PDA

View Full Version : Share Portraits of bought Products

Manji
June 29th, 2020, 17:51
Hello, quick question.

I have the Ultimate License and my players using the Demo to join my games. I also bought the DND5 PHB which containts several Portraits which my Players cant see. I opened the Book under Modules and set the Checkmark. Did i forget something or is this intentional?

Be safe and game on

Zacchaeus
June 29th, 2020, 18:47
HI manji, welcome to FG.

Portraits can't be shared with your players. They can only see portraits that are in their own portraits folder either from their own purchases or ones they have added themselves.

Trenloe
June 29th, 2020, 18:50
In this situation, the GM can apply a portrait for the players. Some GMs will take a screenshot of the portraits and share that with the players (as a normal FG image). Then they can select which portrait to use.

Griogre
June 29th, 2020, 19:24
To elaborate, portraits are the only art asset stored on the local machine instead of the host. This was meant to allow the player to use whatever picture the player desired. That said, you the DM can set a player's portrait from the art assets on your computer. Some players really enjoy searching the Internet to get the perfect picture. Some - not so much.

For those players, you can pick a portrait for them and show them by setting the portrait, ie if you have 3 halfling females that could be a wizard you can show them each one in turn and let them pick the one they want.

Edit: See what happens when I go and eat breakfast and get distracted... Trenloe to the rescue. :)

Manji
June 29th, 2020, 21:43
Thank you. Seems weird but i understand it.

Just like the other content the Player cant do anything with it unless i'm online and their join my game. So at first glance it seems as a burden for the players and gm to use the offical portaits.

But thank you for your tips. My Players are actually happy with their avatars. ;) I was just curious.