which I don't think is the intended functionality.
When the player has the image in a window, the GM has to open the toolbar on that image on their side (the GM side) for the toolbar (and hence the buttons) to show.

Trenloe
July 8th, 2020, 13:13
As mentioned by Zacchaeus, there are targeting buttons available in the map toolbar.

Also, a player can target in the CT by using CTRL+click on each target - which is much quicker than drag/dropping a targeting icon. CTRL+click will target for the currently active PC if the player is running multiple PCs.

Zacchaeus
July 8th, 2020, 13:41
When the player has the image in a window, the GM has to open the toolbar on that image on their side (the GM side) for the toolbar (and hence the buttons) to show.

Ooh, I didn't know that. I have to resign myself to never quite knowing everything that Trenloe knows :)

Trenloe
July 8th, 2020, 13:43
Ooh, I didn't know that. I have to resign myself to never quite knowing everything that Trenloe knows :)
It's to do with the new show/hide toolbar functionality. I'm guessing it's not entirely as intended and will hopefully be addressed in a future update.

TXCBoy36
July 8th, 2020, 22:44
Sweet, did not know about that option for targeting....thanks everyone!!! that helps alot.

Kelrugem
July 9th, 2020, 01:02
Yes, players have access to the target all enemies button. Now, having said that it only appears if the player has the map set to the background - which I don't think is the intended functionality.

Adding to Trenloe's post: There is also some synchronization issue which I reported here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54178-Very-small-bug-Targeting-buttons-sometimes-missing-in-toolbar

It does not always immediately update on the players' side (especially when the map was already shared and opened on the players' side before the target buttons get created by dropping a token onto the map)

By clicking the background feature or reopening the stuff etc. one can force an update of the toolbar on the players' side and then the buttons finally appear :D Or did your buttons vanish again when moving out of the background?