PDA

View Full Version : Remove Rulesets

RodneyMohr
June 24th, 2020, 17:25
Is there a way to remove rulesets from my version of FGU? I play PF2 and that is it. I really don't want the updater to bother with other game systems that I don't use at all.

Thanks,

bmos
June 24th, 2020, 17:45
No, but this would be a great future improvement.
Much less load on their update server, too!

Sulimo
June 24th, 2020, 17:53
I kind of doubt that will be something that will be allowed (I am not Smiteworks or a dev), mainly because of ruleset layering.

For example, most rulesets are layered on CoreRPG. I think there may even be other layering going on with other rulesets. So removing a lower layer ruleset would break the ones layered on top it it.

Imagix
June 24th, 2020, 18:21
This is an easy problem to solve, the rulesets just have to express dependencies. (And probably already does).

See also: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=116107

YAKO SOMEDAKY
June 24th, 2020, 20:17
It would be interesting if I could buy the content and actually choose what I want to use, and not have to get all the "books" in my library to use just one, another thing that I think would be interesting is that the "themes" are used only in his ruleset..example I don’t want the background of the monster manual in a core rpg or whatever in a pathfinder.

bmos
June 24th, 2020, 20:41
I don’t want the background of the monster manual in a core rpg or whatever in a pathfinder.That would be a super easy thing to do, too.
The 5e theme is only in 5e and the Pathfinder themes are only in Pathfinder. Having all these new backgrounds cluttering up the extensions list is kind of a bummer.

Moon Wizard
June 24th, 2020, 20:44
DLC don't explicitly currently express dependencies; and the files are not understood or parsed by the patch system (which would also introduce more touch points). Adding dependency data to 1700 products in the patch system as well as changing the updater to correctly provide a UI to accurately express depdency information and allow selections is non-trivial. Also, it is frankly a fairly low priority compared to other stuff we have going on.

Regards,
JPG

RodneyMohr
June 24th, 2020, 23:25
While I understand at this point in the process it is non-trivial, what possible need do I have to download FATE, or check if there are updates to it? I am struggling that core features of the platform are embedded in version 2E - 5E of D&D product files. Isn't it just metadata about the game? I understand CORERPG but after that I don't understand how the data could be structured like this.

damned
June 25th, 2020, 00:17
Use the wishlist to vote on it: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=116107
At the moment its not on SWs list of priorities.

RodneyMohr
June 25th, 2020, 02:06
perfect! thanks for mentioning that.