PDA

View Full Version : Looking for DMs that want to be a player

The Maheeb
July 2nd, 2020, 19:20
Hello, I've been DMing 5e for 4 years or so. I've enjoy DMing and I don't want to give it up...however, I do miss being a player. So I'm looking to see if anyone wants to do a series of one-shot games where we rotate the DM. We can play other games, but 5e is what I have the most experience. I'm interested in PF2 & StarFinder, but I've not played them so I might be last on the rotation.

I am 36 years old. I have a full time job, wife, child, and going to school. I tend to swear and I'm very laid back. I'm hoping for a group with similar demographics, but that's not a deal breaker. What is a deal breaker for me is anyone that creates a hostile environment for anyone in the group. I want all players/DMs to feel comfortable being themselves without judgement or harassment. This is a game and I want us all to have fun.

I'm mostly free after 7pm Central Time. I should be able to play till midnight.

Hit me up, let me know what you think. I'm open for other games beyond what I've listed here.

DrSky
July 4th, 2020, 15:45
Maheeb,

Count me in! A potential small tweak to your idea is that instead of one-shots, run a homebrew campaign set up in manner that the DM can be alternated. 1-3 sessions for each DM and then transitioned to the next DM. The benefit is a campaign with player character development for all player/DM's, an ongoing saga with all the twists and turns of multiple DM's adding to the story.

2 types of campaigns that I have heard this being done:
1. The group is sailing and getting in adventures on different islands
2. (The one I participated in and actually was the first DM) Planar Adventure with teleportation gates, and the teleportation gates are acting abnormally.

I am sure there are other great ideas that could be figured out...Obviously we need to find a group of DM's flexible enough and get together and determine a high level direction of the story.

Either one shots or alternating DM's count me in. Look forward to playing a character and learning from other DM's.

Available 7-12 M-Th Central Time (UTC -5)

imgraemelol
July 5th, 2020, 02:39
I am a new DM looking to grow and have some fun - I could go last in the rotation and steal all your good ideas.
I'm based in Australia so 7pm-midnight is 10am til 3pm which I could manage on your Tuesday night and Thursday night sessions.

Let me know what you think of that - 100% ok if you want to keep more experienced DM's in the rotation.

Eyrwin
July 6th, 2020, 05:22
I like this and would be interested as well. Either idea. I've been dm'ing on FG for a couple years and a long time player of D&D. It would be a great way to improve as a DM/Player.

DrSky
July 6th, 2020, 17:50
The Maheeb,

Looks like we have 4 DM's so far, looks like we could get together with this core group and go from there. Do we want to meet tomorrow night (Tuesday) and discuss direction?

corwyn42
July 6th, 2020, 19:50
I am also interested. Been playing on FG for about 2 yrs. D&D, PF, StarWars. Starfinder would be new to me.

Grey Mage
July 6th, 2020, 23:40
Depending on the when, I might be available... 25 yrs+ DMing, about 3-5 (on and off) with FG2 as a player and GM. The idea of meeting on Discord (or something similar) and kicking ideas around is probably a good way to get things moving...

shezingzh
July 8th, 2020, 12:16
Started with the original boxed set back in 1979. Been playing and DMing before trying out most of the latest fads that came down the pipe - Traveller, Twilight 2000, Star Trek, Cyberpunk, Shadowrun etc.
Currently DMing 2 games on saturday and sunday at 7pm cst. I play on thursday at 8pm cst. I could do Mon Tues Wed or Fri.

Just completed a full module conversion of a famous 1e/2e module to 5e, took me 4 days as the maps are non-existant. I was able to keep 90% of the canon material adjusted the other 10% of material to fit into the Forgotten realms setting. The module is a level 10-12. My Sunday will most likely get to be my first test group as they are almost level 10.

My next objective is to convert another 1e/2e module to 5e and it is another famous module. That project will probably take me a month.

I love the idea of DM rotation. Pm me here on the forum or Discord shez#o464

I am central time zone (GMT/UTC -5)

DrSky
July 8th, 2020, 15:30
<Deleted>

Mgrancey
July 9th, 2020, 15:48
Still looking for people? Focus has been Savage Worlds, DnD 5e lately. Comfortable with a couple other systems.

I have to be on call every 3rd week currently (on call this week) I have 1 game sunday evening and play in one generally alternating weeks on Saturday.

I am a little bit more serious during game time but don't mind more relaxed people as long as group doesnt get overly distracted or off topic. I.E. I want to play not MEME for 20+ minutes.

Raethios
July 10th, 2020, 04:16
I'd like to throw my hat in there. This sounds pretty interesting. I have played D&D on and off since the mid 80s and DM'd quite a bit throughout. I have been away for a while and getting back into it recently and I think this would be a perfect opportunity to flex the DM and player muscles all at the same time! I am in EST timezone. What day/time are you guys planning?

Hello, I've been DMing 5e for 4 years or so. I've enjoy DMing and I don't want to give it up...however, I do miss being a player. So I'm looking to see if anyone wants to do a series of one-shot games where we rotate the DM. We can play other games, but 5e is what I have the most experience. I'm interested in PF2 & StarFinder, but I've not played them so I might be last on the rotation.

I am 36 years old. I have a full time job, wife, child, and going to school. I tend to swear and I'm very laid back. I'm hoping for a group with similar demographics, but that's not a deal breaker. What is a deal breaker for me is anyone that creates a hostile environment for anyone in the group. I want all players/DMs to feel comfortable being themselves without judgement or harassment. This is a game and I want us all to have fun.

I'm mostly free after 7pm Central Time. I should be able to play till midnight.

Hit me up, let me know what you think. I'm open for other games beyond what I've listed here.

shezingzh
July 10th, 2020, 13:57
DrSky and I just started a group as Maheeb has not responded. Those DM's still interested pm me here on the forum. I am already DMing games on saturday and sunday FR 5e. I play on Thurs. I am looking at getting a group of DM/Players for a Tues session 7pm cst (UTC/GMT -5). The adventures are one shot that way everyone gets a chance to DM and play. So if you guys are still interested let us know.

Raethios
July 10th, 2020, 15:01
Hey Shezingzh. im looking for something a little earlier, like 5pm EST. Keep me in the loop if you guys have any time slots in that area. thanks.

DrSky and I just started a group as Maheeb has not responded. Those DM's still interested pm me here on the forum. I am already DMing games on saturday and sunday FR 5e. I play on Thurs. I am looking at getting a group of DM/Players for a Tues session 7pm cst (UTC/GMT -5). The adventures are one shot that way everyone gets a chance to DM and play. So if you guys are still interested let us know.

shezingzh
July 10th, 2020, 22:18
Mgrancey thats why I responded along with DrSky since there has been no activity from Maheeb. We have started a discord group. I have DrSky, Doughzr, myself. Looking for a few more DM/Players. We are not looking for players per se. We are looking for DM's so we can rotate the duty to another DM so we can play.

The adventures would be one shot campaigns that can be completed in 4-5 hrs 1-2 days at most. Then the DM rotates. Most of us have only invested in 5e D&D. Myself, I have almost completed the 5e collection. I still need Eberron and Wildmount. I also completed converting a 1e/2e module to 5e (rough draft form) for levels 10-12. I need more experience on coding.

shezingzh
July 10th, 2020, 22:21
Raethios if we play it would have to be during the week and most of us could not start earlier than 7pm cst (GMT/UTC -5) due to families, cooking dinner, etc. This is why we chose Tuesday. I am already DMing on saturday and Sunday. I play on Thursday. Several people have already asked about a weekday game. So most people are available on Tuesday night.

The Maheeb
July 11th, 2020, 15:24
Hello everyone! I've been away from my computer lately and I'm surprised and happy to see so many people interested.

I could get my wife to join in the games, but she would be a player only.

Tuesday doesn't work for us as we already have a game going on that day. Any other day would work.

Mgrancey
July 13th, 2020, 17:13
Who should I message to get an invite to discord?

DrSky
July 13th, 2020, 18:44
The Maheeb,Shez,

Apologies I have to drop out of the group. I had previously applied to another group and recently was accepted. That fills my "gaming" plate. Best of luck.

SirBob2056
July 13th, 2020, 20:13
Please let me know if you are still looking for people. I'm definitely interested in this concept.

shezingzh
July 20th, 2020, 14:28
Dear folk,

We did attempt to get this off the ground but Maheeb never responded back to any PMs sent or on discord. DrSky and I and 3 other DMs decided to call this off. So unfortunately this idea/concept is a no go.