PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade FG Unlimited Classic to FG Unity Unlimited path

alistaircg
July 1st, 2020, 12:02
I just bought an unlimited license and almost all of the D& D books and Vampire on steam, I need to upgrade my new Classic Unlimited to a Unity Unlimited but I can not find an upgrade/discounted upgrade product link in the store and of course, steam does not currently have Unity available yet, please advise a course of action and a price

Imagix
July 1st, 2020, 14:53
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/FantasyGroundsUnity.php

There's a link on that page that talks about upgrade pricing. Sounds like 40%. Shows up when you add the FGU license to your cart.

Edit: Though the answer there does suggest that you'll need to wait for it to become available on Steam before you can take advantage of these.

ddavison
July 1st, 2020, 15:21
If you don't want for FGU to be released on Steam before buying it for a discount, you can order it for the normal 10% off from our website and then email [email protected]. Provide us with the username and order # and request a partial refund. Our support team will be able to verify that you have the Ultimate Upgrade on Steam for your account and we will grant you $55.60 in a partial refund. Please allow 24-48 hours for us to get you refunded.

alistaircg
July 1st, 2020, 15:43
unfortunately, it does not parse the 40% discount, maybe it needs time to migrate the steam license

ddavison
July 1st, 2020, 15:48
The stores are not linked, so the purchase on Steam won't ever be reflected in the store here. That is why I recommended contacting our customer support team for a partial refund after the purchase is made.

alistaircg
July 1st, 2020, 15:51
If you don't want for FGU to be released on Steam before buying it for a discount, you can order it for the normal 10% off from our website and then email [email protected]. Provide us with the username and order # and request a partial refund. Our support team will be able to verify that you have the Ultimate Upgrade on Steam for your account and we will grant you $55.60 in a partial refund. Please allow 24-48 hours for us to get you refunded.

Thanks so effectively after some housekeeping and time the cost to upgrade would be $78.50

ddavison
July 1st, 2020, 15:54
Actually, I was taking 40% off $139 for some reason instead of 40% off $149. The discount should be $59.60 instead. I notified our CS staff so they will credit the proper amount.

Because FGC Ultimate is 50% off and you get 50% off of FGU Ultimate with the discount plus the Early Access discount, you can get both for the price of an Ultimate when not on sale.

alistaircg
July 1st, 2020, 16:15
I bought Classic Ultimate this morning on Steam

Weissrolf
July 2nd, 2020, 15:06
I did not know about the refund route for us Steam users. The summer sale might then be the best opportunity to get 50% off FGU + FGC user discount (via refund), correct?

alistaircg
July 2nd, 2020, 17:38
that's what my logic was and it is I bought a ton of stuff

Weissrolf
July 2nd, 2020, 20:20
Those of us who already own Classic but bought via Steam are waiting for the opportunity to upgrade to Unity. The rebate route was news to me, no idea how official that is?!

LordEntrails
July 3rd, 2020, 06:13
I did not know about the refund route for us Steam users. The summer sale might then be the best opportunity to get 50% off FGU + FGC user discount (via refund), correct?
Not quite sure what all you mean.

But, their are differences in the refund policies between Steam and the FG Store (2hrs vs 30 days). Both places should have the same prices, and sales, when purchased in US Dollars. Steam does regional pricing, which FG Store does not that can result in substantial price differences for non-US customers.

Steam does not have FGU, so you can't purchase it there. Both FG Store and Steam have FGC at 50% off.

alistaircg
July 3rd, 2020, 06:51
I am in a different country and it was affordable through the steam sale, the price was a lot cheaper so I bought more

Weissrolf
July 3rd, 2020, 08:18
The stores are not linked, so the purchase on Steam won't ever be reflected in the store here. That is why I recommended contacting our customer support team for a partial refund after the purchase is made.
I meant this quote. This sounds as if we Steam users could buy at the FG shop and then ask for a partial refund for already being Steam users of FGC, as in we do get the rebate afterwards!?

alistaircg
July 3rd, 2020, 08:54
I meant this quote. This sounds as if we Steam users could buy at the FG shop and then ask for a partial refund for already being Steam users of FGC, as in we do get the rebate afterwards!?

Its only for upgrading Steam Classic Unlimited to Unity Unlimited as far as I understood

Weissrolf
July 3rd, 2020, 09:15
That is how I understood it as well. I own Steam Classic Unlimited, but like many others I cannot upgrade to Unity for the time being, because it is not offered on Steam yet (and not ready for full action).

RLacey
July 3rd, 2020, 14:40
I'd be interested in clarifying this too. I'd buy Unity Ultimate from here in a heartbeat if the rebate thing is true...

LordEntrails
July 3rd, 2020, 19:39
Yes, if you have FGC Ultimate via Steam, you can purchase FGU Ultimate via the FG Store and then request a price adjustment from [email protected]

Or, if you have FGC Standard from Steam, you can purchase FGU Standard from the FG Store and request a price adjustment.

You won't get any regional pricing adjustments so in the end you might end up paying a bit more if you would have gotten regional pricing advantages, but you will have FGU now.

Weissrolf
July 3rd, 2020, 21:16
Thanks for the clarification! Was that ever communicated via one of the many promotion e-mails or on the web-site?

LordEntrails
July 3rd, 2020, 22:43
Thanks for the clarification! Was that ever communicated via one of the many promotion e-mails or on the web-site?
This thread, post #3. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59598-Upgrade-FG-Unlimited-Classic-to-FG-Unity-Unlimited-path&p=523029&viewfull=1#post523029

lmontecosta
September 3rd, 2020, 22:10
Will I lose my FGC access using my license if I buy "Upgrade from FG Classic to FG Unity (Ultimate license)" on Steam?
eg.
1. I have an user, it is linked on Steam, have bunch of books and else and I have a license key "A".
2. I buy "Upgrade from FG Classic to FG Unity (Ultimate license)" on Steam
3. I lose the access on FGC using license key "A"

LordEntrails
September 3rd, 2020, 22:36
Will I lose my FGC access using my license if I buy "Upgrade from FG Classic to FG Unity (Ultimate license)" on Steam?
eg.
1. I have an user, it is linked on Steam, have bunch of books and else and I have a license key "A".
2. I buy "Upgrade from FG Classic to FG Unity (Ultimate license)" on Steam
3. I lose the access on FGC using license key "A"
No, one-time licenses remain valid for FGC and you will also have an FGU license.

ddavison
September 3rd, 2020, 23:39
LordEntrails is correct. Licenses remain active unless it is a subscription that is cancelled. The DLC you purchased for FGC will automatically load for your account on FGU. In some cases, it will also be enhanced with new features - like dynamic line of sight on some of the maps that we've updated so far.

alistaircg
September 4th, 2020, 07:31
LordEntrails is correct. Licenses remain active unless it is a subscription that is cancelled. The DLC you purchased for FGC will automatically load for your account on FGU. In some cases, it will also be enhanced with new features - like dynamic line of sight on some of the maps that we've updated so far.

For the sake of others coming across this thread, I upgraded to FGU ultimate bundle on steam and it automatically removed the classic licences I already had and seamlessly upgraded, the cost was R400 in my local currency which was around $24 at the current exchange rate.

All my other bundles for D&D and Vampire just worked and I must say I am impressed how after asking 40 questions about this how easy and flawless it was.

I don't know why fantasygrounds.com doesn't have a tab that just explains everything clearer and gets to the point quicker

PM me or reply here if you have any questions

alistaircg
September 4th, 2020, 07:33
BTW the set adventres eg: Storm Kings Thunder, update with new clipping paths for the new Unity engine, I only had to export my Classic characters to XML files , then import them into FGU and then take my custom character portraits and copy them into the Unity folder

ddavison
September 4th, 2020, 14:04
For the sake of others coming across this thread, I upgraded to FGU ultimate bundle on steam and it automatically removed the classic licences I already had and seamlessly upgraded, the cost was R400 in my local currency which was around $24 at the current exchange rate.

All my other bundles for D&D and Vampire just worked and I must say I am impressed how after asking 40 questions about this how easy and flawless it was.

I don't know why fantasygrounds.com doesn't have a tab that just explains everything clearer and gets to the point quicker

PM me or reply here if you have any questions

There shouldn't be anything removed from your account. You are saying that your FGC licenses are somehow removed? I'm not sure how that would happen.

What do you feel like is missing from this bundle description?
https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/15993/Upgrade_from_FG_Classic_to_FG_Unity_Ultimate_licen se/

LordEntrails
September 4th, 2020, 16:54
Step by step instructions for moving a campaign from FGC to FGU are here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55522-How-to-Migrate-a-FGC-Campaign-to-FGU

Austen
September 4th, 2020, 21:02
https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/15993/Upgrade_from_FG_Classic_to_FG_Unity_Ultimate_licen se/

I have FGC Classic and Ultimate Upgrade. It looks like the linked Bundle on Steam is for the purchase of FGC + Ultimate FGC Upgrade as well as FGU and Ultimate Upgrade. It also looks like this bundle costs more than just purchasing FGU and Ultimate Upgrade... Am I expected to buy FGC and Ultimate Upgrade again?

I feel like I'm missing something.

ddavison
September 4th, 2020, 21:05
I have FGC Classic and Ultimate Upgrade. It looks like the linked Bundle on Steam is for the purchase of FGC + Ultimate FGC Upgrade as well as FGU and Ultimate Upgrade. It also looks like this bundle costs more than just purchasing FGU and Ultimate Upgrade... Am I expected to buy FGC and Ultimate Upgrade again?

I feel like I'm missing something.

It is called a Complete the Set bundle with Steam. As long as you already own the FGC Standard and FGC Ultimate, you will only have to pay for the two items in the bundle you don't already own and it will save you 40% over buying FGU Standard + FGU Ultimate Upgrade separately.

Austen
September 4th, 2020, 21:13
It is called a Complete the Set bundle with Steam. As long as you already own the FGC Standard and FGC Ultimate, you will only have to pay for the two items in the bundle you don't already own and it will save you 40% over buying FGU Standard + FGU Ultimate Upgrade separately.

I see... the website didn't have me logged in for some reason... when I checked in Steam app (and also when actually logged in on website) it showed it with just the new items. So $89.98 should be US price?

ddavison
September 4th, 2020, 21:15
Yes. That should be $60 cheaper doing it that way.

Weissrolf
September 5th, 2020, 08:27
Currently I own (on Steam) FGC Standard + FGC Ultimate Upgrade. There is a FGU Ultimate Upgrade available that currently costs more than the FGU Standard + FGU Ultimate Upgrade bundle. I don't know what I would need the extra FGU Standard licence for, but it doesn't hurt.

I upgraded to FGU ultimate bundle on steam and it automatically removed the classic licences I already had...
This concerns me. I do not want to lose my classic lincences as currently I do not see FGU ready for switching my campaigns over. On the other hand Steam lists my two licences as already being purchased inside the bundle, so I would expect them to stay intact?

Trenloe
September 5th, 2020, 08:56
This concerns me. I do not want to lose my classic lincences as currently I do not see FGU ready for switching my campaigns over. On the other hand Steam lists my two licences as already being purchased inside the bundle, so I would expect them to stay intact?
See the response to that post further down in the thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59598-Upgrade-FG-Unlimited-Classic-to-FG-Unity-Unlimited-path&p=539319&viewfull=1#post539319

Weissrolf
September 5th, 2020, 09:02
I saw the response, but "There shouldn't be anything removed" is not a definitive answer and also no "we will look into it" (developer) or "turns out it wasn't removed" (user) answer. So I will not upgrade before running my session on Monday to make sure we can still play FGC then.

ddavison
September 5th, 2020, 13:44
I saw the response, but "There shouldn't be anything removed" is not a definitive answer and also no "we will look into it" (developer) or "turns out it wasn't removed" (user) answer. So I will not upgrade before running my session on Monday to make sure we can still play FGC then.

I suspect the user just chose poor wording and meant that the FGC licenses were removed from the bundle purchase. There is no mechanism to remove licenses from anyone’s Steam account.

md0072
September 11th, 2020, 12:05
ah. I upgraded on Steam from FG Classic Ultimate to FG Unity Ultimate, and now FG Classic is not on Steam, and when I launch it manually, it runs in "Free" mode. I am not ready to swap my many campaigns over to unity yet, i still really need Classic to work
any thoughts/advice/help please?

EDIT:

nvm. I take it all back. FGC *is* still in my steam library (was moved out of favorites - weird). It did lose it's license key, but re-entering from info on Steam fixed it. whew.

md

alistaircg
September 20th, 2020, 08:17
There shouldn't be anything removed from your account. You are saying that your FGC licenses are somehow removed? I'm not sure how that would happen.

No, it discounted them off