PDA

View Full Version : PNG Images?

Sigurd
April 23rd, 2007, 12:33
If I try to load png files from the image directory of my campaign I only get brown boxes. I can see the JPGS.

Is this a bug or are png's no longer supported?

Sigurd

Goblin-King
April 23rd, 2007, 12:43
PNGs are supported, in fact everything in the d20 interface is PNGs. Is it possible to download one of the broken PNG files somewhere for testing?

Sigurd
April 23rd, 2007, 16:53
Thanks for supporting PNGs.

The problem I'm having (that was fine on the old version) is for an image folder with windows sub folders.

Apparently it presents a list of all the files but cannot retrieve them. If I rename all the subdirectories "Z<directory>" I can read the graphic files in the base directory. If I call the directories "A<directory>" I cannot retrieve any of the files.

It is something to do with how the retriever is walking the directory structure - perhaps how its treating the directory name.

Sigurd

idgie
April 23rd, 2007, 19:13
I have been having the same problems as Sigurd. For me the problem is with specific pictures, both PNG and JPG. I don't believe that it is a problem with the images, but as Sigurd mentioned with the reading of the image folder. My problem was with certain JPG files; however, I was finally able to get the pictures to display properly.

My first recommendation is to make a back up copy of the image folder and then delete the pictures in folder and then copy them back in. This fixed most of my problems. Another thing that worked some of the time is to edit the picture in some minor way and this allowed some of the pictures to display properly. This fixed the majority of my problems. However, some of the pictures displayed in zoom mode, even though they were small enough to display normally. I then edited the picture changing the size by 1% was enough and then saving the original JPG as a PNG fixed all of my problems after relaunching FG2. Some of the more stuborn pictures took me about 4 or 5 edits to get them to display correctly.

Solution:
1) Relaunch FG2
2) Reload the pictures, making sure you are in the correct folder
3) Modify or change the type of image file (JPG to PNG or vise versa)
4) Relaunch FG2
5) Try the above several times

Bodatoda
April 24th, 2007, 00:03
I got mine to work. I had to remove all the images from the folders (cut/paste folders to desktop) and dump them all into the images directory in my campaign folder. They were then veiwable in the images & maps window. After that I created new tabs and dragged the images into the proper tab.

So basically, if your images were separated into subdirectories under your "images" folder in your FG1 campaign, you need to eliminate those subdirectories after importing the campaign into FG2. I completely removed all images and their folders from my FG2 capaign, started FG2, closed it, cut and pasted all images into the root of "images", started FG2 and they were there. Hope this helps.

Goblin-King
April 24th, 2007, 07:18
Subfolders should work, but sounds like they aren't. I will look into this.

idgie
April 27th, 2007, 17:51
I continue to have problems with images displaying improper zooms. The brown pages have gone away, but the problems with images displaying properly remains. What I mean by this is that FG2 is displaying pictures at random zooms regardless of the actual size of the picture. When I edit a picture, this will sometimes fix, but more times than not the error remains. I have even changed the file type from JPG to PNG and back again with no positive effect. In the game, the zoom function will not work on these pictures.

One example is a 80 by 76 pixel, 96 dpi image that FG2 magnifies x500 so that only a small fraction of the image is visable.

This problem occurs each time FG2 updates itself. Some pictures are consistently displayed improperly, while other ones are new each time. I have to keep reloading and backing up the picture files until finally I get them to display correctly, and then I have to redo the entire process each time FG2 updates itself.