PDA

View Full Version : Dice issue

Wraith
April 23rd, 2007, 21:06
This isn't really a show stopper or anything but it is getting annoying. Ever since I switched to Vista my dice in both FG and FGII are shaded. They are there, they work normally, but they appear to be shaded like someone is standing over them. Perhaps this is a software issue somewhere, but I'm too computer illiterate to know how to fix this. I would welcome any help anyone could give to fix the problem.
Thanks

Illrigger
April 23rd, 2007, 22:29
I'm running Vista and don't have that issue. What video card do you have, and are you running the latest drivers (new ATI and nVidia drivers were released in the last week, mind you)?

Doswelk
April 23rd, 2007, 22:42
This isn't really a show stopper or anything but it is getting annoying. Ever since I switched to Vista my dice in both FG and FGII are shaded. They are there, they work normally, but they appear to be shaded like someone is standing over them. Perhaps this is a software issue somewhere, but I'm too computer illiterate to know how to fix this. I would welcome any help anyone could give to fix the problem.
Thanks

Yeah mine are too (on my laptop which uses a Intel display driver), but my desktop (NVIDIA) is fine.

So I suspect that is due to the drivers in your PC

Illrigger
April 23rd, 2007, 23:02
Nvidia here as well, and working fine. If you have Intel graphics, it's no big shock if you are having graphics glitches, unfortunately :(

There were new drivers released by intel for the 9xx-series integrated graphics on April 4th, you can give them a try if you haven't already:

https://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/confirm.aspx?httpDown=https://downloadmirror.intel.com/df-support/13085/a08/winvista_1523.exe&agr=N&ProductID=2102&DwnldId=13085&strOSs=All&OSFullName=All Operating Systems&lang=eng

Wraith
April 24th, 2007, 10:35
I checked into the graphics card and my computer says I have the newest driver, so I'm not sure what else it could be.
I have an: Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, and I checked Intell for new drivers.
Anybody got any other ideas?

joshuha
April 24th, 2007, 13:54
Are you running the Aero interface with Vista? The 945 is integrated with the memory so if you have Aero turned on and are trying to run FG II you may not have enough horsepower with that card to properly do the 3D rendering.

Illrigger
April 24th, 2007, 17:52
Intel also states that if you do not have at least 1GB of system RAM, the onboard graphics cards will not function properly in Vista with the Aero interface. That may be part of your issue if you fall into this category.

Have you tried turning off Aero while running FG and seeing if that helps? You can do so by checking the "Disable Desktop Compositioning" option on the compatibility tab.

Wraith
April 25th, 2007, 10:49
If I understood you right...
I went into the properties for FGII and clicked on the compatibility tab. Then I checked the box next to the message that said Disable Desktop Compositioning, but the problem continues. Again thanks but that doesn't seem to fix the problem.

DMDaddy0
April 25th, 2007, 18:38
My friend had a similar problem. Every time she logged into to create a local PC, her d6 had a hole in it. Pretty much all she got was three corners worth. All the other dice were fine. WTF??

:confused: