PDA

View Full Version : Demo user can't get past license key screen

Look cows
July 1st, 2020, 07:12
I have an ultimate license. My son and some other friends mostly have demo licenses and connect to my hosted campaign. I just refurbished a Windows 10 PC and installed FGU for my son. He ran the updater, logged into FG successfully, but on the screen where it asks for a license key he is unable to click "continue". The screen says demo users can just continue without putting in a license key so not sure what is wrong. Any help appreciated.

damned
July 1st, 2020, 07:55
FG Classic or Unity?

Look cows
July 1st, 2020, 07:58
FG Unity

damned
July 1st, 2020, 08:10
They need to create an account here on the forum and enter their details into the client. Then they will be able to continue.

Look cows
July 1st, 2020, 16:55
He does have an account, dbrathwaite03. He puts in the username/password on the login screen and that is successful. The next screen asks for a license which he doesn't have as a demo user and usually (on his old computer) just hits continue. That part does not work. Pressing the continue button without putting in a valid license does nothing.

damned
July 2nd, 2020, 03:47
He does have an account, dbrathwaite03. He puts in the username/password on the login screen and that is successful. The next screen asks for a license which he doesn't have as a demo user and usually (on his old computer) just hits continue. That part does not work. Pressing the continue button without putting in a valid license does nothing.

Please post some screenshots.

Look cows
July 2nd, 2020, 05:03
Took the screenshot and the continue would not work. Then decided to screenshot the login as well, so did that and ... it worked. No idea why. You can close the thread. Thanks.

damned
July 2nd, 2020, 07:24
Great news Look cows - thanks for the update.

PandaMaru
September 16th, 2020, 07:33
I have the very same problem and can't get past this screen.

After new Install via steam it worked.

Moon Wizard
September 16th, 2020, 17:29
@PandaMaru,

Can you try answering the questions and following the steps outlined by "smelton" in the following thread?
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?61717-Can-t-get-pass-quot-Licence-key-window-quot&p=541678&viewfull=1#post541678

Thanks,
JPG

PandaMaru
September 17th, 2020, 06:08
It's an administrator account and there is no setting button and no option to update. Only Login and then the window in the screenshot above.
Today it worked just fine, while I am typing and tried to recreate the issue. xD Okaaay...
But I installed FGU yesterday already via steam without a problem, so I don't know if that interfere with each other.
Somebody in Discord told me that this issue seem to occur only with freshly made accounts?