PDA

View Full Version : NPC Merger Extension

pr6i6e6st
June 26th, 2020, 18:00
This extension allows you to drop a shortcut from one NPC onto another, and merge their information.

All text fields will be merged, so there may be some cleaning up for things like type, HD, AC text, and such the like.

all traits, actions, reactions, legendary actions, lair actions and spells will be added to the block.

Attribute Scores from the first NPC will be reduced by 10 before being added to the second NPC (example: if the first NPC has a Strength of 12 and your second NPC has a Strength of 16, your second NPC will end up with a Strength of 18)

in the example image below, you will see i've made a copy of the werewolf statblock, and dragged the knight statblock onto it. the result is the werewolf knight on the left. i left it uncleaned so you will see how you may need to clean up a bit for the first section.

I decided to make this extension after spending hours making Commoners of various races and wanting to apply them to the "Humanoid(any race)" NPC'
s like the Bandit, or Champion or Knight. It was a gruelling process to copy and paste everything. So I thought "THERE MUST BE A BETTER WAY!". So I delved into the code to see what I could find. There, within the npc_main.lua, I found my opening. a single "onDrop" function that could change everything. Eventually, with guidance from Moon Wizard, I cracked the code! Here I rushed to share my bounty. The Philosopher's stone! Take this, and fuse together enemies that will make your party shake in their boots. Give them half-dragon-half-krakens! Give them Lycanthrope-bugbears! give them cat-dogs!! The power is in your hands now. Let Chaos Reign!

pr6i6e6st
June 26th, 2020, 18:12
-should now work as an extension

Tyrannosaurus VeX
June 26th, 2020, 20:25
All text fields will be merged, so there may be some cleaning up for things like type, HD, AC text, and such the like.

all traits, actions, reactions, legendary actions, lair actions and spells will be added to the block.

If both have spellcasting features, does it stack them correctly and add the spells correctly, or do you have to edit the spells, remove all spells below, and then open/close the NPC to populate the spells?

pr6i6e6st
June 26th, 2020, 20:30
If both have spellcasting features, does it stack them correctly and add the spells correctly, or do you have to edit the spells, remove all spells below, and then open/close the NPC to populate the spells?

it appears to be unpredictable in which order things are added. for instance, multiattack doesn't always end up at the top, sometimes it's at the bottom. Spells of level 0 added might be at the bottom or mixed in. i'll look into fixing the order they are sorted but i always struggle with that when adding spells the normal way. some editing may be required for optimal navigation it seems