PDA

View Full Version : Options for adding a new window

jdunlap
July 6th, 2020, 04:46
So, I've been working on creating a new window as an extension for a series of adventures I will be running with a Pathfinder group using Fantasy Grounds Classic. I have most of it figured out (just need to finish it), but I have not been able to figure out how to add a way to allow the characters to open the new window without using /openwindow. This is a sheet that is shared across the party with information about a group that they run. I wasn't happy with the way the purchased module implemented this sheet as a note and wanted a lot of automation on it. Any ideas would be welcomed, and please if you could just point me toward a script or xml file within PFRPG or CoreRPG that would show me how to do this, I would appreciate it!

Thanks!

damned
July 6th, 2020, 07:20
welcome jdunlap

you can look at the code for the CT or the PS or for any of the lists (story, notes, npcs etc) in CoreRPG.

jdunlap
July 6th, 2020, 07:31
Thanks damned, I'll take a look there. I figured you might be the one to respond. I've been watching your YouTube videos. Great work!

damned
July 6th, 2020, 07:34
If you provide a bit more inf we might be able to point you closer to a good example.

jdunlap
July 6th, 2020, 07:44
In a Pathfinder campaign that I am running, the characters are running a rebellion which has its own sheet with its own information. (It's the Hell's Rebels campaign.) This information is shared across the entire party, so placing it on a character's sheet is not the best choice because I want to keep all of the information in sync. So, I have created a new rebellion sheet window that adds information to the database. Much of this is done except for automating a lot of the calculations and implementing the OOB procedures that will be needed because the characters do not own the database node being used. (Thanks for that YouTube video!)

I have been creating the window during test by using "/openwindow rebellion_sheet rebellion" in Fantasy Grounds in order to open the window so that I can see it. What I am looking for is a way to either:

1) Add a button on the sidebar that will open the window with the appropriate database node when it is clicked.
or
2) Add a button to the character sheet that will open the window. (I could add the button, I just don't know how to open the window in a script.)

Of course, my player's could type the command in or add it as a shortcut, but I am trying to make it very easy.

damned
July 6th, 2020, 08:44
If its a shared sheet and there is a single pane view you want to look at the Party Sheet (or the Combat Tracker but PS is a little simpler).

Have a look at the \scripts\data_desktop.lua in CoreRPG.
Lines 111 onwards

You might notice its possible to have different displays for GM and for Player too. I dont know if that is useful or not.

jdunlap
July 6th, 2020, 19:29
Thank you so much! That did the trick and is exactly what I was looking for!

jdunlap
July 11th, 2020, 00:33
I now have an issue with loading this extension that completely works in Classic in Unity because the extension does not even appear in the list.

I posted a thread in the Unity portion of the forum with details here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59869-Extension-Loading-Issue&p=525343#post525343