PDA

View Full Version : Token size for small characters

DragonsDen13
June 24th, 2020, 00:22
Is it standard for tokens, for characters of small size, to be dropped on the map at the same size as medium sized characters?

I have tried adjusting the "size" on the CT to be something like 2.5 (instead of the default 5) but the token still seems to be placed on the map at the same size as the medium characters. And yet, if I change it to 10 then it sizes it appropriately. Does FG just not recognize anything smaller than 5?

Thanks.

Griogre
June 24th, 2020, 00:24
For 5E, yes. They still occupy one square and have the same reach. The only difference is they can enter large creature's squares.

DragonsDen13
June 24th, 2020, 01:07
Thanks Griogre. That is a shame, in my opinion, as I like my halfling to look smaller than the medium sized characters. I guess it is just a quirk of mine. And it is tedious to always have to resize my token when the DM puts us on a new map.

GavinRuneblade
June 24th, 2020, 03:53
Thanks Griogre. That is a shame, in my opinion, as I like my halfling to look smaller than the medium sized characters. I guess it is just a quirk of mine. And it is tedious to always have to resize my token when the DM puts us on a new map.

Resize your token by having more transparent space around the image. Then it will resize based on the image size, not the visible image size. So if your token is 100x100 and you're using 85x85 visible but still 100x100 total, you will look noticeably smaller.

Alternatively, point your mouse, hold control or shift (I always forget but it's one of the two) and scroll your mousewheel. You'll shrink.

Griogre
June 24th, 2020, 08:11
You can also turn Token (GM) -> "Auto-scale to grid" to off and resize your tokens smaller but I like GavinRuneblade's idea better. Personally I play with size off but it only works because I have all my monster tokens scaled to the right sizes vs. the PC tokens size I use - its very fiddly if you have to keep changing token sizes. Honestly, as I switch over to higher rez tokens for FGU, going to quit doing it this way.