PDA

View Full Version : [COVID Games] [D&D Classic] [FG Unity] [6/27/2020, 11:00 PM, EST] – Classic D&D 1sho

fafast
June 27th, 2020, 06:37
Title: Classic D&D
FG ruleset: AD&D 2E
FG Unity
License type needed: a free/demo license. the GM has an Ultimate license.
Start time and date and time zone: 6/27/2020 11:00 PM EST
Duration: 2 hours
TimeAndDate.com link: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=D%26D+Classic&iso=20200627T23&p1=419&ah=2
Voice comm requirements: Voice required over Discord
Other requirements:

This is a one-shot introductory adventure of Classic Dungeons & Dragons. Prior knowledge of the game is not necessary to play and references will be provided for new players. It will be a one shot session and will last 3 hours long. I will run everyone through character creation at the beginning of the session. I will be using the AD&D 2E ruleset within the Fantasy Grounds app for convenience, but we will not be strictly playing 2e. I am actually completely new to Fantasy Grounds, so I'll mostly be using the app for dice rolling and sharing handouts.

This is not a 5e game

The only allowed class options are: FIGHTING-MAN, MAGIC-USER, CLERIC, THIEF, ELF, DWARF, and HOBBIT

Familiarity with the ruleset is not expected and I will have references available for players. It is helpful if you are knowledgeable in some original D&D concepts such as descending Armor Class and Vancian casting. I will run everyone through character creation at the same time at the beginning of the session. I try to stay as close to the book with my rulings as possible, but the open nature of D&D means that there will always be the need for house rules. I have a huge list of house rules that I'll be using and some are available through handouts. If you don't read my handouts, and don't care to follow the house rules after I've explained them, you'll be booted from the game.

Voice chat will be held in Discord, and a microphone is a requirement to play. All rolls will be handled within FG chat, dice rolled at home will not be allowed.

Old school Dungeons & Dragons is very different from the modern game, and I hope to bring more players in to enjoy this unique experience

Maximum number of players: 3-5
Currently playing:

Big Pierre
June 27th, 2020, 18:01
Hi,

We spoke on discord - just touching base here that I'm interested and would like to join.

Thanks!

fafast
June 28th, 2020, 03:16
Welp, doesn't look like there's enough interest, so we won't be having this session

Plainsman94
June 30th, 2020, 20:29
If you get this going, ping me I'm interested.

dungeonfish
July 7th, 2020, 21:14
I'd like to play. Very familiar with 2nd edition, new to FG. Thanks!

Erdnussman
July 15th, 2020, 02:30
Hey Fafast, If you are still looking to put something together, I'd be happy to join.

lordspanq
July 17th, 2020, 19:47
I am interested as well, grew up on ADND 2nd ed, would love to play the system again.

johnnyq5150
July 22nd, 2020, 22:07
Hi. I'm interested as well. Weekdays work best for me.

Neku X3
July 29th, 2020, 20:19
i’m interested https://ddb.ac/characters/32887372/bcllHA i can get on whenever

Crouton Sling
August 7th, 2020, 01:52
Would like to join if this is still going