PDA

View Full Version : Extensions using custom dice from FGC not working in FGU

Carter77
June 26th, 2020, 09:05
Hello,

It appears that all the extensions based on CoreRPG or MoreCore using custom dices (Mutant Year Zero, Forbidden Lands....) are not working in FGU due to the coding of the cutom dices in FGU (and maybe the way of actionmanageroverrides.lua is working).

Please, could be possible to have a clear description about how the custom dices need to be implemented in FGU ?
I searched on the forum on several post without having a clear explanation.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Moon Wizard
June 27th, 2020, 09:59
Other than die and customdie name attributes required to be alphanumeric (i.e. no punctuation (such as periods, etc.), there should be no differences in the usage.

If that's still an issue, a simple extension just showing the issue would allow me to investigate quickly. If I just get pointed to existing large extensions, it will be some time until I can find time to dig in and understand the extension structures enough to investigate.

Regards,
JPG

Carter77
June 27th, 2020, 11:35
Hello Moon Wizard,

Thanks for your reply.
You will find here (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u0i8uLpHdRPfB3FxGgQCGaAoF30qiAGy/view?usp=sharing)an example of an extension using custom dices in MoreCore.
It works well in FGC (custom dices named correctly) but not in FGU.
If you find what is the issue, it will be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Moon Wizard
July 1st, 2020, 04:17
I opened the extension but there are no custom die assets defined. This means that I'm not sure what you are referring to as "custom dice".

I'll need someone to very clearly walk me through all steps to set up a brand new empty campaign so that I can see this "roll" in action. Assume I have no knowledge of MoreCore nor Gumshoe; because I don't (never used either one).

Thanks,
JPG

damned
July 1st, 2020, 06:12
Download MoreCore here:
https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37290&d=1593526600

Download L5R Extension here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36314&d=1590971696

Create new MoreCore campaign with MoreCore - Legend of the Five Rings extension

Create a new Character.
Give PC a name.
Put 5 in Air (RHS of sheet)
Click the Roll Icon next to Analyse Air (First Roll Under Scholar)
This will Roll normal Dice and substitute the results with L5R icons.

Moon Wizard
July 1st, 2020, 07:39
Just looked at this. As noted in the errors that pop up when you load this extension in FGU, the custom dice do not get set up, because they contain non-alphanumeric characters (specifically period). FGU doesn't allow non-alphanumeric dice names; because the dice engine supports math, decimals, set operations, dice modes, and more, and those characters interfere.

I'll make an example of this extension for any extension developers, but any other ones will need to be updated by the extension developer directly.

Here are the steps I followed:
* Remove custom dice from being loaded in FGU [Use version attribute on die ruleset tag] [Ex: version="<4"]
* Change dice message generation to specify new icon for FGU [{ type = v.type, result = v.result, icon = v.type .. "icon." .. v.result }]; instead of a new dice type like FGC [{ type = v.type .. "." .. v.result, result = v.result }]

Regards,
JPG

damned
July 1st, 2020, 07:53
Many thanks oh great one!