PDA

View Full Version : Weapon attack roll bonuses (noob)

jimweaver
June 21st, 2020, 06:55
Heya,

Just trying out FGU with PF2 for the first time solo to get the feel for how well it works. Not experienced with FG at all. I was able to create a character, and get him in an encounter, so yay. But when I make an attack roll for the PC, it is not adding his proficiency bonus. Just his ability bonus. On the character sheet on the abilities tab, it has a text blob in bottom left that does state he is trained in martial weapons, which is what he is attacking with. I'm attacking by using the "combat" tab, the "melee" item, which shows a dice image I can drag to chat or on an enemy on the map. The modifier listed on that tab for his melee attack is +2. It doesn't say what weapon he is using there. The weapon is marked as "equipped" in the inventory.

I'm highly suspicious that I'm missing some way of locking in the weapon he is currently using on the combat tab, and that's why the proficiency bonus isn't happening. I also was trying to get the weapon on the combat tracker, so I can trigger an attack from there instead of the character sheet like you can for the NPCs / monsters - but couldn't figure that either.

I'm 100% sure this is me missing something obvious, and I'll watch some videos of PF2 on FG tomorrow, but in the meantime, if anyone can spare a dime (or the advice equivalent)....

kaernunnos
June 21st, 2020, 08:09
On the actions tab, click the magnifying glass on the right side of the weapon. This will open the details of the attack and damage calculation. There is a box for proficiency, click it until the right level is shown (- = Untrained, T = Trained, E = Expert, M = Master, L = Legendary). Currently FG does not automate weapon proficiency, only armor.
Only NPCs can trigger attacks from the CT, PCs just have way too many options to list, so each player rolls of their character sheet. The actions tab is where attacks are rolled from, the combat tab isn't intended for use in combat, more so a place to list combat related DCs, so the name is a little misleading.

jimweaver
June 21st, 2020, 17:11
Thanks! I knew the weapon proficiencies had to be editable in there somewhere! Ah, I didn't realize the actions tab was the primary place for attacking from - I'll try that. Some things to figure out, but for the most part it is pretty intuitive.