PDA

View Full Version : [Savage Worlds Adventure Edition] Anyone interested in a Wednesday game?

Daedalus
June 23rd, 2020, 01:18
OLD Post. Please delete

Frostrazor1334
June 23rd, 2020, 04:50
ME ME ME PICK ME OVER HERE RIGHT HERE RIGHT HERE!!!!

I'm in Pacific TimeZone. I can start as early as 5PM. 530 or 6 would be ideal. I strongly prefer sci-fi or modern at this point; Deadlands is very good too. Something non-fantasy preferable. Mostly because I feel other systems (5E for instance) are better equipped for fantasy RPGs, and I've spent 35 yrs playing fantasy so I like a chance to do something else.

About me:
Been RPGing since early 1980s I started with original basic D&D and played through all such editions (except 4th). I played Pathfinder a lot until I honestly got burnt out on high power rules bloat games and just wanted something easier to navigate.

I found Savage Worlds about 10 years ago and really like it. SWADE improved it. That and WOIN I feel are the best systems out there to allow a multitude of options.

I'm fairly open to the type of character to play - I can pull off most. But I generally gravitate towards a spokeperson role in a group. This is not always a conscious choice, but because I have a way of thinking outside the box and prefer games and characters that use their skills and clever application to navigate games than just fighting through every encounter. In fact combat, power gaming, power creep level increases are not important to me at all.

A good story and believable NPCs in which I can interact with and feel like I'm part of the world is so much more rewarding. In short I like aesthetic storytelling rewards and seeing my character advance within a plot and story than just numeric statistic improvement.

Discord is best for audio - though I can use Teamspeak. I have a Ultimate FG license so no worries there.

Squdgy
June 23rd, 2020, 05:38
I would absolutely be interested in this! I haven't played savage worlds outside of the deadlands setting. I'm based in the Pacific timezone.

I'm just looking for a fun consistent game. I prefer story or balanced games to combat heavy. But I'm down for whatever. I have FGU ultimate license

I would love to be involved in this.

Daedalus
June 23rd, 2020, 15:28
Hi Frost and Squdy, thank you for interest. If you could please come to my Discord server: https://discord.gg/R8BkVyq and go to the swade game general channel we can discuss what setting we are going to do.

Thanks again for you interest. I have a (Possible) total of 4 players and have room for one more so if anyone else is interested please let me know

Daedalus
June 24th, 2020, 17:48
I have 3 players, still looking for two more. If you are interested please let me know

Daedalus
June 25th, 2020, 15:56
Ok looks like we have a full game. If you are interested I can put you on the waiting list in case there are any drop outs

bladerunner0427
June 29th, 2020, 00:35
Hi,
Please add me on the waitlist.
Thank you. I'm available 5:30pm Wednesdays.

Daedalus
June 29th, 2020, 16:53
Ok will do, thanks

Daedalus
July 7th, 2020, 00:48
Hi,
Please add me on the waitlist.
Thank you. I'm available 5:30pm Wednesdays.

Hey Bladerunner, I am sending you a PM, we have space for you in the game. Thanks

Daedalus
July 17th, 2020, 17:10
Have an opening come up. We are doing IZ 3.0 for Savage Worlds Adventure Edition. If you are interested please let me know

umanami
July 17th, 2020, 20:47
Sounds interesting. I have played dnd forever and Pathfinder for a while.
Is this fantasy related or futuristic?
If it is later in the evening on Wednesdays PST I would be interested to hear more.
Thanks for your time!

Frostrazor1334
July 17th, 2020, 20:56
Sounds interesting. I have played dnd forever and Pathfinder for a while.
Is this fantasy related or futuristic?
If it is later in the evening on Wednesdays PST I would be interested to hear more.
Thanks for your time!

Hey there umanami. I am involved in the game he's putting together.

IZ 3.0 is jargon for Interface Zero which is a cyberpunk setting, set in 2095 setting released for Savage Worlds rules-set. 3.0 just wrapped up a few months ago on Kickstarter and the player guide PDF is already available. It's not much different from 2.0 just fwd about 4 years and updated to the Savage World Adventure Edition rules that came out 2 years ago. (previous IZ was for the Savage Worlds Deluxe edition released in 2011).

If you do a search for interface zero 3.0 you'll find the Kickstarter page, or you can look for it on DriveThru RPG.

If you're in to Cyberpunk genre, IZ is one of the best designed and written RPGs in that genre.

As for time - I think he was shooting for 1730/1800 start (Pacific). But I'm not sure he wrote that in stone.

umanami
July 17th, 2020, 21:02
Hey there umanami. I am involved in the game he's putting together.

IZ 3.0 is jargon for Interface Zero which is a cyberpunk setting, set in 2095 setting released for Savage Worlds rules-set. 3.0 just wrapped up a few months ago on Kickstarter and the player guide PDF is already available. It's not much different from 2.0 just fwd about 4 years and updated to the Savage World Adventure Edition rules that came out 2 years ago. (previous IZ was for the Savage Worlds Deluxe edition released in 2011).

If you do a search for interface zero 3.0 you'll find the Kickstarter page, or you can look for it on DriveThru RPG.

If you're in to Cyberpunk genre, IZ is one of the best designed and written RPGs in that genre.

As for time - I think he was shooting for 1730/1800 start (Pacific). But I'm not sure he wrote that in stone.

Thanks for the reply. Never done that system, but probably better than 5e lol. I work until 6pm pst and after, have dinner with my family so would be about 90min to 2 hours too early. Sorry :-( If for some reason the time gets moved later, keep me in mind. Again, I appreciate your response.

Frostrazor1334
July 18th, 2020, 07:54
Thanks for the reply. Never done that system, but probably better than 5e lol. I work until 6pm pst and after, have dinner with my family so would be about 90min to 2 hours too early. Sorry :-( If for some reason the time gets moved later, keep me in mind. Again, I appreciate your response.

I don't know if "better" is the right word. Every system has its shortcomings. No rules/game is perfect for everyone. Mostly it just comes down to what each person wants out of the game experience so it's personal preference and style - like art or culinary creations.

I personally like Savage Worlds a lot - it's not as rule-centric or crunchy as D&D is - but for many that crunchy heavy rules and combat is what attracts D&D and Pathfinder even moreso.

Either way - it's a completely different game experience to D&D. Some prefer it. Some dont.

kenangonewild
July 19th, 2020, 02:01
Do you still have that spot open? I played a bit of IZ 2.0 with SWD, but I have yet to try out the new version and SWADE. If not, I don't mind being put on the wait list. :)

Frostrazor1334
July 19th, 2020, 02:35
Do you still have that spot open? I played a bit of IZ 2.0 with SWD, but I have yet to try out the new version and SWADE. If not, I don't mind being put on the wait list. :)

to my knowledge, GM is looking to add another - I just sent him a message on our Discord to check this thread again for ya.

Daedalus
July 19th, 2020, 14:59

Hi Yes, I am still looking for a player. The game is at 7 pm on Wednesdays. We will be using the new IZ 3.0 which can be purchased via .pdf at Drive Thru RPG. 3.0 is updated to work with the new SWADE (Savage Worlds Adventure Edition) rules.

kenangonewild
July 21st, 2020, 14:37
I sent you a PM with my Discord information. :)

Daedalus
July 24th, 2020, 02:02
I sent you a PM with my Discord information. :)

Got it Thanks

cover me!
July 26th, 2020, 23:09
Hey, are you still looking for a player? I'm +2 GMT

gamemasterscreen
April 21st, 2023, 22:51
I'm interested. I've been a gm and a player for SW. I'm in Chicago and have availability evenings and weekends.

Drasnal
April 25th, 2023, 16:21
I am definitely interested if there are any openings. Been GMing SWADE for a year or so now, would love the chance to play if any spots open up. I'm free pretty much any day during the week after 3pm est and Saturday. I run my game Sunday.