PDA

View Full Version : Having issues with FGU updates where I have to create new shortcut

Lomis Lightfoot
June 22nd, 2020, 20:44
Every time I update FGU I have to go to the game folder and make a new shortcut to the .exe or it does not work. Is anyone else having this issue? I am starting to get really annoyed with this because it seems like I am doing this every other time I log on. Every other program I use seems to be able to update the new shortcut without having to go digging through file folders.

LordEntrails
June 22nd, 2020, 20:50
MOD: moved to FGU forum.

Do you also have FGC installed? Does FGC have a desktop shortcut called "Fantasy Grounds"?

Zacchaeus
June 22nd, 2020, 21:26
Once you create the shortcut right click on it and select pin to taskbar and then you can launch it from the taskbar in future. Sounds like you may have some kind of permissions issue maybe. I'm not sure.

Lomis Lightfoot
June 23rd, 2020, 18:42
MOD: moved to FGU forum.

Do you also have FGC installed? Does FGC have a desktop shortcut called "Fantasy Grounds"?

No I do not have FGC installed just I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 and I have only installed FGU. I have had this issue every time it updates I create a new short cut which works until I update the program again.