PDA

View Full Version : Monster Damage Problem

Griogre
April 24th, 2007, 05:59
One of the nifty new features is the abillity to directly throw dice from the monster to hit and damage enties onto the chat window.

However damage dice are not thrown correctly for any creature that has a weapon that threatens on less than a 20.

IE (4d6+13) works great, but (1d8+1/19-20) from the Hobgoblin Entry actually throws 1d8-20.

Carlos
April 29th, 2007, 19:05
What version of FG are you using?

I can't reproduce.

I'm using 2.0.5, and this works correctly, it rolls 1d8+1. The 2.0.5 rule has additional smarts when parsing monster damage rolls.

Sir Bayard
April 29th, 2007, 20:11
I can't reproduce this either. It's rolling correctly for me. I tried grabbing it from the !d*+1 part, the 19-20 part, and every where in between to see if it glitched based upon the grab. But it works fine. Worked fien from both the Combat Tracker and form the stat sheet.

joeru
April 29th, 2007, 20:18
The bug has probably already been fixed, as stated by Tero in this post. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=40336&postcount=1)

In particular,

Module d20 Monsters: Several fixes to monster attack and full attack fields, improving the parsing of attack and damage rolls

Seems like the devs have been a bit too busy making patches to be cleaning up old bug reports. :)

Carlos
April 29th, 2007, 20:24
A message board is a difficult medium to use as a bug tracker.

Ablefish
April 29th, 2007, 21:46
Well, to be fair - every release has release notes, and an accompaning thread. And with the updater being so easy to use, it's not a lot to ask that people confirm the bug on the latest version. Especially with such an active revision cycle...

Griogre
April 29th, 2007, 23:54
Yes this was fixed by 2.0.3 I think. I do often come back and say fixed but it was in the notes for the update that fixed it so I didn't bother.