PDA

View Full Version : Random target not matching selected target

Takashima
June 27th, 2020, 07:25
Hi.

A character of one of my player had many times an issue with targeting.

He selects a target (ennemy for attack, or himself for a healing spell). I can see on my GM screen that he has selected the correct target.
But when he does the attack and/or damage roll, the damage was applied to some other "random" (?) PJ !
Or he ended up healing monsters (omg!, or casting flaming strike on his team mates, etc.

All the time, while screen shown the expected target.

Only this character had the issue yesterday. It happened also in another session.

The only difference we could see yesterday was that he had put his mage armor on ( AC 3).

Ah, another info: there were two players connected, each playing two PJ. But out of the four PJ, only his cleric had that very annoying issue.

Moon Wizard
June 27th, 2020, 10:09
This was a more common issue in an older build. What is the version number (and build date) reported on the FGU launch screen in the upper right corner?

Thanks,
JPG

Takashima
June 27th, 2020, 15:30
Hi.

It is FGU 4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-06-10).
The players are using the same version but the free one.
Only one character had the issue, though.

I could see he had targeted some monster as desired, but that his hit roll (and damage) was done on one of his team mates (which was very funny from monster perspective, but less from his mate one ^^ )
Now wondering: he is a cleric, maybe there was some ghost track of a prvious target from when he healed another P (?) although nothing like that was visible in the combat tracker. :confused:

Tuleen Donai
June 27th, 2020, 15:42
Ya ... you should really update. We're on 6-25-2020 now.