PDA

View Full Version : FG History problem

Elf_Boy
July 5th, 2020, 21:03
FG is not remembering two of my campaigns one half of the time each.

Specifically, I am in two campaigns run by the same GM. The history will only remember the most recently joined campaign -- the other one never shows up.

I suspect both having the same IP is confusing FG and they are over witting each other.

Trenloe
July 5th, 2020, 21:15
The history is more a GM connection history than a campaign joined history - so you'll see the name of the last campaign you joined for a specific GM name. The local data for the other campaigns aren't being overwritten and to join the current game running for that GM., select the history entry for that GM - it doesn't have to match the name of the campaign.

quirkygamer
October 25th, 2020, 03:54
The history is more a GM connection history than a campaign joined history - so you'll see the name of the last campaign you joined for a specific GM name. The local data for the other campaigns aren't being overwritten and to join the current game running for that GM., select the history entry for that GM - it doesn't have to match the name of the campaign.

One of my friends is running into this problem as well as they are in both of my campaigns (5E & Starfinder). Does this mean they can still select the 5E campaign and it pull up the Starfinder one if that's what I'm running (and vice-versa)? If not will this be an option in the future to save campaigns specifically?

Kelrugem
October 25th, 2020, 03:59
One of my friends is running into this problem as well as they are in both of my campaigns (5E & Starfinder). Does this mean they can still select the 5E campaign and it pull up the Starfinder one if that's what I'm running (and vice-versa)? If not will this be an option in the future to save campaigns specifically?

Yeah, I think this should work, I tried this once and it worked :) Because the connection is about the connecton to you and that data is the same, the name of the campaign is just a separate reminder but not used for the connection :)

Trenloe
October 25th, 2020, 10:58
Does this mean they can still select the 5E campaign and it pull up the Starfinder one if that's what I'm running (and vice-versa)?
Yes. You’re selecting the GM, not the campaign. You’ll connect to whatever campaign the GM currently has loaded.

Moon Wizard
October 27th, 2020, 01:11
It just won't show that particular GM/campaign combo as Active, because the GM is running a different campaign name.

If you scroll through the lobby list to that GM name, and the GM game was public; you would see the GM/campaign combo name as Active.

Regards,
JPG