PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a great DM to run a short PVP 5e Arena/Campaign (PAID)

DrPres
June 27th, 2020, 17:24
Concept: Four players make their best characters at lvl 5, 10, 15, and 20. Starting at lvl 5 they compete in a short module (one session) to rescue one of four artifacts. It is player vs player. Points assigned for MOBS killed, Boss Mob defeated, traps/chests/doors unlocked/opened, riddles solved, obstacle overcome, gold/items gathered, oh...and yes, players killed/looted.

Each player pays $20/session. In the end, player with highest point score after 4 campaigns, gets 50% of payment...the rest goes to the DM.

Any DM out there want to take on this challenge using FGU and 5e rules? I have a couple players already. Must be mature. Here are the details, so far:

Ultimate Showdown Campaign

Background: Four characters compete to obtain four artifacts from four modules at level 5, 10, 15, and 20. Players earn experience by solving problems, traps, overcoming obstacles, defeating other characters, defeating boss mobs, collecting gold/items, and successfully exiting the module with the artifact. Each player pays $20/session/module. The player with the most experience at the end of the 4 campaigns receives 50% of the cash booty paid by all players, which should be $160 (the rest goes to the DM).

Scoring, etc:

• Each recovered artifact is worth 100,000 points to the player who exits with the artifact (artifacts are indestructible and cannot be replicated by any means).
• Defeating (killing) other players is worth 5,000 each (only one award per player per session…no rezzing and then killing them again). Only one award per module per player terminated.
• Each adversary (MOB) defeated gives 1,000 points. Defeating a Boss mob is worth 5,000 points to the player who deals the final blow.
• Each Trap successfully disarmed or locked door/chest that is unlocked gives 1,000 points
• Gold is worth 1 point/gold.
• Items can be cashed out at the rate of (CHA/20) times the lowest price in the DM Guide at the end of each session. Dead players can be looted, but any of their gold remains in banks before entering the session.
• Players start with gold= 1,000 for lvl 5; 5,000 for lvl 10, 10,000 for lvl 15 and 20,000 for level 20 with which to buy equipment and magic items or just save it because it is worth points at the end. The item price is (CHA/20) times the lowest price in the DM guide. DM discretion as to availability.
• Wish spells are limited (lvl 8 spells mostly)…DM discretion
• Player starting stats are: 18, 16, 14, 12, 10, and 8 (assigned as they see fit), then add race mods, equipment, etc.
o Players can choose to increase those stats or take feats based upon their ability score improvement for their class
o Multi-classing is allowed
o Starting races, spells, feats, equipment, etc. will come from PHB, DM guide, and Xanathar’s Guide to Everything

Modules: These are short dungeons, outdoor areas (water, forest, mountains), and/or arenas. Each player starts at a different entrance. Players cannot see other players to start with and line of sight will be active on FGU. The game starts by rolling initiative (with advantage) and that initiative number stays with each player throughout the entire game to determine order of play…so consider that when assigning stats and selecting feats. Each player continues with their starting character, but advances 5 levels for each module (i.e. lvl 5, 10, 15, and 20). Each round is 6 seconds, with turns in initiative order, ties go to player with highest Dex, otherwise DM will roll a die to determine tie breaker.

Expect to die. Expect it will be very difficult. Expect traps, nasty monsters, and unsavory player characters who will gank you, kill you, rob you, and cheat you out of your booty…and cash. Keep fowl language to a minimum or face fines for each incidence (i.e. point reduction). Players can be booted out by the DM if they get out of hand and all monies and points forfeited. No appeal. DM is ultimate arbiter. Good luck…have fun…and win, win, win!

Notes: Game night, time, etc. up in the air. Expect 3-4 hour session, once a week or maybe every other week, depending upon players/DM.

DM should PM me (DrPres) and give me their bio, experience, interest, etc. Probably phone interview. Prefer older, experienced DM. This is a battlefest, not a standard campaign.

Any other interested players can send me a PM and give me basic info. 18+ please at this point.

computertrucker
June 28th, 2020, 00:35
I'd run this, I actually posted something similar for a 4e game a little over a month ago. But I would be willing to do it in 5e and give a purse to the winner at the end. I thought 4e would better work for this due to how tactical it is. But I would be down for either.

DrPres
June 28th, 2020, 18:09
Thanks computertrucker! You can PM me and perhaps we can chat sometime this week.

DrPres

DrPres
June 30th, 2020, 22:53
DM position filled. Gratz Computer Trucker!

Game set to start July 22, 8 PM EST, every other week for 4 weeks. PM me or computertrucker if interested in joining...have a couple of interested people already.

DrPres

Orgulthar
July 4th, 2020, 05:14
I am in interested, sound very fun. Im a experienced DM (20years allmost) and my player allways have a great time ! I use FG classic exclusively atm. cool concept pvp tournament :)