PDA

View Full Version : Dice rolls are always shadows for players

burnmelt
July 6th, 2020, 16:09
As the DM, I see dice when any of my players roll dice. One person chose blue dice. Another player chose red dice, etc.

All of my players see shadows only, both when the DM rolls and when other players roll. Is there a way to adjust it so that players see the dice themselves to show off their color selections the rolling?

Zacchaeus
July 6th, 2020, 16:31
No, the players only see their own dice rolling. Everything else is shadowed.

burnmelt
July 6th, 2020, 16:37
To that I say, boooooo.

Tuleen Donai
July 6th, 2020, 17:34
Might be a nice "optional" enhancement! Add to the wish list?

burnmelt
July 6th, 2020, 18:58
Yeah, I'll add it to wish list.

burnmelt
July 8th, 2020, 14:58
Couldn't find anything else similar on the wish list site, so created:
https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=133995

Neovirtus
July 8th, 2020, 18:45
Voted. I didn't realize that players couldn't see each other's die rolls until recently (long time GM), and definitely would prefer to have this option. Thanks for adding it to the wishlist!

Trenloe
July 8th, 2020, 18:51
I didn't realize that players couldn't see each other's die rolls...
Players can see other players dice rolls. It's just that they can't see the GM's dice rolls.

Neovirtus
July 8th, 2020, 19:42
Not true.

No, the players only see their own dice rolling. Everything else is shadowed.

burnmelt
July 8th, 2020, 19:53
Players can see other players dice rolls. It's just that they can't see the GM's dice rolls.

Definitely not accurate in my testing. Unless there is a setting to change.

Trenloe
July 8th, 2020, 19:55
Definitely not accurate in my testing. Unless there is a setting to change.
FGC? FGU?

I tested with FGC immediately before posting. GM instance running a campaign and two player instances connecting. The dice for a player roll from one of the player instances was completely visible on the other player instance (and the GM instance).

burnmelt
July 8th, 2020, 19:58
fgc? Fgu?

fgu.

Kelrugem
July 8th, 2020, 20:00

In FGC, yes, but it is not the case for FGU seemingly :) Therefore I am personally not sure whether this behaviour is intended or whether this is a bug in FGU :D

EDIT: Woops, didn't see the second page of answers, burnmelt already gave the information about FGU :)

Neovirtus
July 8th, 2020, 20:43
In FGC, yes, but it is not the case for FGU seemingly :)

Interesting. I never got a chance to be a player in FGC so never knew one way or the other, but in FGU after I asked my players have my the impression it had always been that way. Either way, we are discussing FGU here, and players' die rolls definitely show up as shadows to other players.

Trenloe
July 8th, 2020, 21:06
We'll need to devs to make a comment on whether this is as designed or is an issue to be addressed later.

RedBrother
October 4th, 2020, 09:09
Has there been any resolution for this?
I would think it has to be a bug that players don't have the option to see each others dice rolls?

Moon Wizard
October 4th, 2020, 17:22
This is by design currently. We may review later in future versions.

Regards,
JPG

RedBrother
October 4th, 2020, 21:08
This isn't how it works on a real table top & honestly it removes some of the fun from the game, not being able to see a crit roll or a fumble.

Kelrugem
October 4th, 2020, 21:16
I personally would also like it that the players see each others' rolls as in FGC :)

Milmoor
October 4th, 2020, 21:19
The dicetower used to be for hidden rolling in FGC, I really want my players to see the combat rolls. It's part of the fun and keeps me honest.

[Edit]
The wiki for FGU states: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/688330/Rolling+Dice
..."Chat: show GM Rolls" enabled in the campaign options.

So it's configurable.

Kelrugem
October 4th, 2020, 21:24
The dicetower used to be for hidden rolling in FGC, I really want my players to see the combat rolls. It's part of the fun and keeps me honest.

[Edit]
The wiki for FGU states: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/688330/Rolling+Dice
..."Chat: show GM Rolls" enabled in the campaign options.

So it's configurable.

The options are never about the physical dice but about the posted chat results :) (therefore the "Chat: [...]" in front :) )

Milmoor
October 5th, 2020, 07:21
In that case, it's a bit strange that we can see the result, but not the rolling dice. But in the end the result counts, which is visible :). Showing the dice is something for the wishlist.