PDA

View Full Version : How to roll damage? (Better Menus)

Wise Orc Tavern
June 28th, 2020, 12:55
Hi, I am trying to simulate an encounter to see how hard it will be for my players. I noted that for some reason all character sheets don't have the damage input on the actions tab anymore, so I do not know how to roll the damage. I did install the Better Menus extension recently, not sure if it would change that.

Take a look at the picture please.
How can I roll damage using the extension if that's what changed it?
If it's not the extension than why I don't have the 1d8 + bonus anymore in the damage for the rapier?

Zacchaeus
June 28th, 2020, 13:44
Try without any extensions (including themes) to see if that resolves the issue. If it does then it is likely that one of the extensions is the issue.

Wise Orc Tavern
June 28th, 2020, 14:01
I tried without any extension and I still have the problem.
One week ago I played without any issues. The only thing I changed is that I installed Better Menus.

Any idea how can I fix that?

Edit: I am assuming whatever caused it I will have to manually input damage values again - can I safely just go on and input 1d8+bonus for the rapier and every other value according to core rules - We created the characters so long ago that I don't remember the exactly way we did to fill that part of the character sheet.

Zacchaeus
June 28th, 2020, 14:33
I tried without any extension and I still have the problem.
One week ago I played without any issues. The only thing I changed is that I installed Better Menus.

Any idea how can I fix that?

Edit: I am assuming whatever caused it I will have to manually input damage values again - can I safely just go on and input 1d8+bonus for the rapier and every other value according to core rules - We created the characters so long ago that I don't remember the exactly way we did to fill that part of the character sheet.

Those values will populate by themselves when you equip a weapon. Try clicking on the equipped button in preparation mode to cycle through the states (equipped, carried, not carried) to see if that fixes the issue. If not then try deleting the weapons from the inventory and dragging them back in again.

damned
June 28th, 2020, 14:46
Please post the chat window screenshot.
You are also running a theme which is another extension.

Wise Orc Tavern
June 28th, 2020, 17:04
Cycling through the states didn't change the issue, but deleting both from the inventory and the actions tab, and adding the weapons from scratch again worked.

I had to do the same for spells.

The only one I can't fix is the Dragonborn racial trait breath weapon. No matter what I do I can't trigger a save roll and always get a result of 14. I created Dragon Breath as a Power since I don't know other way to do it. Is that the best way? Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Zacchaeus
June 28th, 2020, 17:36
Your effect looks correct, Again I suspect possibly an extension is causing the issue. Either that or the player or the NPC are not properly on the Combat Tracker. Also make sure that the little check box at the top left of the modifier box isn't lit up. If it is then click it.

Wise Orc Tavern
June 28th, 2020, 18:07
I don't think it was an extension, I did tried without any. After I figured out it was not the extension I activated some again and than I took the screenshot.

Nonetheless, I found a way to fix it. Looking into the forums I found someone with a similar issue : https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41724-Draconic-Breath-Weapon

In that topic lies the answer. For anyone looking into the same problem I changed the kind of save from base to dex (the kind you need to use is determined by the table in the dragon ancestry table). That fixed it.

It was targeted. Exact same problem as the linked thread.

Thank you all for the help.

Zacchaeus
June 28th, 2020, 18:53
I don't think it was an extension, I did tried without any. After I figured out it was not the extension I activated some again and than I took the screenshot.

Nonetheless, I found a way to fix it. Looking into the forums I found someone with a similar issue : https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41724-Draconic-Breath-Weapon

In that topic lies the answer. For anyone looking into the same problem I changed the kind of save from base to dex (the kind you need to use is determined by the table in the dragon ancestry table). That fixed it.

It was targeted. Exact same problem as the linked thread.

Thank you all for the help.

See Post #17 of that thread you linked. That's the missing piece of your puzzle.

Wise Orc Tavern
June 28th, 2020, 22:55
Thanks a lot Zacchaeus, that was the answer. It's working now.