PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to create an effect/action to roll a skill check vs target DC

frostfiretulsa
June 22nd, 2020, 15:23
HI Guys,

Is it possible to add a action on my actions tab that will roll a Acrobatics check against my targets CMD as a DC that will show success/fail in the combat log?

Thanks much,

bmos
June 22nd, 2020, 22:22
Not without an extension, unfortunately.
Not aware of any that do that, although it would be pretty cool!

Kelrugem
June 22nd, 2020, 22:32
Not without an extension, unfortunately.
Not aware of any that do that, although it would be pretty cool!

Actually, I am working on it, see here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50297-(New-IF-operator)-New-and-much-better-version-of-Save-versus-tags&p=456077&viewfull=1#post456077 and the teaser image :)

But the process is staggering at the moment because I defend my thesis soon (TM) and I need to search for a new job and flat then etc. :) But it looks to be a straightforward coding, just a "copy&paste" of the existing save DC thing but with skills instead :)

Svandal
June 23rd, 2020, 07:46
Until kelrugem finishes his thesis you can set up a cmb attack in either weapon or spell and have this cmb = acrobatics.

LordEntrails
June 24th, 2020, 00:11
But the process is staggering at the moment because I defend my thesis soon (TM) and I need to search for a new job and flat then etc. :)
Perhaps we can help? Put out a call for volunteers from the kobolds and kender among us? The kobolds can help you defend your thesis, and the kender can help you relocate all your stuff...

I'm also sure we can find an ogre to give you a job referral.

Kelrugem
June 24th, 2020, 01:12
Perhaps we can help? Put out a call for volunteers from the kobolds and kender among us? The kobolds can help you defend your thesis, and the kender can help you relocate all your stuff...

I'm also sure we can find an ogre to give you a job referral.

hehe, sure, sounds like a solid plan :D