PDA

View Full Version : Arbitrary 'owner' for characters

Sigurd
April 23rd, 2007, 12:43
As Dm if I try and erase the owner of a new character I get a script error saying the prog expected a value and received a null instead.

It seems impossible to complete the char creation process as a dm by assigning a portrait to the char.

Also is it possible to have an arbitrary owner or category associated with characters such as "Bandit" or "Waterdeep".

Sigurd.

I'd includea a screenshot but you don't allow attachments.

Goblin-King
April 23rd, 2007, 12:58
As Dm if I try and erase the owner of a new character I get a script error saying the prog expected a value and received a null instead.
Can you give the entire error message, along with possible file name and line number? If this occurred the last time you ran the program, the console contents should be in a file called console.log in the data folder.

It seems impossible to complete the char creation process as a dm by assigning a portrait to the char.
We had to stop somewhere to release the bugger :). In other words, noted as a feature request.

Also is it possible to have an arbitrary owner or category associated with characters such as "Bandit" or "Waterdeep".
The owner field indicates the user name used by the client who has control of the character, and is not as such proper for this use. Out of the box, the NPC list tabs would be the things most suited for this use.

Sigurd
April 23rd, 2007, 17:01
Seems to have stopped happening right as I started to capture it :)

Another request while I think of it. Could you place the 'owner' on the top page of the character sheet somewhere. It would help for screenshots.

Sigurd

So is there a way to select a graphic portrait for an NPC?

Necron99
April 23rd, 2007, 17:28
Sidgurd's error in the console...

Script Error: [string "charactersheetlistentry"]:1 bad argument #1 to 'removeHolder' (string expected, got nil)

On my work computer. I been bad :)

Sigurd
April 23rd, 2007, 17:32
Wow, I have my own error :)

Almost don't want you to squash it now :), Almost.

Sigurd

joshuha
April 23rd, 2007, 17:36
Adding the owner field to the character sheet would be very easy to do. You just need a stringcontrol with an onInit that populates it with the owner field from the database. I can see if I can wrangle up the code later, the only problem is finding a place to put it :)

Sigurd
April 23rd, 2007, 20:31
I also think it would be nice to have the char portrait on the sheet too.

But I've said that elsewhere.

joshuha
April 23rd, 2007, 20:33
Thats also possible I think.