PDA

View Full Version : creating roll tables with one dice section

DPlowman11
June 30th, 2020, 17:08
I am trying to create a crit fumble table and need the crit to be a single die roll of 20 and a fumble table 0f a single die roll of 1. How do you do that? I tried copying a table in FGU but cannot get the one dice section. Here is the range one . How do you get rid of the ranged one?

I cannot get the screen to print. Any suggestions on creating a crit or fumble outcome table that has the single roll?

Zacchaeus
June 30th, 2020, 17:44
You don't say for what ruleset.

There is built into the 5e ruleset a critical fumble and hit table. You can set an option in the options to have it roll on a crit, fumble or both. You can also make your own table and replace the built in one - as long as you keep the name the same (I believe).

I'm not sure about what you mean by the 20 and the 1 since that is what a critical or fumble is; so a critical table won't roll unless you score a 20.

deer_buster
June 30th, 2020, 20:31
You don't say for what ruleset.

There is built into the 5e ruleset a critical fumble and hit table. You can set an option in the options to have it roll on a crit, fumble or both. You can also make your own table and replace the built in one - as long as you keep the name the same (I believe).

I'm not sure about what you mean by the 20 and the 1 since that is what a critical or fumble is; so a critical table won't roll unless you score a 20.

Not technically correct. Depends on what your Crit On is set to...20 normally, but there are some ways built into the rules to drop it below that (Champion's Improved Critical, et.al.) [Not automatically, mind you, but you can change it for all weapons]. Also you have to load the Crit/Fumble module into memory and have that setting turned on for that to work.