PDA

View Full Version : Equipped Effects Extension (.ext file) [Fantasy Grounds Unity]

Pages : 1 [2]

Leprekorn
January 2nd, 2022, 20:38
No worries.

Leprekorn
January 2nd, 2022, 20:39
Just one question do you have the automatic effects mods loaded as well?

zanaffar81
January 2nd, 2022, 20:44
I do.

Leprekorn
January 2nd, 2022, 20:45
Cool

SilentRuin
January 7th, 2022, 21:13
OK, I've made a new AE5EPHBClasses module as an example of what can be done to let players only have to deal with one set of links in terms of classes, spells, feats, etc. for PHB when using Aridhro's PHB supplemental data. Basically, it insures all classes have links to the proper AE PHB spells and also that it handles multiple choice items in the abilities tab (like Fighting Style, etc.) as feats that can be dropped into the abilities tab (spells can't be dropped in there to create a name) instead of having to make a manual abilities tab name entry that matches the relevant choice in AE PHB supplemental spells. If you use Character wizard then you need to have Advantages extension with the CW option turned on. This will change CW behavior to load classes, spells, feats, etc. (used in lists you get to choose from) using the first unique entry returned by DB.getChildrenGlobal which returns things in alphabetical module order. Advantages also insures if a module has "AE5E" in its name it will not process any feats into the CW list it finds in there (as they are not really feats they are feature choices that have always been hardcoded text in the past).

In order to make these class modifications distributable I had to make it have 0 text from the WOTC PHB modules - it has only links to it where text would normally be followed by the real links you should be using. Use only the links presented after that WOTC link as they have the AE PHB links (WOTC will have original ones). I don't suffer this issue with links as the original version of these AE classes I made did not have any WOTC links to the text - it was just the text. Which is not distributable.

What does this mean?

It means my players when using CW or manual classes to create characters they don't choose the wrong spells for my campaign. My players use AE data. And I tired of constantly having to check through their actions tab to insure they were pointing to the AE supplemental spells and not the WOTC dumb ones. Anyway, I got tired of explaining this to people so here is an example that is distributable on what you can do for your own players. This is only for PHB as I only use DMG, PHB, MM in my D&D 5E campaigns. If you use others - then you'd have to make your own special classes pointing to those links.

Though having feats able to resolve choices in the abilities tab and correcting flaws in the PHB class definitions for FGU was the more useful part of this effort. This includes the campaign used to create the AE5EPHBClasses module, the .mod file it created, and a picture of a few of the feats I had to make for those dumb text choices they left all over various features.

I don't plan on supporting this - or explaining it further. You can ignore this - or use it as an example on how to deal with supplemental data modules that you use.

Equipped Effects extension, Aridhro's PHB, DMG, MM modules, WOTC PHB, DMG, MM modules, AE5EPHBClasses module, and Advantages extension is what a campaign needs to play around to see what has been done.

lostsanityreturned
January 8th, 2022, 07:18
Possible bug?

The equipped effects extension doesn't seem to be updating spells added to the actions tab to the AE version, only those added via the character wizard.

Is this intended? I only bought it on the 3rd but I could have sworn it updated spells on existing character sheets before, but I was testing it in the wee hours of the morning.
Possibly the update from the 5th causing issues?

SilentRuin
January 8th, 2022, 07:38
Possible bug?

The equipped effects extension doesn't seem to be updating spells added to the actions tab to the AE version, only those added via the character wizard.

Is this intended? I only bought it on the 3rd but I could have sworn it updated spells on existing character sheets before, but I was testing it in the wee hours of the morning.
Possibly the update from the 5th causing issues?

Not able to make sense what your saying here. EE does not "select where a spell comes from". It does a name match on DB.getChildrenGlobal search like everything else in FGU. Last I checked that was local first, then alphabetical module order - taking the first "hit" it finds. What you have loaded in your campaign modules and local DB uses FGU engine to dictate what is the first matching name hit EE finds. Nothing to do with EE.

If you do it manually (pick from spell list and drop into actions tab) then whatever you choose from your spell list will be put in. Only an AE spell if you chose and AE spell to drop.

If you use raw character wizard that is FGU logic making the determination (which last I checked was hardcoded in some way? Not sure as it keeps changing and I don't use it in its unmodified form).

If you use Advantages extension to modify how CW does its search then it will build a list of first come first served based on the FGU engine DB.getChildrenGlobal order of finding things.

In no place I've described does EE itself determine what spell gets "chosen". It looks for a name match and uses first one it finds.

So based on above, I'm not understanding what your trying to tell me.

lostsanityreturned
January 8th, 2022, 17:24
Not able to make sense what your saying here. EE does not "select where a spell comes from". It does a name match on DB.getChildrenGlobal search like everything else in FGU. Last I checked that was local first, then alphabetical module order - taking the first "hit" it finds. What you have loaded in your campaign modules and local DB uses FGU engine to dictate what is the first matching name hit EE finds. Nothing to do with EE.

If you do it manually (pick from spell list and drop into actions tab) then whatever you choose from your spell list will be put in. Only an AE spell if you chose and AE spell to drop.

If you use raw character wizard that is FGU logic making the determination (which last I checked was hardcoded in some way? Not sure as it keeps changing and I don't use it in its unmodified form).

If you use Advantages extension to modify how CW does its search then it will build a list of first come first served based on the FGU engine DB.getChildrenGlobal order of finding things.

In no place I've described does EE itself determine what spell gets "chosen". It looks for a name match and uses first one it finds.

So based on above, I'm not understanding what your trying to tell me.

I find it hard to respond because you are quoting things I haven't said, so I am not exactly sure where to start?

From the forge page it says
"Item, spells, class features, racial traits, and more are automatically added to your character sheet and/or combat tracker! ".
and
"Sick of coding your own items, spells, feats, or racial features in Fantasy Grounds? Pick up the 5e Automatic Effects line of products on the DMs Guild, which do all this for you instantly when paired with this Equipped Effects Extension! "

If it isn't intended to replace spells with the AE ones and AE ones are intended to be manually selected with no extension interaction, it is fine as EE still does a lot on its own.
However the description on forge suggests that it will handle it by replacing the FG default version with the AE version.

I want to make it very clear, I still believe the extension is great value without any spell interaction. But it could be made clearer if replacing spells with AE versions / populating a character sheet with AE versions isn't a feature of the extension just to avoid people like myself thinking that something was broken when they get the default FG spells and nothing updates to the AE ones :).

SilentRuin
January 8th, 2022, 18:08
I find it hard to respond because you are quoting things I haven't said, so I am not exactly sure where to start?

"Item, spells, class features, racial traits, and more are automatically added to your character sheet and/or combat tracker! ".
and
"Sick of coding your own items, spells, feats, or racial features in Fantasy Grounds? Pick up the 5e Automatic Effects line of products on the DMs Guild, which do all this for you instantly when paired with this Equipped Effects Extension! "

If it isn't intended to replace spells with the AE ones and AE ones are intended to be manually selected with no extension interaction, it is fine as EE still does a lot on its own.
However the description on forge suggests that it will handle it by replacing the FG default version with the AE version.

I want to make it very clear, I still believe the extension is great value without any spell interaction. But it could be made clearer if replacing spells with AE versions / populating a character sheet with AE versions isn't a feature of the extension just to avoid people like myself thinking that something was broken when they get the default FG spells and nothing updates to the AE ones :).

I still have no idea what your asking here or what is not working. I shall try to explain things and how they work - then you can tell me what your issue is based on that.

FGU has no concept of modules that are supplemental data where you can have the same names and want a certain precedence of what unique spell you want in your character sheet. There is only "here is a list of duplicates, pick which one you want". Obviously, there is nothing that will say - pick the first name match in from a module given my personal preference order of where it looks first. Does not exist - in code or concept within FGU. They will tell you - just load the modules you want with the data you want. Which of course, for a sequence of modules where some have unique data and others have same data you want instead of what is in the other module - well you have to physically choose which spell you want in action tab.

That is how FGU works.

EE has a requirement that for any name match in PC abilities tab (feature,trait,feat), NPC main sheet (actions, trait), or PC/NPC Inventory equipped/unequipped it needs a unique single matched name in spells or custom effects. That means it will be using DB.getChildrenGlobal FGU engine code (like everything else in FGU) to get that spell data. As it cycles through it - the first name match it finds it uses.

So what does this mean in the "world according to FGU" in combination with "the needs of the one (me)" in finding the actual name I want. Well, in my case its easy - in my SW5E data there is only one module so it will always be only one unique match. I never have an issue. In my D&D 5e campaigns I use PHB, DMG, MM and Aridhro's 3 AE matching supplements. Also no problem as when DB.getChildrenGlobal cycles through it appears its alphabetical (last I checked anyway) and will look in your local DB, then the modules in that order - first one found - match - used. I never have an issue.

Now - users be crazy is one of my Mantra's and they like to have like a zillion modules attached which have a ton of matching names. In EE that will be first come first found based on how FGU engine DB stuff works. Of course they could change that at anytime they choose so who knows in the future if that sequence you get data back will remain the same? Gist is - EE was written to handle things exactly as I described. Within the framework that FGU allows for unique selections (again if you ask SW - which I have - they will simply tell you to just unload the modules you don't want - which of course does not really work for the concept of supplemental data - only fully replaced data).

So as far as I remember Aridhro named his modules so that they would come out in the order he wanted out of those FGU DB.getChildrenGlobal - as I don't use all of them I have no idea what that attempted precedence is. And that will only work so long as FGU maintains that ordering sequence (they change stuff occasionally that breaks extensions and assumptions).

If you want a workaround - copy everything you want to use in your local DB and remove the modules. Presto - guaranteed work as you wish it.

So - now that you understand what is there - that AE modules provide all the power/spell, feats, racial features, and a bunch of other stuff that you would normally have to code yourself - but now don't - and that EE will automatically take any PC abilities tab (feature,trait,feat), NPC main sheet (actions, trait), or PC/NPC Inventory equipped/unequipped and find a name match to add into PC action tab/NPC main tab the relevant power or add in CT the relevant effect....

What is the problem your seeing?

Drogo210
January 8th, 2022, 18:13
Are you using the Character Wizard?

dbachen
January 8th, 2022, 18:17

and

Howdy. I understand where your confusion is. Because spells is in that list, you thought a spell would be automatically added which is the 5eAE version. So you're reading that sentence as "Spells are automatically added". Unfortunately, that's not one of the thing it does.. The data is there for all of the spells to provide effects (beyond what the core books provide). Spells are a "choice" by the player, and different for every class. So you have to drag the 5eAE version of a spell from the spell sidebar to the character sheet. When you use the character wizard to pick your spells, they come from the default books and don't get replaced with the 5eAE versions. You'd have to swap them out yourself.

This information is based on the current way that the character wizard (which has undergone changes) currently works and how it prioritizes which books to match features and spells from. So I'm just talking "out of the box" here.

Technically (though this wouldn't be a good idea because it's unmanageable) if you have a feat which was named the same as a spell, it would load the spell for you.. I don't recommend that. Just wanted to clarify that it's doing matching (prioritized), not replacement.

SilentRuin
January 8th, 2022, 19:23
Another note if using CW via character creation or LVL UP button:

They have added in their own abilities to add into action tab automagically recently when you commit your change. These of course will be hardcoded linked to their things causing anything that EE would find in a named match to be ignored (as EE will only add in something to action tab from abilities tab if the name is not there - which if CW puts it out there - it will be).

I'll see if there is an easy way to make this do the right search matching in CW override - but that thing is changing so frequently I'll likely just let it be. Only work around would be to replace those links with Aridhro's stuff - or delete those action tab entries (and group they create) and remove the PC from the CT and put it back in (EE will then put what it finds in its search).

SilentRuin
January 12th, 2022, 05:57
V 1.43 - Feature - support new Module Priority Level so that is displayed in the module activation page entries. There are 3 levels (1-3) or none that can be set. Currently its a first come first server name match. Which works well unless you have supplemental modules that have conflicted names. Not a problem in Aridhro's data as he names his so the order comes out the way he wants them (they will get hit first before the things they supplement). But in other places (and for future) you may have many supplemental mods with lots of name conflicts. This module priority level lets you pick which modules get preference. If any module is set with a value it will keep searching for name matches until it finds the lowest priority match. So if I have PHB (SW) and Tasha's (SW) I can set Tasha's as priority 1 and insure any name conflicts we pick that one to resolve it. Likely I won't use this myself as the first come first serve works with my supplemental data already (I only use PHB). But if you have a lot of supplemental modules then this might help you. It only records loaded modules in the local DB under <module_priorities> with a <ModuleName> and a <ModulePriority> for its data. Any time the onInit gets triggered for the manager (app startup) this data will be cleaned up based on what modules are currently loaded (removes any that are not). It also only records ones that have had their module priority set. The option provided under "Module Priority" is "Display Module priority level (1-3)" defaulted to "off". This is only for display of module priority level in the module activation window. To use it for name resolution another flag under "Equipped Effects" is provided called "Use Module Priority" defaulted to "off". This will make the name matching I do for spells look at the priorities to resolve name conflicts instead of first come first serve.

lostsanityreturned
January 12th, 2022, 07:05
Howdy. I understand where your confusion is. Because spells is in that list, you thought a spell would be automatically added which is the 5eAE version. So you're reading that sentence as "Spells are automatically added". Unfortunately, that's not one of the thing it does.. The data is there for all of the spells to provide effects (beyond what the core books provide). Spells are a "choice" by the player, and different for every class. So you have to drag the 5eAE version of a spell from the spell sidebar to the character sheet.

Yup, you got it. But yeah, honestly a minor issue for me. Just means I need to put in a bit more effort, as like SilentRuin does I restrict my players to phb base for 5e.

SilentRuin
March 3rd, 2022, 17:50
V 1.44 - FGU changes - updated extension to work with new FGU changes. Will now respect ID and attunment for NPC inventories (will not all equip if not ID'ed and attuned).

Arnagus
March 13th, 2022, 20:33
I am using your extension now for some time for items, and it works well (when an item is equipped, the effect from custom effects list with a matching name for the effect is applied). However - I do not see this behavior on Abilities & Feats.

From the Forge page:

Ability to add/remove Abilities (Feats, Features, and Traits) that look up matching custom effects and powers for PC - and effects for NPCs - will auto update all the features supplied here when PC/NPC is added into combat tracker

From your change log:

V 1.15 - Features - New Options added "Update when added into CT" defaulted to "on"; and "Add/Remove Abilities" defaulted to "on". The new features will look up matches to custom effects and powers for abilities (Feats, Features, and Traits) for a PC. They will also look up custom effects for Traits and Actions in an NPC. When adding a PC/NPC into combat tracker it will insure all custom effects (and powers for PCs in actions tab) are automatically updated per all the equipped effects rules. For a PC abilities will be added to effects/powers when the Feat, Feature, or Trait is added into the abilities tab. They will be removed when they are removed out of the abilities tab. For NPC's this is done in the main page in the same manner but only for effects.

Do I understand that if a character has e.g. an "Acrobatic" Feat, and there is an "Acrobatic" custom effect, it should be added to the Combat Tracker when the character is pulled there? I tried both: character on CT, then Feat added, and Character updated first, then pulled to CT. The effects was not picked up.

Neither was I able to have a SQ or SA entries with same name like an effect (e.g. "Energy Drain") be added as effect when the NPC was pulled into CT. I tried "Energy Drain", "Energy Drain_NPC", and "Energy Drain_Spectre" as effect names - no luck.

I also noted that the described Options are not present (but this is an old change note, so they might be default "on" now and removed)

What am I doing wrong? Is this not supported on 3.5e?

Leprekorn
March 13th, 2022, 21:05
My understanding is its a 5e ext only as mentioned in the forge listing.

SilentRuin
March 13th, 2022, 23:28
I am using your extension now for some time for items, and it works well (when an item is equipped, the effect from custom effects list with a matching name for the effect is applied). However - I do not see this behavior on Abilities & Feats.

From the Forge page:

From your change log:

Do I understand that if a character has e.g. an "Acrobatic" Feat, and there is an "Acrobatic" custom effect, it should be added to the Combat Tracker when the character is pulled there? I tried both: character on CT, then Feat added, and Character updated first, then pulled to CT. The effects was not picked up.

Neither was I able to have a SQ or SA entries with same name like an effect (e.g. "Energy Drain") be added as effect when the NPC was pulled into CT. I tried "Energy Drain", "Energy Drain_NPC", and "Energy Drain_Spectre" as effect names - no luck.

I also noted that the described Options are not present (but this is an old change note, so they might be default "on" now and removed)

What am I doing wrong? Is this not supported on 3.5e?

As stated its for 5E - granted at one horribly na´ve time I thought I could support other rulesets with it but turns out they were just too different. Not that I did not keep the bare bones basics running from those times but almost everything it supports is 5E only. Only very superficial things (from my stupid days when I thought I could support more than one ruleset) are supported in a very few rulesets. In fact, all advertisement and statements now state it is for 5E to avoid any confusion. Rulesets, while supposedly sharing a common code base in CoreRPG - do not. As I've found out much to my disappointment. They all went off on their own ways different from any other.

Arnagus
March 14th, 2022, 21:50
No problem - it does work for what I need it (and bought it for) in 3.5e. Just thought I do something wrong with the feats/abilities/traits. I knew it is limited in any other ruleset than 5e.

estrolof
March 19th, 2022, 10:37
Hi SilentRuin. Last night, I noticed a bug (or it seems to be one). I'm attaching a picture. I've disabled all other extensions, and one by one tried to find the culprit, it appears, this is the one. :(

Leprekorn
March 19th, 2022, 10:53
What's the error?

estrolof
March 19th, 2022, 11:08
There's no error text in the console dropdown. But, the spell text from the linked spell (in the sample image, Sleep) is added above the editable body of the item description (below the Properties field).

Leprekorn
March 19th, 2022, 11:13
I believe that's unavoidable as it parses what's in the link, it's more a data error I'm assuming your running automatic effects right. As the spell is the top link in the data ee parses that first.

estrolof
March 19th, 2022, 11:16
Wait...so it's supposed to parse and display the linked entry...within the item's description?

(edited to add context to my question) And...what do you mean by "automatic effects"? Because if that's an extension, I've turned off the others, and this is happening with only this extension, and I don't see an option called automatic effects in the FGU Options menu. Maybe I'm missing it though.

Leprekorn
March 19th, 2022, 11:26
It's the Grim Press modules that have coding for spells, traits, feats, magic items, potions etc.
Regarding your first point I'm not sure if it's supposed to but it does with items that have spells with links within there description. I'm sure SR will be able to elaborate.

estrolof
March 19th, 2022, 11:32
*facepalm* Yeah, ok. I own one of those, I think. But, I don't have it loaded.
I've got the Calendars module, a few home-built adventure modules, the PHB, and the DMG.
Maybe SR will know something else I'm missing.

Leprekorn
March 19th, 2022, 11:34
Which one do you have as ee works best with those automatic effects mods. Also might be worth asking on that thread to as I think they could probably cast light on if it's a data thing.

estrolof
March 19th, 2022, 12:34
I'll ask over there after SR gets a look. If only because they're not loaded and...unloaded mods shouldn't impact the game (right?). As for this ext, it's the CURSED bit I'm most keen to have work.

*sigh* I took a look, I have a few actually.

I've got the Automatic Effects for DMG, Eberron Last War, Elemental Evil, Fizban's, Monster Manual, Tome of Foes, PHB, SC Adv, Tasha, Van Richten, Volo, and Xanathar - I must have gotten it in a bundle.

SilentRuin
March 19th, 2022, 15:06
I'll ask over there after SR gets a look. If only because they're not loaded and...unloaded mods shouldn't impact the game (right?). As for this ext, it's the CURSED bit I'm most keen to have work.

*sigh* I took a look, I have a few actually.

I've got the Automatic Effects for DMG, Eberron Last War, Elemental Evil, Fizban's, Monster Manual, Tome of Foes, PHB, SC Adv, Tasha, Van Richten, Volo, and Xanathar - I must have gotten it in a bundle.

If you have the option "display first link" set to on - then obviously - it will display the first link (expand out the text). This was done for AE Grim Press support as you cannot legally copy/include the WOTC text data in something you distribute - hence the AE stuff only has links to WOTC data and this option will ONLY display them real time in the sheet (not store them someplace else). Consequence being if you have that option set then the first link (explained somewhere in .txt file and forum conversations) and if its a legit link to text it will be expanded. Hence, if you have a link in your data - then the first legit translatable one will be expanded if you have that option on. Turn it off if you don't want it. Then you can just click on the link yourself if you want to access that links text.

estrolof
March 19th, 2022, 18:07
Thank you both. Very much.

SilentRuin
April 20th, 2022, 17:53
V 1.45 - Bug - was not doing case insensitive search for keyword "Required Attunement" in rarity text. If someone put this in a sheet in lower case it would not recognize it required attunement. Fixed.

SilentRuin
May 24th, 2022, 17:38
V 1.46- Feature - added support for PC power/effect name matching to first check for a <match name>_RACE_<race name> or <match name>_CLASS_<class name> match before defaulting to a <match name> check. This allows for resolving <match name>s that are the same but have different meanings depending on where they are defined (in race data or class data). Got to love WOTC non unique naming. This was done largely to support some conflicts in the new MotM player module.

SilentRuin
May 24th, 2022, 23:58
V 1.47 - Bug - was not removing _RACE_ or _CLASS_ actions when ability that generated them was removed. Fixed.

Likely Aridhro is only one who would encounter this in new functionality added in delivery of V 1.46 and this fix :)

SilentRuin
May 25th, 2022, 18:41
V 1.48 - FGU Change - FGU changed how they parse NPC powername which this code also does, so updated to do it the same way.

SilentRuin
June 1st, 2022, 00:26
If you have a template defined it will use that name if you have no exact name match. Though it goes with out saying, if you copy an item created by a template - it will still have FGU's template info defined in it even if you rename it. Had to figure out why someone had an item show up with a completely different spell/effect - was because it was getting the template one as it should when it can't find the exact one. And as they had copied a template item - renamed it - and used it for something completely different than what the template data that it was created from - it came up with a "seemingly" totally unrelated spell/effect. In reality, it did just what they told it to. Don't copy a template create item and expect it to magically forget what template it was created from - data is data - if its in your copy of XML data - it will still be respected. Now as not many ever even create template based items - and even fewer copy them and turn them into something completely unrelated to the original (which still has that data) - this does not happen often. If it does though - its doing what you told it to do. Even if you didn't realize you were telling it to do that.

SilentRuin
June 14th, 2022, 18:47
V 1.49 - Feature - A new option "Display NPC Powers" defaulted to "off" will allow an NPC sheet and the NPC CT actions line link to display additional matched power's data as formatted text. This means that if the "Translate NPC Powers" options is "on" (power name matching is in play which builds the NPC CT action lines) and the "Display NPC Powers" is set to "All Powers" then the NPC sheet and the NPC CT action line links will show the formatted text of the matched power under the normal FGU displayed data (might have minor duplication at times), if set to "Spells Only" then NPC sheet will only have the spells translated but CT action line links will still have all translated (better timing), and if set to "CT only" then NPC sheet will display no matched NPC power data but the CT will still display everything (best timing short of turning option off). If the "Display First Link" is "on" then it will also expand the first link's description per normal behavior of that option in other places. If "Display NPC powers" or "Translate NPC Powers" is "off" then just normal FGU displays will be shown in NPC sheet and CT action line links.

And as nobody reads the .txt file updates as they should - these were added to caveats section:

If you load any module involved in the search list - it will no longer be alphabetical as it adds that module to end of global search list somewhere in FGU engine. If you are not using module priorities to force the order to be what you want and depend on the alphanumeric ordering (as designed by Aridhro's module naming) then you have to restart FGU to get it recreated that way. What you will see is that powers with non unique names get the wrong power if it was dependent on order of modules to get the right matching one.

Using the "Display NPC Powers" can result in entries that are duplicated (if a link where DB has link in text form) and also if the resulting matching power does not somehow turn out to be the same description. This can indicate a power name match that for some reason has a different worded definition for the power vs the text stored with an NPC main page. Or it could indicate that the powers defined in the CT action lines are not all described in the original NPC main page text. This can be because a power changed at some point after the NPC was placed in the CT (for MtoM module defintions as they figure out the powers at time of NPC placement in CT). It can also indicate you have some name conflict that is matching the wrong thing and defining your NPC CT action lines with different abilities - you would need to figure out which was correct (NPC description or the power it matched too). If you are showing all the expanded data the top entry in the NPC Power sheet listing is the CT NPC DB description stored with it and the bottom entry is the power description extracted from Spell listing that matched.

SilentRuin
June 14th, 2022, 19:00
Further note: the ct_power_detail windowclass had to be completely replaced in order to get formatted text to work in this. I will still be looking to see if I can get around having to do this as it would wipe out any other extensions changes to this.

(postedit) Managed to rewrite it in a less conflicting way after all - but will wait till next release (unless someone complains) to drop it. For sure TEST has a ton of updates that will be required anyway.

SilentRuin
June 14th, 2022, 20:59
V 1.50 - Bug - "Display First Link" option can cause duplicated text which is avoidable when using "Translate NPC Powers" options. Fixed.

SilentRuin
June 15th, 2022, 23:50
V 1.51 - Bug - The NPC CT action line link was displaying both the original basic string data and the formatted version of it - will now determine (if it can) if those are similar enough to only display the formatted text version.

SilentRuin
June 17th, 2022, 22:33
Bug - made sure targeting only targets map tokens that are in combat tracker list.

For now just don't click on any module priority shown on client. This will be fixed in the next major update to EE when FGU updates what is currently in test.

nephranka
June 20th, 2022, 23:19
Ran into this strange bug yesterday. I as soon as I dropped this monster on the CT it throws this error and blanks the lines in the CT on some powers (but the links work). Only happens with this and BCEG loaded in a clean 5e campaign.

SilentRuin
June 20th, 2022, 23:44
Ran into this strange bug yesterday. I as soon as I dropped this monster on the CT it throws this error and blanks the lines in the CT on some powers (but the links work). Only happens with this and BCEG loaded in a clean 5e campaign.

[Never mind I think I see the issue]

SilentRuin
June 21st, 2022, 00:11

Equipped Effects Extension - Bug - no version update - had a miskey from V1.51 that has been corrected. Will result in an ERROR in console log - at manager_power.lua line 1741.

This has been updated in DMsG and Forge.

nephranka
June 21st, 2022, 00:16
Equipped Effects Extension - Bug - no version update - had a miskey from V1.51 that has been corrected. Will result in an ERROR in console log - at manager_power.lua line 1741.

This has been updated in DMsG and Forge.

Thank you!

nephranka
June 21st, 2022, 00:28
So it looked to get up dated but now it is missing from the ext list to add. I found it in the folder. Strange....

SilentRuin
June 21st, 2022, 00:30
So it looked to get up dated but now it is missing from the ext list to add. I found it in the folder. Strange....

Yeah I misformed the zip file like an idiot - so it vaporized. Updated In DMsG - Forge will be updated shortly when Grim gets to it.

This is what happens when you have a bunch of backlogged TEST fixes you can't go into LIVE and try to hand build the zip for this one fix.

SilentRuin
June 21st, 2022, 00:58
Forge and DMsG are updated with the corrected zip file.

nephranka
June 21st, 2022, 02:45
Forge and DMsG are updated with the corrected zip file.

Thanks again for the quick turn around!

SilentRuin
July 1st, 2022, 19:52
Just because... EE with the bells and whistles all turned on :)

Waiting for MtoM in AE data set by Aridhro to arrive to make those abjurer things match relevant stuff! Right now they match the AE PHB stuff.

SilentRuin
July 12th, 2022, 23:39
V 1.52 - FGU changes - Latest FGU update required changes.

Not compatible with previous LIVE delivery. Only current.

WinterSoldier7
August 17th, 2022, 14:20
What's the difference between this and Ceslestian's Advanced Effects extension? I have both now and don't know if I've doubled-up.

SilentRuin
August 17th, 2022, 19:27
What's the difference between this and Ceslestian's Advanced Effects extension? I have both now and don't know if I've doubled-up.

I have no idea what Advanced Effects is so you'll have to research it yourself. This does what it says in description and .txt file on page 1. You can look in here at their video to see examples of how it can be used with Aridhro's supplemental modules if you want a practical use someone made of the extension...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?67481-5E-Automatic-Effects

WinterSoldier7
August 17th, 2022, 19:30
Will take a look, thanks

MrDDT
August 17th, 2022, 21:33

Very different. I use both, because they both have good reasons to use them.

This one integrates with a lot of other EXTs and MODs that support it.

Advanced Effects allows you to put the effects right on the items. Also a special function that allows for items with ACTION ONLY.

lostsanityreturned
August 19th, 2022, 16:18
Has the latest FGU update broken equipped effects?

It seems to have stopped working in 5e at least, both in a campaign it was previously working in an a test campaign I just started up with only the automated effects module, phb and advantages modules loaded.

If it is just on my end I wonder if the update borked the install somehow.

SilentRuin
August 19th, 2022, 16:36
Has the latest FGU update broken equipped effects?

It seems to have stopped working in 5e at least, both in a campaign it was previously working in an a test campaign I just started up with only the automated effects module, phb and advantages modules loaded.

If it is just on my end I wonder if the update borked the install somehow.

No problems I'm aware of - just tried it. You should be on the latest version from Page 1 - V1.52. No changes were required for this last update. Make sure you only have one .ext file in FGU extension directory that is the latest version and that nothing is unzipped in that directory. Also, make sure you are ONLY using this extension to make sure your not seeing some sort of other extension messing it up.

yarnameloc90
August 19th, 2022, 17:11
This maybe a little off topic but is there a way to increase the number of crit die at the item level vs the character level? I was hoping this functionality might be part of the Equipped Effects EXT. which I recently purchased.

lostsanityreturned
August 19th, 2022, 18:23
No problems I'm aware of - just tried it. You should be on the latest version from Page 1 - V1.52. No changes were required for this last update. Make sure you only have one .ext file in FGU extension directory that is the latest version and that nothing is unzipped in that directory. Also, make sure you are ONLY using this extension to make sure your not seeing some sort of other extension messing it up.

Yeah I am on the right version, it was working prior to this update (for 6 months) and just doesn't now. Very strange.
And yeah first thing I do is start up a new campaign with only the required elements loaded (in this case I only loaded advantages for module priority and equipped effects).

There is no error which is odd. I will do a complete FGU reinstall and see if that fixes it.

SilentRuin
August 19th, 2022, 18:44
This maybe a little off topic but is there a way to increase the number of crit die at the item level vs the character level? I was hoping this functionality might be part of the Equipped Effects EXT. which I recently purchased.

Not via this extension.

SilentRuin
August 19th, 2022, 18:45
Yeah I am on the right version, it was working prior to this update (for 6 months) and just doesn't now. Very strange.
And yeah first thing I do is start up a new campaign with only the required elements loaded (in this case I only loaded advantages for module priority and equipped effects).

There is no error which is odd. I will do a complete FGU reinstall and see if that fixes it.

I will try to create a new campaign later today and see if anything is going on - but my original test campaign still works fine.

SilentRuin
August 19th, 2022, 19:07

I tried creating a campaign from scratch - and while FGU has done something odd with fighting effects or something (nothing to do with this extensions I think) it worked fine when I did a test to see things got populated when I dropped the character in CT - and when in CT I loaded and unloaded a test of the worst of the worst - the sword of Kas and it worked fine. As long as you have modules that match the things your loading/unloading or populating it should all work. Not having matching modules loaded will of course get you nothing.

lostsanityreturned
August 24th, 2022, 01:35
I tried creating a campaign from scratch - and while FGU has done something odd with fighting effects or something (nothing to do with this extensions I think) it worked fine when I did a test to see things got populated when I dropped the character in CT - and when in CT I loaded and unloaded a test of the worst of the worst - the sword of Kas and it worked fine. As long as you have modules that match the things your loading/unloading or populating it should all work. Not having matching modules loaded will of course get you nothing.

Tested with a fresh install and it works fine again (including the original campaign and all of my original extensions). I will chalk it up to "just one of those weird things".

Thanatos0042
August 27th, 2022, 06:55
Hi there

I posted in the other thread as well. I've run into what I think may be a bug or mod conflict and I'm not sure what mod it might be in - but I narrowed it down to this one and Better Combat Effects.
This just started giving me a problem once I updated everything after not running any games awhile.
It's basically duplicating the effect load of some items, but not all items that I have made or applied effects to.

Here's the thread post with a screenshot.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?68831-Better-Combat-Effects&p=661016&viewfull=1#post661016

Look at the 'dawnbringer' entry, you'll notice it loads 2 times - so when I go look at effects on the combat tracker, it shows 2 instances.

thank you.

SilentRuin
August 31st, 2022, 01:26
Hi there

I posted in the other thread as well. I've run into what I think may be a bug or mod conflict and I'm not sure what mod it might be in - but I narrowed it down to this one and Better Combat Effects.
This just started giving me a problem once I updated everything after not running any games awhile.
It's basically duplicating the effect load of some items, but not all items that I have made or applied effects to.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?68831-Better-Combat-Effects&p=661016&viewfull=1#post661016

Look at the 'dawnbringer' entry, you'll notice it loads 2 times - so when I go look at effects on the combat tracker, it shows 2 instances.

thank you.

I don't use better combat effects so have no info on that for you. However, EE will match a name (case incentive exactly) and if it finds it already present it won't do anything. But if it does not - it will add it in. I know for a fact that some people edit the names of things so yes, if that was the case you say its 2 times but I bet the names are slightly different. No idea if this extension is something you can use with EE or not. For sure there are lots of options you can set to neuter EE from doing certain things - but what your describing seem "not a bug" but working as it should.

MrDDT
August 31st, 2022, 03:34
Hi there

thank you.

I can see you using other exts in the screenshot, are you using Advanced Effects, with the effects ON the items already?

GunnarGreybeard
September 9th, 2022, 20:03
This, in my case, is probably the most useful extension ever devised! Just had to make it known to the masses. Thanks SilentRuin.

SilentRuin
September 11th, 2022, 18:09
V 1.53 - FGU changes - Latest FGU update required changes. Removed old code that no longer is required.

SilentRuin
September 26th, 2022, 23:10
Note: Right mouse menu item over PC actions tab to "Reparse spell actions" definition will ignore module priority and the module selection logic - same for NPC main page "Parse NPC Spells" - so don't use these until I work out a way to override it (if I can - if I can't just don't use them with this extension) and make it work properly. Only current legit way to replace a spell/feat/etc. is to pick the correct spell you want from spells list. ( I could say for abilities tab stuff you could delete the action then remove and replace the PC into the CT but users being users would likely mess something up like forgetting to manually delete the PC token out of any map it currently exists on - so I'm definitely not going to say that ;) )

WinterSoldier7
October 25th, 2022, 18:21
This seems to be having issues for me since the latest update;

- The Type box no longer changes the one below it

- Typed-in descriptions don't appear on the item under 'Effect Features' (text is missing)

SilentRuin
October 25th, 2022, 20:27
This seems to be having issues for me since the latest update;

- The Type box no longer changes the one below it

- Typed-in descriptions don't appear on the item under 'Effect Features' (text is missing)

Type box? Effect Features? I don't know what your talking about here. You sure your posting in the right extension?

WinterSoldier7
October 26th, 2022, 11:02
Probably not - I'm just practising making a fool of myself.

Nothing to see here... carry on... :p

SilentRuin
December 18th, 2022, 19:14
V 1.54 - Update - Will now support doing name lookup/matching of custom effects for NPC bonusactions,legendaryactions, and lairactions data. Previously only did NPC traits and actions data.

SilentRuin
January 30th, 2023, 16:11
V 1.55 - Update - New option "Disable FGU adding actions" defaulted to "off". If "on" this option will prevent FGU from interpreting actions into the action tab of PCs based on module data. This can cause duplicates when something like AE5E supplemental data is used which has all the actions already defined and EE automatically updates them already.

Basically FGU has a number of hardcoded parsing text where they will add those abilities into the actions tab - even when you have your own definition for them (supplemental data module or your own personal changes). This will disable that from happening. It's runtime flag so you can turn it off and on at will. Mostly I notice this happening in character wizard created things.

SilentRuin
February 6th, 2023, 07:18
In case anyone ever grabbed this 100% UNSUPPORTED module where all the classes point to the AE5E spells so my players don't have to remember to snag the right ones... USE AT OWN RISK. As I posted them in this thread a while back (now deleted) I've decided to post the updated ones in case anyone foolishly snagged them. This has the file used to build the module and the module itself.

WinterSoldier7
February 6th, 2023, 16:59
Hello, needing a bit of help for a workaround or fix for an issue I'm seeing when using this with the Kingdoms & Warfare module + extension.

According to the K&W module, NPCs should have a POWER tab inbetween their MAIN and OTHER ones. However, when this extension is installed, the POWER tab becomes a copy of the OTHER tab.

I hope that makes sense. I can take photos or videos if need be.

Do you have any thoughts on how to get around this?

SilentRuin
February 6th, 2023, 19:20
Hello, needing a bit of help for a workaround or fix for an issue I'm seeing when using this with the Kingdoms & Warfare module + extension.

According to the K&W module, NPCs should have a POWER tab inbetween their MAIN and OTHER ones. However, when this extension is installed, the POWER tab becomes a copy of the OTHER tab.

Tabs are very finicky and to play generically and nice with others you have to do them just right. I have no issue with anyone else and I am doing them as generically as possible - plus I don’t use this extension - so you may just have to assume they have a conflict. EXTENSIONS = Risk - I can’t fix other extensions I only try to make mine as generically compatible as possible.

SilentRuin
February 6th, 2023, 20:32
Tabs are very finicky and to play generically and nice with others you have to do them just right. I have no issue with anyone else and I am doing them as generically as possible - plus I don’t use this extension - so you may just have to assume they have a conflict. EXTENSIONS = Risk - I can’t fix other extensions I only try to make mine as generically compatible as possible.

If it turns out there is something non generic I'm doing I'll for sure change it though.

I note a strange line in my override of npc.lua onInit where I'm doing the following:

if tabs then
tabs.setTab(2, "subwin_text", "tab_other");
end

Don't remember what that is really doing there.

SilentRuin
February 6th, 2023, 20:58

Ok I've spent some time looking at this. The NPC sheet has an "other_tab" added in for handling text expansion in EE.

<windowclass ruleset="5E" name="npc" merge="join">
<script file="campaign/scripts/npc.lua" />
<sheetdata>
<subwindow_record name="subwin_text" insertafter="main_creature">
<class>other_tab</class>
</subwindow_record>
</sheetdata>
</windowclass>

There should be nothing inherently wrong in this as I understand it. Not sure what this other extension is doing with its tab that could interfere or confuse this as its a separate tab added into the sheet. Currently when EE is in this will be 1 = main tab, 2 = other tab, 3= inventory for the tabs. I set this tab to 2 on init which is probably evil as NOBODY should be using hardcoded numbers to touch tabs at all (you never know what they will have) so I will change that or remove it. Once I delivery you can let me know if that fixes your issue - if it does not that's all I can do. Polymorphism is my tab nightmare where I did tons of stuff - the EE stuff is super simple - not sure why I had that hardcoded tab number as I know better. Next post here will this cleanup of this.

WinterSoldier7
February 6th, 2023, 21:10
Thanks for looking into it, very much appreciated!

SilentRuin
February 6th, 2023, 21:14
V 1.56 - Bug - Removed some unnecessary setTab call in npc sheet processing.

Not sure if this will help the conflict but I could not really remember why this was even doing this. If it turns out something goes wrong in NPC sheet displays of expanded EE text I may have to do something else but I could not understand what it was even doing in my code. Could have been something left over from older times when tabs were different - just not sure. Anyway, we will see what happens. Nothing much more I can do as the window text in that tab is required by EE and as I showed in code earlier is something added in (and only used by me) in a pretty simple way.

debergerac88
February 9th, 2023, 21:58
I cant figure out how to make this work.

Leprekorn
February 9th, 2023, 22:00
What are you trying to do?

MrDDT
February 9th, 2023, 22:29
I cant figure out how to make this work.

Might be best to goto discord and ask can get faster live feedback.
Grim Press Discord CLICK ME! (https://discord.gg/N7MM93a)

WinterSoldier7
February 10th, 2023, 16:25
V 1.56 - Bug - Removed some unnecessary setTab call in npc sheet processing.

Not sure if this will help the conflict but I could not really remember why this was even doing this. If it turns out something goes wrong in NPC sheet displays of expanded EE text I may have to do something else but I could not understand what it was even doing in my code. Could have been something left over from older times when tabs were different - just not sure. Anyway, we will see what happens. Nothing much more I can do as the window text in that tab is required by EE and as I showed in code earlier is something added in (and only used by me) in a pretty simple way.

Seems to have worked a charm!
Will investigate further over the weekend, but at first glance the issue is fixed.
Many thanks for taking the time to look into this!

SilentRuin
February 10th, 2023, 17:05
Seems to have worked a charm!
Will investigate further over the weekend, but at first glance the issue is fixed.
Many thanks for taking the time to look into this!

No worries - I will always meet conflicts with "I don't use it and I do everything generic" - then secretly make sure I am doing it generically ;)

SilentRuin
February 12th, 2023, 19:42
V 1.57 - Update - changed all default options to what I want as I got tired of updating them all. Users can turn them off now if they don't want them.

SilentRuin
February 15th, 2023, 02:18
V 1.58 - Update - implemented node and childList changes to code that SW wanted.

SilentRuin
February 16th, 2023, 05:16
V 1.59 - Update - rewrote EE to keep a global list of name indexed spell nodes trimmed by module priority rules around so its not constantly being regenerated. Any modification to local spells or unload/load of modules will clear this global list and force its regeneration next time it is used. This should speed things up as it was constantly regenerating this list all the time. Only EE uses it. Replaced an unused flag with "Equip/Unequip Inventory" defaulted to on - which can be used to turn off equip inventory named matching.

See if it works - should be a lot faster and the default options (create a new project) should probably be in use unless you do special stuff on your own like MrDDT ;)

knorbet77
February 16th, 2023, 11:13
Nice one. Works a treat!

SilentRuin
February 17th, 2023, 03:29
This is the options in EE I use and I recommend.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56231&d=1676600934

SilentRuin
February 19th, 2023, 00:11
V 1.60 - Bug - Was not adding the spell import/export button, notes import/export button, or the item Type(sub) search in a generic manner which could cause conflicts. Fixed.

jonesdaadi
February 24th, 2023, 23:38
So being a fan of your extensions, I am well aware of your policy to only make features for you extensions that you need in your games. That being said, I came across something i assumed you already implemented in EE. Vehicle effects dont seem to have the same magic as NPCs and PCs. I have some vehicle traits that I created custom effects for, but they arent adding when I drop the vehicle on the CT. Maybe you dont need this feature, but maybe you do...

SilentRuin
February 25th, 2023, 00:02
So being a fan of your extensions, I am well aware of your policy to only make features for you extensions that you need in your games. That being said, I came across something i assumed you already implemented in EE. Vehicle effects dont seem to have the same magic as NPCs and PCs. I have some vehicle traits that I created custom effects for, but they arent adding when I drop the vehicle on the CT. Maybe you dont need this feature, but maybe you do...

Vehicles are actually new DB type of entry. I will look into that as it seems something that should be supported. Sometime in the next week I'll get into it and see what it takes.

SilentRuin
February 25th, 2023, 06:55
V 1.61 - Update - vehicle class type was only supported in inventory (equip/unequip) but now it will be supported like an NPC class type in CT changes also.

jonesdaadi
February 25th, 2023, 13:40
That was quick and hopefully painless. I will be testing and let you know if it has any problems for me. Thanks a lot for your continued hard work on making our games so much better.

SilentRuin
February 25th, 2023, 16:53
That was quick and hopefully painless. I will be testing and let you know if it has any problems for me. Thanks a lot for your continued hard work on making our games so much better.

Just keep in mind that as its treated as an NPC for equipped effects - that means out of the NPC name matching DB things it supports only "traits" currently applies. Also remember if these are not defined in your NPC list first but instead attempted to be defined in the CT link itself - those action entries will appear blank - though link will be correct. Think that was always a thing but not sure.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56384&d=1677340380

SilentRuin
March 3rd, 2023, 01:18
V1.62 - Update - supported vehicle class as much as possible in the same manner as npc class.

Griogre
April 3rd, 2023, 09:01
With only the Equipped Effects extension, all the 5E Automatic Effects modules and D&D Xanathar's Guide - Players.

I have a custom monster that has a power called Psychic Scream that is pulling in the info from the Spell Psychic Scream in Xanathar's Players guide and appending it to the monster's power. Then it adds a link to the Spell: Phychic Scream (XGtE). When I turn off the Option Translate NPC Powers this stops that.

Is there a place somewhere where I find a list that shows what all the options do for Equipped Effects? Particularly Translate NPC Powers, Use Module Priority Process and Skip Conflict Names?

Leprekorn
April 3rd, 2023, 10:30
There is a txt file at the start of this thread that should help.

SilentRuin
April 3rd, 2023, 14:52
These are the options I always run with so you can try these. Otherwise, txt file as Leprekorn stated is where I track all the changes I make in my extensions. Note I turn off all actions that FGU tried to set "for me" as they hardcode those so that they clash with the supplemental modules I use (AE5E ones).

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56950&d=1680526253

MrDDT
April 3rd, 2023, 17:23
With only the Equipped Effects extension, all the 5E Automatic Effects modules and D&D Xanathar's Guide - Players.

I have a custom monster that has a power called Psychic Scream that is pulling in the info from the Spell Psychic Scream in Xanathar's Players guide and appending it to the monster's power. Then it adds a link to the Spell: Phychic Scream (XGtE). When I turn off the Option Translate NPC Powers this stops that.

Is there a place somewhere where I find a list that shows what all the options do for Equipped Effects? Particularly Translate NPC Powers, Use Module Priority Process and Skip Conflict Names?

If you want to hop on discord in Grim Press discord and post in #vtt-support, I will gladly show you how to code power onto an NPC where it will pull it correctly for that NPC.

Pretty much you want to make the power named after the NPC matching.

Griogre
April 3rd, 2023, 20:16
The problem is I don't want the Psychic Screams to combine but I don't know what I am giving up when I turn "Translate NPC Powers" to off. SilentRuin has it set to on. I will drop in on the VTT discord.

SilentRuin
April 27th, 2023, 05:17
V 1.63 - Fix - the conflict name of "shield" was not parsing with the template name so applied things like "Shield, +1" etc. with a power which it should have been skipping. Fixed.

SilentRuin
May 8th, 2023, 18:17
V 1.64 - Fix - making sure rAction has changestate as part of data to be used by other functions. For BCEG purposes.

SilentRuin
May 25th, 2023, 00:25
V 1.65 - Update - support for extra lvl data for bratch9 extension.

Nothing anyone not specifically using CT NPC actions with a heal and bratch9's advanced spell damage extension will notice.

SxySamurai
October 3rd, 2023, 23:25
Man, PFRPG2 gets almost no love when it comes to extensions like this, which is a huge bummer.

SilentRuin
November 1st, 2023, 19:30
V 1.66 - Update - added ability to import/export options in/out of XML files. Renamed all export/import button options so they are grouped together in options - all require restart of FGU to be displayed. Spells and notes (buttons been in this extension for ages) are indexed data and should be used with extreme caution when importing to an existing local DB - exporting is harmless. The new options will use the local DB <options> data to directly put into XML file and load from XML file into options and if using an old XML copy beware of options having changed (you will be dumping old version back in). These are for my own use - use at own risk if you choose to enable these buttons.

[Note: Always remember that options that have never been manually set in a campaign will not be in XML and show up as default of whatever code is defining them - nothing in DB options then use default is the rule]

Arghun
December 26th, 2023, 23:17
Same issue as for Polymorphism extension. The version hosted on DMSGuild is not the latest one.

The one I download from there from my library is 1.65 and not 1.66 :-(

SilentRuin
December 26th, 2023, 23:20
Same answer.