PDA

View Full Version : PC creation in FG Unity

JimTrav57
June 22nd, 2020, 00:10
I am having a problem with creating a specialized character in FGU (EX. Gloom Stalker, Sorceror w/ Haunted One background).

I have both CoS & XGtE and have them open. When I try and drag the Gloom Stalker icon onto the PC sheet under the Class & Level area, nothing happens.

I got around the Haunted One background by copy/ paste but I cannot seem to be able to even type Gloom Stalker onto the PC sheet.

Any help or is this a FG Unity hiccup at the moment?

Thanks.

Zacchaeus
June 22nd, 2020, 00:21
Gloom stalker is an archetype which you choose when your character gets to 3rd level. So drag in sorcerer three times into the class and then choose doom stalker from the list which pops up.

The haunted one background is in the Curse if Strahd players module, so make sure you have that module open and you can then drag it into your sheet.

JimTrav57
June 22nd, 2020, 00:27
Gloom stalker is an archetype which you choose when your character gets to 3rd level. So drag in sorcerer three times into the class and then choose doom stalker from the list which pops up.

The haunted one background is in the Curse if Strahd players module, so make sure you have that module open and you can then drag it into your sheet.

I had Curse of Strahd open, it would not drag and drop as it should have. I did get around it by cut & paste but it was a pain.

I just read under the Ranger tab about the LvL 3 ability. Thanks.

Is there a glitch in FGU? I am trying to drag and drop the Ranger icon onto the PC sheet and I am getting nothing. Am I not grabbing the correct icon (IE: the icon located directly left of Ranger)?

I have half way figured it out. I am trying to drag and drop from the module and not the classes tab on the right side.

GavinRuneblade
June 22nd, 2020, 05:16
See 37081. Drag and drop like it shows.

Make sure you have the ranger from Xanathar's and not from the PHB or you might not get the option to choose gloomstalker at level 3.

Zacchaeus
June 22nd, 2020, 12:45
I had Curse of Strahd open, it would not drag and drop as it should have. I did get around it by cut & paste but it was a pain. .

There are TWO modules for Curse of Strahd; one of them is a players module. You need to have the PLAYERS module open in order to drag and drop the background.