PDA

View Full Version : Steam Summer Sale?

Kyuss
June 25th, 2020, 23:47
So I see a bunch of the FG COC DLC is on sale on Steam right now. Are these on sale for the duration of the Summer sale or is this a one week deal via FG? Just wondering if I can wait a week and a half to purchase or do I need to make a decision now?

Coffers
June 26th, 2020, 09:38
I got an email from Fantasy Grounds they have a sale on now in the store in the email it states this: Sale ends on Steam on 7/9/2020 at 10:05am, Pacific which I presume is 9th July, not 7th September as we Europeans would read that. ;)

Magnimost
June 26th, 2020, 12:23
Yes, there is a summer sale on both FG and Steam. Conan ruleset is not on sale :(

Trenloe
June 26th, 2020, 13:32
It's usual practice that recent releases aren't on sale.

yippyjoe
June 26th, 2020, 17:03
It's usual practice that recent releases aren't on sale.

Which is unfortunate because I have six friends I convinced to buy FG Classic on Steam six months ago, but now my girlfriend has a Mac. I'd buy FGU Ultimate right now if it was $100 bucks or less. Alas!

LordEntrails
June 26th, 2020, 17:38
IMO it's unlikely a FGU Ultimate license will be $100 or less anytime in the future. I believe anything more than a 20% discount on FGU licenses is probably a thing of the past (i.e. during Kickstarter or open beta) and not something we will ever see again. The current 10% discount will go away once full release is announced, and I would be surprised if FGU licenses went on sale any time for the 6 months following. i.e. 10% off is probably the best we will see for the next 6+ months.

But, that's speculation on my part.

Kyuss
June 27th, 2020, 18:27
I got an email from Fantasy Grounds they have a sale on now in the store in the email it states this: Sale ends on Steam on 7/9/2020 at 10:05am, Pacific which I presume is 9th July, not 7th September as we Europeans would read that. ;)

Thank you sir!!

Reg
June 28th, 2020, 06:06
So the sale ends 9 July US time across ALL outlets - both Smiteworks Store and Steam?

LordEntrails
June 28th, 2020, 07:29
So the sale ends 9 July US time across ALL outlets - both Smiteworks Store and Steam?
Yes. Odds are the exact time will differ a bit because I think in general the FG store is EDT and Steam uses PDT. But, not positive.

damned
June 28th, 2020, 08:50
there is usually a couple of hours difference but otherwise the dates are the dates on both stores.

gmask1
June 28th, 2020, 13:50
Hi, I was looking at the WOTC map pack volume 1 - it's on sale in Steam but not here. Is that supposed to be the case, or is it a sync thing?

Zacchaeus
June 28th, 2020, 15:26
Hi, I was looking at the WOTC map pack volume 1 - it's on sale in Steam but not here. Is that supposed to be the case, or is it a sync thing?

Don't have an answer for you but will try and find out.

ddavison
June 28th, 2020, 17:47
Thanks for reporting this. I had an error on these when I set them up and there were 247 products that did not get the proper sale configured