PDA

View Full Version : Wizard abilities disappeared

BigBadBazz
June 27th, 2020, 21:34
The wizard abilities disappeared from the GM screen.

The player could still still see the wzard abilities but not the GM

Rebooting Fantasy Grounds and the wizard abilities appeared again on the GM screen

The items window was empty for two players, 2 players it was populated as well as the GM

I'm running 8G of memory could this cause this?

Thanks

Barry

Zacchaeus
June 27th, 2020, 21:52
Were you running Classic or Unity? Were you using any extensions? Can you reproduce and show us some screenshots of the player and DM screens?

Bonkon
June 28th, 2020, 02:55
Good Day BigBadBazz :)
If you are talking about on the Actions tab might you have accidentally clicked on the Header and the abilities minimized? If so just click the header again. :) (Don't ask how I would know that :D ) :)

BigBadBazz
June 28th, 2020, 07:23
Were you running Classic or Unity? Were you using any extensions? Can you reproduce and show us some screenshots of the player and DM screens?

I was running Unity

It was in the middle of a game so no screenshots were taken.

The abilities tab of the wizard character was empty until i closed down FGU and restarted then it was populated.

Closing down the GM program, and the players closing theirs, and then restarting the program did not repopulate the items list for those specific players

Note that it was the same players who could not get their lists populated in spite of restarting the program. Players whose item screen was populated, was still populated when the program was restarted.

I would conclude with the items list that something on the specific players PC caused the issue. memory, windows version?

A number of extensions were used for all players. I will do some tests with the players this week and turn off the extensions and report back

Thanks

BigBadBazz
June 28th, 2020, 07:28
If you are talking about on the Actions tab might you have accidentally clicked on the Header and the abilities minimized? If so just click the header again. :) (Don't ask how I would know that :D ) :)

No, the sheet was available, but I believe it was an empty page, not even the name was showing.

It was as if the abilities info was not refreshing, switching to other tabs was fine but still blank when returning to the tab. Only a relauch of the program solved this

BigBadBazz
June 29th, 2020, 09:10
Solved

The players in question did not have any modules loaded from the library

Bonkon
June 29th, 2020, 15:24
Thanks for coming back and telling us! Sometimes the simple thing are the toughest to troubleshoot as we overlook them!! :)