PDA

View Full Version : Font colour in character sheets

Miridarna
June 22nd, 2020, 18:03
So, I found a TON of old posts talking about how to adjust XML files to fix font colour issues....but all seem to be outdated, as the files referenced, or the lines referenced in files no longer exist in FG.
We are using the 5E Wizards theme, and love all of it....except the font on the character sheet. You cannot read 90% (or more) of it, as the font is nearly the same colour as the sheet, and the odd shadowing effect throws off one player with a visual condition.
How/where can I find the string for the font colour and/or style for the current version of the character sheet in this theme to adjust and ensure this isn't an issue for my group?
Thanks in advance!

(P.S. We tried the "big fonts" extension, it was not helpful in this instance.)

EDIT: Followed the steps here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56575-Theme-Extension-Font-Color-Modification) for where to edit in the graphics_font.XML - fonts are still the pale, unreadable.

gamerhawaii
June 23rd, 2020, 04:59
So you might have another extension changing the color as the 5E Wizards theme should leave the titles as red. But in any case, you can make your own extension to overwrite by:

1) Create a directory in your "extensions" directory (e.g., "Char Sheet Title Font Color")
2) In that directory, create a file named "extension.xml" with the contents the same or similar to this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<root version="3.0" release="4">
<properties>
<name>Char Sheet Font Color</name>
<version>1.0</version>
<author></author>
<description>Char Sheet Font Color</description>
<ruleset>
<name>5E</name>
</ruleset>
<loadorder>0</loadorder>
</properties>

<base>
<font name="subwindowsmalltitle">
<fgffile name="graphics/fonts/bold-10.fgf" />
<ttf file="graphics/fonts/Noto_Sans/NotoSans-Bold.ttf" name="Noto Sans Bold" size="12" />
<color value="0000FF" />
</font>
</base>
</root>

So that (color value="0000FF") will change the title font to solid blue. Change it to the color you want. Also, there can be a shadow color. I removed it, but you can add it back by adding a line before "</font>" like this (but set to the size and color you want):

<shadow offset="1,1" color="000000" />

There are also two other fonts you may need to override as well depending on what you want by adding additional fonts in the file. They are "subwindowsmalltitle_disabled" and "subwindowtitle"

An important thing is the "<loadorder>0</loadorder>". Without that, the 5E Wizards extension will still override yours by default. A number higher than 0 might be better. If you want, you can experiment to see how high you can set it before the 5E Wizards theme loads after yours and overrides your extension.