PDA

View Full Version : Numeric Kepad

sppeterson
April 23rd, 2007, 20:34
When enterting values into the various sheets I can't ssem to use the numeric keypad to do so -- is there some way to activate it?

joshuha
April 23rd, 2007, 20:44
The keypad is used for shortcuts to windowclasses (minimized or not) in FG. This has been requested before and I am sure is on the to-do list somewhere.

Ricboy
April 23rd, 2007, 20:52
By the way I know I wasn't able to use the keypad but it is used as shortcut for what?... It might be usefull for me... by the way, as you can guess I'm new with FG and just played once last week with it...

richvalle
April 23rd, 2007, 21:09
Open up something you want to bring up often (map, spell, ect). While it is the active window press and hold one of the num keys. The item will flash briefly.

Now it is locked into that key and when you hit the key the item will pop up.

rv

Berova
April 23rd, 2007, 21:26
Would it make more sense to make the numeric keypad short cut work when the Num Lock is off and the numeric keys to work when the Num Lock is on? Is it possible (and can you make it a user selectable option)? just wonderin' :)

sppeterson
April 23rd, 2007, 21:29
Would it make more sense to make the numeric keypad short cut work when the Num Lock is off and the numeric keys to work when the Num Lock is on? Is it possible (and can you make it a user selectable option)? just wonderin' :)

Yah -- that's what I was hoping for.

Griogre
April 23rd, 2007, 22:39
I like that. That's a good idea.

Astinus
April 24th, 2007, 05:09
Me too. I enter numbers more often than I'd use those shortcuts. So I'd get much more use from the keypad if I could use it for what it was originally intended... numbers.

Honduras
April 24th, 2007, 14:29
odd, lol, normally the numbers above the letter keys should be used for shortcuts and the numpad for entering numbers, but ah well.

kimba
April 24th, 2007, 19:21
Me too. I enter numbers more often than I'd use those shortcuts. So I'd get much more use from the keypad if I could use it for what it was originally intended... numbers.

I have to agree. I miss my number pad. I have to use it at work all the time. then I get frustrated when I caom hope to FGII and cant use it.

the number pad is my friend... FG is my friend... Cant they all just get along?

Astinus
April 25th, 2007, 19:56
odd, lol, normally the numbers above the letter keys should be used for shortcuts and the numpad for entering numbers, but ah well.

Exactly. Any chance of a modification on this, devs?

Griogre
April 25th, 2007, 20:14
If they do this you would not be able to type numbers from the keyboard and with many laptops not haveing a numeric keypad this would be worse than it is now. Typing a die code would be murder.

Berova
April 25th, 2007, 21:29
If it is user selectable, then we'd have the best of both worlds. :D

YellowRex
June 19th, 2007, 03:13
I would really like an option to control the behavior of the numeric keypad. I can touch type like a fiend with the numeric keypad, but I never learned the number row on the keyboard. I would really like the option to disable the windowclass shortcuts and be able to type in numbers.

zifnab69_fr
August 15th, 2007, 07:53
I really agree with that +1

Nalfien
September 7th, 2007, 03:08
I use a laptop with a num pad and would love to type numbers on it. I use the num pad all day at work so thats where my hand likes to go out of habit. If we could toggle this with num lock, that would be awesome.

zifnab69_fr
September 7th, 2007, 09:46
+1 for me, i prefer to use numeric keypad

phantomwhale
September 10th, 2007, 00:30
+1 - let it be user configurable - even if it is "num keypad shortcuts off / on", with the off setting letting it be used as a normal keypad.

osarusan
May 30th, 2010, 03:10
Any update on this? I have a Japanese keyboard, which means the only plus (+) sign on the keyboard is on the numpad. So I can't use it at all in Fantasy Grounds, which can be a problem. I much prefer the numpad to shortcuts -- we have tons of shortcuts already in the quickbar at the bottom of the screen.

Moon Wizard
May 30th, 2010, 09:47
It's something I am looking at for the next release.
JPG

ddavison
June 1st, 2010, 05:54
Moon_wizard was able to add the NumPad functionality into the newest release. It is currently in public beta test right now and if all goes well it will be going into production in the next 1.5-2 weeks.

GunnarGreybeard
June 1st, 2010, 08:21
Moon_wizard was able to add the NumPad functionality into the newest release. It is currently in public beta test right now and if all goes well it will be going into production in the next 1.5-2 weeks.
More good news. It just keeps getting better. :)

loki_x
August 8th, 2015, 22:26
i use an hold version that i have buyed time ago,
is possible to adit some xml or lua file for toggle numeric key pad from map recall ecc and move numeric keypad to a simple number imput ?
i not like to use number over the letter, i go more fast with numeric keypad, i whant to use it.

or this function is allready active in the last version and i have only to buy it ?
thx

kylania
August 8th, 2015, 22:30
It's probably best to email [email protected] and see your options about upgrading your old version of FG to the latest version.

Griogre
August 8th, 2015, 22:48
If you have a valid license key you should be able to update any prior version to the latest version. You should download the installer off the webpage here though instead of using an old installer though.

loki_x
August 9th, 2015, 10:11
If you have a valid license key you should be able to update any prior version to the latest version. You should download the installer off the webpage here though instead of using an old installer though.

can i upgrade my old version (buyed) without buy new version ?

but the question is, numeric pad, is usable for insert number in txt spece or number space or continue to be used only for recall map etc ?

Honken
August 9th, 2015, 13:57
can i upgrade my old version (buyed) without buy new version ?

Yes, you should be able to download the latest version of FG.

but the question is, numeric pad, is usable for insert number in txt spece or number space or continue to be used only for recall map etc ?

In later versions of FG, keypad can be used to insert numbers into both text and numbers areas.

/H