PDA

View Full Version : LOS Issue on GM side

ColinBuckler
July 5th, 2020, 00:31
Firstly, LOS works great as a GM and as a player session. Tokens move around by the players using mouse or arrow keys fine. Admittingly the LOS unlimited length is an issue and I am sure you will work to fix that at some point in the near('ish) future.

The players move their tokens great and are bound by the LOS limitations and can not move thru LOS barriers (i.e. walls) which is fantastic.

However as a GM in a couple of games I have moved a players token on the map, accidently moving it thru a LOS barrier/wall revealing a large section of the dungeon map outline which the player shouldn't have seen (i.e. solid rock - but they could see where the dungeon barrier/shape was on the other side of the wall.....).

My request is therefore to restrict the GM moving tokens thru/outside of the LOS limits and subject the GM to the same constraints as the players when moving tokens. If a token needs to be moved thru a LOS barrier have the GM press and hold a key whilst the token is dragged allowing it to be moved thru the LOS barrier and ensuring the LOS is not revealed at the same time.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before....

LordEntrails
July 5th, 2020, 01:57
Already solved. If a GM holds shift (or is it ctrl?) while moving a token, LOS will not be calculated, and revealed during movement.

ColinBuckler
July 5th, 2020, 09:26
OK - interesting. I will try that later.

However that does not solve the issue that the GM can still move tokens out of bounds of the maps LOS thus revealing a chunk of the map by accident. The GM should be equally restricted as the players unless a key is held down.

LordEntrails
July 5th, 2020, 19:25
Add it to the wish list.