PDA

View Full Version : Sorting spells on NPC cards

BronzeDodger
July 5th, 2020, 23:39
I found a few old hits but nothing seemed quite right (or I missed it).

Is there a way to sort spells on an NPC card (i.e. by level, then alphabetically)? I have gotten used to new spell entries dropping into the bottom of the list (so they have 2 or 3 levels of spells, but now a new cantrip is below all entries), but I've also had times where it slotted into a random spot mid-list - and whenever I notice this I try to replicate it(did I drop it on another spell name? Within the spell description?) but then I can't reproduce it.

So other than blanking the entirety of a spell list and then carefully adding them the correct order - is there any way to re-sort existing entries, or 'insert' a new entry (i.e. when they have 1st & 2nd & 3rd level spells, and it's a 2nd-level "A-A-ron's Spiral of Accuracy", to have it appear at the top of the 2nd level listing in alpha order?

LordEntrails
July 6th, 2020, 05:57
Delete all spells from the NPC. Use the Spell Casting Trait to define their spells, then when added to the CT or re-parsed, all the spells will be re-added, I believe in the order they are listed in the trait, but not sure.

BronzeDodger
July 6th, 2020, 06:44
Holy coolness Batman!!! I had no idea this trick existed. I've been manually building NPC cards by dragging spells in. I did as you suggested - wiped all the individual spell entries, left the Spellcasting trait.
Added to CT and all the spells were listed as actions (so already I'm happy) - closed/re-opened the NPC and everything was listed.
Talk about a time saver - thanks muchly!

EDIT: CT is actually an extra step. As long as the Spellcasting is listed correctly (known and/or prepared) deleting all spells and simply closing/re-opening the NPC did the trick.

Zacchaeus
July 6th, 2020, 08:50
Last video on this list https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42440-Tutorial-Video-Series

And also see here https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/721028/5E+NPCs+and+Encounters