PDA

View Full Version : Measuring distance on the Map

TXCBoy36
June 28th, 2020, 06:41
Sorry, but can someone give me a refresher on how to drag and measure distance between a PC and a NPC / enemy on the map.

I can't seem to recall how to do this....you would think that I would remember how to do this...thanks!

LordEntrails
June 28th, 2020, 07:32
FG will give you distance between the active token and it's target. But if you want a different distance, I just use a quick pointer (right-left button combo) and draw an arrow between or near the two tokens.

TXCBoy36
June 28th, 2020, 19:33
thanks....sorry for the newbie question...LoL

Heilemann
November 25th, 2020, 23:51
FG will give you distance between the active token and it's target. But if you want a different distance, I just use a quick pointer (right-left button combo) and draw an arrow between or near the two tokens.

Sorry to be late to the party but as a Mac user with a Magic Mouse or worse, on a laptop with a trackpad, this combo makes me want to scream into the void. :S

Moon Wizard
November 26th, 2020, 00:13
You can always add a pointer by right-clicking and selecting the pointer you want to add as well.

Regards,
JPG

dmmilner
July 25th, 2021, 20:23
I'm VERY late to this, but thought I'd point out that in my FGU, the pointer-distance is inaccurate/broken. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm attaching a photo to demonstrate, but basically pointer-measurement only works DIRECTLY on the N-S or E-W axes; diagonals are fundamentally broken.

Trenloe
July 25th, 2021, 20:27
I'm VERY late to this, but thought I'd point out that in my FGU, the pointer-distance is inaccurate/broken. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm attaching a photo to demonstrate, but basically pointer-measurement only works DIRECTLY on the N-S or E-W axes; diagonals are fundamentally broken.

Check the "Map: Diagonal distance" campaign option. Info here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996642014/5E+Campaign+Options#House-Rules-(GM)