PDA

View Full Version : Module Activation

Traygin
April 23rd, 2007, 22:23
If this was already covered somewhere my apologies. But having tried to activate a module for spell, monsters etc… I kept having problems opening/activating them. Then after a little effort I figured out to activate a module you just need to right click the brown book associated which the respective rule book and ether move the mouse to the left while the right mouse button is clicked to open it. Or to the right to close it.

Griogre
April 23rd, 2007, 22:36
You can click and drag you mouse left or right to open or close the module books or you can double click on the module icon (or where the module icon would be if there is no icon) to open or close the module.

Traygin
April 23rd, 2007, 22:46
You can click and drag you mouse left or right to open or close the module books or you can double click on the module icon (or where the module icon would be if there is no icon) to open or close the module.

Double clicking did not work for me :cry:

Griogre
April 23rd, 2007, 22:59
Hmm, as an example if you double click on the greenish d20 Magic Items icon (not the brown one) this does not open and close the brown book? One thing is that if the module is very large it will take the book a while to open so you may need to wait a few seconds to see a reponse because it is parsing in the xml so you may see some lag.

Traygin
April 23rd, 2007, 23:19
Hmm, as an example if you double click on the greenish d20 Magic Items icon (not the brown one) this does not open and close the brown book? One thing is that if the module is very large it will take the book a while to open so you may need to wait a few seconds to see a reponse because it is parsing in the xml so you may see some lag.

That could be the issue when I double click the icon (not the brown one). It could be a loading time issue. It seems to take longer than a few seconds to open. Rather around a couple of minutes or more. :confused:

Goblin-King
April 24th, 2007, 06:22
Loading time is an issue, and it is heavily affected by the computer specs. I think most computers you can buy right now handle it ok, but this is the reason we implemented the book cover drag feature that gives its feedback before the actual operation is done. Plus it looks cool.