PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs Up: A 4h - 5e Session with Rob2E extension w/o dropps!!

Wizards Ghost
June 27th, 2020, 00:34
Lately i felt like a ranting old fart here in the forum, but now i think unity is on its way.
We managed to play A 4h session that featured no Problems in Palyer joining and no Player dropps at all.

So a big thumbs up for the FG Team.

(and i know that this will still not happen any session now - its still a beta.)

Sarteck
June 27th, 2020, 02:45
Awesome, man. You give me hope for our Saturday session.

StoryWeaver
June 27th, 2020, 04:50
For those of you still getting player drops, I'd like to suggest that you try using a direct IP connection instead.
Had a game this Thursday where I tried using the Lobby again to connect through. Worked for all but one of my players, but they kept getting disconnected when they tried to roll dice.
After restarting and running the server as a LAN server instead (which I usually do) all players connections remained solid for the remainder of the session.

That aside, FGU is getting better every week, you can really notice the effort the SmiteWorks team is putting into cleaning up issues and chipping away at the performance. :)

Sarteck
June 27th, 2020, 06:09
For those of you still getting player drops, I'd like to suggest that you try using a direct IP connection instead.

I plan on doing a LAN game for the first time here in about 13 hours. (My old modem apparently took a crap a while back and port-forwarding and several other features would stop working one or two hours after getting rebooted.) While I do hope that will solve some of the issues I've been getting with player drops, I think it's only part of the issue I've been having. We'll see!

Willot
June 27th, 2020, 06:11
I plan on doing a LAN game for the first time here in about 13 hours. (My old modem apparently took a crap a while back and port-forwarding and several other features would stop working one or two hours after getting rebooted.) While I do hope that will solve some of the issues I've been getting with player drops, I think it's only part of the issue I've been having. We'll see!

Yeah I had that a while back, turns out the modem/router has its heuristic security turned on by default. It kept disconnecting my session cause it suspected it was a flood attack (altho it was probably the voice chat rather than FG).

Sarteck
June 27th, 2020, 06:13
Yeah I had that a while back, turns out the modem/router has its heuristic security turned on by default. It kept disconnecting my session cause it suspected it was a flood attack (altho it was probably the vice chat rather than FG).

Was that with Cloud games? And did it stop happening when you switched to LAN, or did you just turn of the heuristic security and Cloud worked after that?

bmos
June 27th, 2020, 11:42
Very different than my last session, players kept having their clients freeze (which means the issue was me, most likely).
I had to roll 80% of the rolls in that session and just had them tell me what they wanted to do. Kind of a bummer because we all like rolling dice, but it was okay. Sometimes we have great conversations when it freezes up, too :)

LAN is noticeably better if you have the technical ability to do port forwarding and aren't being filtered by anything beyond your control.

greytiger10
June 27th, 2020, 22:30
I just finished a 4 hour session with no drops and things ran fairly smoothly compared to weeks past. Used the cloud.

Sarteck
June 28th, 2020, 02:57
We just finished a 4.5 hour session using LAN and had no player drops. However, there was some funkiness on my side that froze my FGU and I had to restart (I did not grab the logs, was busy apologizing to my players, hah).

Had several of the players note that the platform was a lot more stable and responsive, and we may not end up switching to FGC just yet. :D (Still going to prepare everything as much as possible.)

Wizards Ghost
June 28th, 2020, 15:59
and we may not end up switching to FGC just yet. :D (Still going to prepare everything as much as possible.)

Same here.
So, when you prepare for FGU + FGC, how do you handle the Maps? I create 2 Versions, one for FGC w/out LOS.

greytiger10
June 29th, 2020, 22:32
I had a good session last Saturday, no drops and it ran very smoothly, Didn't use LOS on all maps as one was quite large and didn't really require it. I don't have FGC so I've never made a non LOS map. I came over from D20Pro and this is light years ahead for stability and options.