PDA

View Full Version : How to post an extension on Dungeon Masters Guild

SilentRuin
June 22nd, 2020, 04:51
I can't seem to find anything specific about how to put an extension - one .ext file - up on Dungeons Masters Guild site.

It's almost like I have to go through the process and do it to actually see if it's correct - which is not the warm fuzzy I'm looking for.

After looking at the page you enter your "title" in DMsG - I have the following questions.

- Do you need to use your real name in the author entry or can you use your FG forum handle?

- I assume the "Drag & Drop your images here or click to open file explorer" is where I would put my one .ext file? Unclear if that is the case.

- What should go on the cover image for and extension? Does it need license info? The FG logo? The DMsG logo?

- I looked at the category assignments and I don't see FG extension anywhere - even though after checking the FG content via DMs Guild radio button. Core Rules? Supplemental rules? It's a 5e/CoreRPG extension to the character sheet actions - I don't know where that fits in the categories.

I'm assuming there is no "next page" with more things after you submit the first page of stuff.

Anyway, if anyone can give me tips that would be great.

LordEntrails
June 22nd, 2020, 17:33
By posting on the DMsG, you are entering into a legal business relationship. Real name or regular psuedonym that can be traced to you would be prudent. I think most everyone uses a real name.

Yes, that's where you put your ext file.

The cover image is what will show up on the product page and in the listings. You will want to make some sort of graphic. If you look at Rob Twohy's products, you can see he has a standard image that is recognizable as his for coding packages etc. I suggest you make your own image with your extension name in it. You can use the FG and DMsG logo's, but I don't think you are required too (I haven't posted there in awhile so the rules might have changed).

The cover image doesn't need license info, but I would include a license in a text file as one of the files you attach. The DMsG FAQ or similar has workding that you will need to include about WotC content etc, but not sure how that applies to 'software'.

Category, hard one. I would probably list it as a supplement. Also make sure you set the format to "Virtual Table Top". Format is required so people know its for FG.

SilentRuin
June 22nd, 2020, 19:57
Thanks! Will likely post it after a beating from my campaign group tonight. Pay what you want for sure. Maybe I'll get a McDonald's breakfast meal for my efforts? That's the goal. Though I suppose I'll have to give the hash brown to DMsG and the Unsweet tea to FG. The biscuit WILL BE MINE!!!!

SilentRuin
June 22nd, 2020, 23:16
Yes, that's where you put your ext file.

It refuses to download it. I tried with the drag and drop - and opening in file explorer. Both times it told me files of that type were not allowed to upload.

Nor would it accept a zip file.

LordEntrails
June 23rd, 2020, 01:31
Sorry, I don't know. Their is a support email you can reach out to, also a Facebook Group run by OBS.

Perhaps someone else here will know more.

SilentRuin
June 23rd, 2020, 04:05
-removed as was not a solution.

SilentRuin
June 23rd, 2020, 05:42
Figured it out. There is a second stage - and that is where you enter your file(s) for delivery. That first page is just for what is displayed to everyone, not anything to do with the actual deliverable files. That comes after you fill out that first page. Then you can unload/load files to your title.