PDA

View Full Version : Character Set issue on SW modules on the Fantasy Grounds store

Ghoti
July 6th, 2020, 06:44
Hello,

I didn't see a sticky or thread on the first couple pages for bug reports, so apologies if a new thread is not the way to go about this.

As shown by example in this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post524095 (example images are from one module but the issue depicted is relevant in others), the following Savage Worlds modules are exhibiting the character-set issue with quotation marks and hyphens showing as the "unknown glyph" square symbol, mostly in story text but also in some character descriptions etc.:

AAWFGSWA00 - A00: Crow's Rest Island
S2P10205FG2 - Deadlands Reloaded: Marshall's Handbook and Extension
PEGDLRLOS1FG2 - Deadlands Reloaded: OneSheet Adventure PAK
S2P10204FG2 - Deadlands Reloaded: Player's Handbook
PEGFGSWADE - Savage Worlds Adventure Edition

Moon Wizard
July 6th, 2020, 22:55
Thanks for the report. I'll have those looked at.

Regards,
JPG

rodney418
July 9th, 2020, 13:49
Can confirm with SWADE.

Moon Wizard
July 12th, 2020, 04:16
I fixed in the both FGC and FGU on Tuesday. Can you confirm what is not showing correctly for you?

Thanks,
JPG

rodney418
July 13th, 2020, 15:23
I'm still getting rhomboid shapes with question marks in them in various places.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open Characters window
2. Click on + button to Add Item
3. In new character window, examine the text for the Unskilled roll

Moon Wizard
July 13th, 2020, 17:48
Yes, this is a separate issue with encoding and Lua files. I'm not sure what the fix is yet for it, but it's a lower priority at the moment and doesn't affect anything other than the initial Unskilled skill entry.

JPG