PDA

View Full Version : Toggle Buttons No Longer Working

cevikd
June 30th, 2020, 22:50
I don't know if I'm using the right terminology but various buttons that toggle state when they are clicked (for example the filters in the assets menu) no longer seem to work properly and always show in the "off" state. I noticed this when using Houndy's RFIA extension, which relies heavily on these buttons. For example, you click "Intimidation" and it changes color to let you know it's clicked.. but now that doesn't seem to work.

I turned off all extensions and started a new campaign and tested using the Assets window. Here I've clicked on the "Portraits" and it filtered my assets down to just portraits, but you can see the button didn't change in any way to let me know it's filtered:

I went to the wiki to verify it used to change color when clicked. If you go to the following link you can see the filter buttons in a variety of states:

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/951023/Using+the+Assets+Window+for+Tokens+Portraits+and+I mages

This only seems to happen on buttons that toggle, i.e. when you click them they stay a new color until toggled off. Buttons that momentarily change to a new color to let you know you are actively pressing, then change back when you release the mouse, still seem to work. I've tried this in several themes and, as in the attached screenshot, no theme, and it seems to happen no matter what theme is used.

EDIT: Oops, should have mentioned: Using 5e.

SilentRuin
June 30th, 2020, 23:58
I don't know if I'm using the right terminology but various buttons that toggle state when they are clicked (for example the filters in the assets menu) no longer seem to work properly and always show in the "off" state. I noticed this when using Houndy's RFIA extension, which relies heavily on these buttons. For example, you click "Intimidation" and it changes color to let you know it's clicked.. but now that doesn't seem to work.

I turned off all extensions and started a new campaign and tested using the Assets window. Here I've clicked on the "Portraits" and it filtered my assets down to just portraits, but you can see the button didn't change in any way to let me know it's filtered:

I went to the wiki to verify it used to change color when clicked. If you go to the following link you can see the filter buttons in a variety of states:

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/951023/Using+the+Assets+Window+for+Tokens+Portraits+and+I mages

This only seems to happen on buttons that toggle, i.e. when you click them they stay a new color until toggled off. Buttons that momentarily change to a new color to let you know you are actively pressing, then change back when you release the mouse, still seem to work. I've tried this in several themes and, as in the attached screenshot, no theme, and it seems to happen no matter what theme is used.

Yep the dice modifiers all stopped showing they were clicked - even though they behave like they are - you just can't tell which till you roll the die or are very very careful.

Also, players could no longer attach via the cloud - endlessly locked in trying to look up IP address, had to resort to LAN and open up ports. Was all working last night. Was today's download that whacked me.

cevikd
July 1st, 2020, 00:10
I think this is the same issue: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59590-Bug-Combat-tracker-highlightment-bar

When I’m using RFIA and I toggle a button then close the window and open it again it shows the toggled state but will stay in that state no matter what until I close and open the RFIA window again.

Surge
July 1st, 2020, 00:23
I'm also experiencing the same issue (tested with Modifier buttons), using PFRPG2 ruleset.

kevininrussia
July 1st, 2020, 01:12
Same here using 4e ruleset. Tested Modifier buttons.

EllivasKram
July 1st, 2020, 08:12
I can also confirm that the ADV & DIS and all modifiers are now not toggling on/off visually. They work when you roll dice. But you have to take the click on faith.

Fleet Foot
July 1st, 2020, 23:23
The same visual issue also affects the DCC ruleset, where you have to make a 'click of faith' to test whether the toggle button is active. However, it seems even worse with the COC 7e ruleset: not only is there no visual indication for pressing the toggle buttons, but selecting bonus or penality dice no longer impacts the d100 roll.

Live version of FGU tested on a Windows 10 laptop (Core i3 processor with integrated graphics).

cevikd
July 1st, 2020, 23:27
This is going to make this weekend's session really difficult. My players have a difficult time with the interface as is, not knowing what they've clicked as far as modifiers go is going to destroy them. :(

EDIT: I tested the Prev build and it works there, so I guess the question I have now is trying to talk each player through the process of switching to the Prev channel the lesser of two evils?

SilentRuin
July 2nd, 2020, 03:44
This is going to make this weekend's session really difficult. My players have a difficult time with the interface as is, not knowing what they've clicked as far as modifiers go is going to destroy them. :(

EDIT: I tested the Prev build and it works there, so I guess the question I have now is trying to talk each player through the process of switching to the Prev channel the lesser of two evils?

They should push something like that ASAP. Plus I have to do all the games LAN now as cloud seemed busted also - at least for me after the latest download.