PDA

View Full Version : [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/chars

cube1us
June 24th, 2020, 03:31
Am a n00b GM and new to FGU. Skilled technically - 36 years in IT. Haven't played D&D in 40+ years. Demo mode for now (trying to decide on product)

I had created a character generally following this guy, and it worked fine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsDJrKPQ_lU&list=PL4ihyL-PTq4MF0uZWKKCBwWC4p5FtSKln&index=2

When I was done, there was a duplicate / piece of garbage Rogue Hobbit which I deleted normally.

Then went to import character, and selected "Sarah Conner". Failed with this message:

[<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/charselect_import_entry.lu..."]:23: activate: Invalid parameter 1

Left me with a bad copy of the character (no portrait), but the log says "Pregenerated Character added to campaign"

Exited Game, restarted. Tried again. Same result. Tried with another character, same result.

Version 4.0.0

Logs available.

Is this a known issue, something that isn't allowed in demo mode (if so an odd way to tell the user), or ought I email support just to let them know?

Thanks in advance for repliles.

JRJ

Moon Wizard
June 24th, 2020, 23:25
There are a couple different ways of importing; and I know at least one of them not completely working correctly. It is definitely allowed in the demo.

Can you walk me through the exact steps when you got the error? Was it a XML file import; or import from another campaign?

Thanks,
JPG

cube1us
June 25th, 2020, 02:38
None of the above - neither an XML file (at least not directly) and certainly not from another campaign.
Steps:
Open FGU, Load Campaign (Happen to be set at 80% sizing, though I doubt that matters), Start
Library contains: D&D 5E SRD Bestiary, Magic Items; Basic Rules - DM, -Players; FG Battle Maps
PC's button
Click up arrow (import)
3 characters show up (presumably from library). Click on "+", observe error message.

cube1us
June 25th, 2020, 03:50
Here is another twist -- that I posted elsewhere, but will copy here since it also pertains to this issue.

I had something odd happen with the updater. I first downloaded and installed a couple of days ago. Running in DEMO mode. There was an original campaign there, and then I created one.

Tonight I ran the updater to make sure that THIS issue isn't fixed. Then I ran it a couple of times again -- past experiences suggest to me that sometimes these things layer, and I expected that if one ran the updater and there was nothing to do, it would say that. It does not appear to do so, however -- I got the feeling that the updater would have kept doing the same thing over and over again. ;)

But here's the kicker. After I had run the updater maybe 3 times, i went back in. The campaign I created was still there, but the one that had been there originally upon installation, called "5E Sample Campaign" had vanished -- however its folder is still there under the campaigns folder. It just isn't listed any more.

Also this affects the issue I had reported in another thread, where importing a character generated an error message. Now, when I open the PCs, and click the up arrow (import), there are no characters listed. (The character I had created on my own still exists.) So I can no longer reproduce the issue, because those other 3 characters are simply no longer there.

cube1us
June 26th, 2020, 02:44
As an FYI on this thread, tonight I applied the latest update (2020-06-25), which seemed to work a little better. The 5E Sample Campaign was still gone - this was NOT a surprise. ;) So, having made a copy of my entire data folder a couple of days ago, I renamed the broken 5E Sample Campaign (the update had indeed deleted several files, including db.xml), and copied my saved copy over. The 5E Sample Campaign then reappared. I then reapplied the update. For a while it seemed to stall on "SWKARTPACK1" or something similar to that name, but it did eventually complete.

The error indentified in this thread DOES still occur same as before. And with that copy, I can confirm that the characters I tried to copy are indeed characters in the 5E Sample Campaign.