PDA

View Full Version : License Key Conflict

nezzir
April 23rd, 2007, 20:44
I own 2 copies of FG 1 (GM and Player). I have the GM installed on my development box (which I only use when working on rulesets) and both licenses installed on my laptop (which I use to play and test configs on the dev box).

I installed FG II on both boxes.

On my laptop, it picked up the GM license instead of the Player license, so when I connect to my dev box I get "License Key Conflict".

Is there a quick way to change these serial numbers so I can connect and test my ruleset?

The High Druid
April 23rd, 2007, 20:47
You can probably use regedit to find the key and change it, though I think technically you're supposed to have three licenses for the way you are set up at the moment.

richvalle
April 23rd, 2007, 20:50
Well, you can go to the reg entry and edit it.

Its posted in a few threads here now.

Also, you can connect to yourself as a client from the Full version. I.e. startup FG and host a game, then start it up again as a client and connect to 'localhost'. I tried it and it seems to work pretty well in FGII (where FG1 would become unstable after about 10 min of this).

rv

nezzir
April 23rd, 2007, 20:51
I tried putting the "Lite" license number in the two registry spots. I gave me an "Invalid License" error. I don't need the GM client on the laptop, I can take it off no problem, that would firm me up on the installs, but I would still like to repair what I have without reinstalling. Simply updating the registry key doesn't seem to work.

nezzir
April 24th, 2007, 03:16
I fixed the license issue by reinstalling.

However, now, I can't open modules in the remote host. Only two (of the four) of them show up, and you can't "open" them. The open motion opens the cover of the book and then it just closes again when you let go of the mouse. If you reset the "force load" flags, it allows you to see the other two books, but you still can't open them.

Edit: This is a custom ruleset though, I'm sure it's something I'm doing. I'll figure it out eventually :)

Dochenor
October 30th, 2009, 22:28
So, you can connect as a client to a game you are hosting if you have the Full Version?
I thought that's what was said on a few other posts, but every time i try it i get "License Key Conflict"

Oberoten
October 31st, 2009, 00:31
Only works for connecting either 127.0.0.1 or localhost as adress.