PDA

View Full Version : LFP 2-4 more players for a Ghosts of Saltmarsh 6-10pm Tuesdays

Deaconray
June 20th, 2020, 07:59
FG License: FG Classic, GM has Ultimate license, so demo id fine
Game System: 5E
Time Zone: GM in Pacific, most players in central
Day of week and time: Tuesdays 6pm-10pm central
If new game, planned start date: Planning on 6/30 but can start next tuesday if everyone's ready
Planned Duration & Frequency: weekly, 3-4 hour sessions (longer if everyone wants longer)
Term: Linked 1 shots that can grow to a campaign if desired. No commitment beyond letting us know ahead of time if you won't be attending.
Text or Voice: Voice required. Video optional but encouraged (I find it eliminates a lot of the "Are you there or just thinking?" moments)
Voice software used:Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? Naw.

Roleplay & Combat mix: mixed. RP encouraged but mix will be player driven.
Number of Players in game & needed: Have 2 players, need 2-4 more
Character starting level & equipment: 2nd level, standard equipment, starting equipment or max starting gold
Character restrictions: No Eberron, UA, or unapproved homebrew. I'm flexible but hesitant to mess with game balance.

Details of your scenario: Starting some fun in the saltmarsh. Low commitment but open to longer campaign. DM and a couple of players who met in one game and are looking for more. Be respectful, have fun.

Frostrazor1334
June 20th, 2020, 08:37
ME ME ME PICK ME OVER HERE OVER HERE RIGHT HERE PICK ME!

So hopefully I have your attention :-)

Live in Pacific timezone.
Been playing D&D specifically since 1982 (thats right - started w/ the OD&D w/ the boxed sets and played all editions except 4th). I recently completed one campaign as a player in 5e (Ravenloft till level 14), and one as a DM for levels 1-6 in a homebrew Vikings setting.
Played dozens and dozens of other games - in fact nearly all of my gaming now is something other than D&D
Usually I DM/GM but I would love an opportunity to give up some control and allow myself to go for a nice ride.
I'm a savvy clever player but don't rules debate. I do not power game and making a perfect character build is not at all my style.
I love a good story - interesting, engaging NPCs that feel real with motivations and a group of PCs to interact with is really what i love.
Honestly advancing my characters power is not that important - but advancing his/her story and feeling a connection to the world - how the setting and story is affected and changes dynamically is far more rewarding to me.

I have a Ultimate (non-Unity) license.
I have Discord - never used video on it - I used to have a webcam but it went belly up and haven't replaced it - i can borrow my wife's but I can't at this time confirm its compatibility with my computer.
The time is perfect for me - i could play from 6 until well.....2AM I guess. But midnight is very reasonable.

If you all saw me over here waving my hand in the air and pick me, I'll need to read up on this saltmarsh you mentioned. I'm not very familiar with published settings for D&D 5e.

Frostrazor1334
June 20th, 2020, 08:56
AWW CRUD. I don't know how I overlooked this detail. I saw DM was in Pacific Timezone and failed to notice the game time listed was NOT Pacific.
Starting at 4 my time would be dodgy for me. i work from home which is in my favor, but I don't get off till 5 - I COULD start as early as 4 half the time, but its just as likely I would not be able to based on my workload at the time. I would usually be available by 430
I don't want to mislead anyone. I cannot commit to 4PM/6 central - half the time is all. 5 I can commit. 430 75% of the time.

Sorry for jumping the gun there.

Brian71
June 20th, 2020, 19:25
I was wanting to play a Yuan-Ti Pureblood would you be okay with that?

I'm very interested.

Archmage Ymarej
June 20th, 2020, 19:49
Howdy,

I'm definitely interested. Timezone and day works great for me, I'm east coast but 7-11 would be great. Willing to play just about anything to fill a gap in the party.

I've got a little experience with FG, oneshots and FG college classes, too many years experience with tabletop, video games etc.

Aeseiri
June 21st, 2020, 00:19
I am new to DnD and FG, but I have a Merc Veteran character planned 1-20 (17 Battlemaster/3Hexblade - Hand crossbow - Pact of the Chain). Half-drow, but non-edgy I promise. I could shoot you a screenshot of the notes or the character file so you could see if I would fit.

wolfkataro
June 21st, 2020, 06:03
Hello,
I would be very interested in giving a attempt to play in a campaign one shot or full campaign. I work quite a bit so would do my best to attend but am definitely all about communication, if by chance I wouldn't be able to make it or run late. I am a night owl and time works really well for my current schedule also in central time zone, I am in the process of trying to run a campaign in saltmarsh with some co workers but have very little DM experience(see how it goes), and am trying to get used to FG, I've participated in a few sessions as a player and really enjoy the experience. don't got much else to do with my days and would be super excited for the opportunity. would probably play a wizard as is my preference but totally willing to play what party needs. I have discord however I do not have a web cam. can start whenever everyone is able. however next Tuesday is my birthday so may start on 6/30 if that be okay, got no plans but got a couple days lol, but let me know if you still need a player :)

abmeyers1
June 21st, 2020, 16:31
Hi!
I'd love to join this game! I've been eyeing buying myself the Saltmarsh book, but have held off for the time being.
I've been playing various tabletop games for years now. I've been running a number of semi-related one-shots for friends online over the past month, and I'd relish the chance to join as a player for once :)
Happy to make a character that fits the vibe, party need.
I'm in Eastern time for now, moving to a new state in Central time in July. Unemployed and with an open schedule on Tuesdays currently :)
This is my first time using Fantasy Grounds, so please let me know if there's more info I can provide!

Ralph Von Puke
June 21st, 2020, 18:30
Reno, nv player here. Nothing set for Tuesdays and fine with start time of 4pm local time. thinking fighter, mage, or cleric

fishernutz
June 23rd, 2020, 17:44
I am happy to join up! Need the discord server link to join and maybe a quick e-mail or 2 to let me know how much time I have to 'roll' a character.

Solidfoot
June 23rd, 2020, 22:34
If you do have openings, I would love to fill one. I am new to Fantasy Grounds and to 5e, but have experience in other systems.

I'd be willing to try any roles you need, or provide my own character idea.
I would also be willing to join for a trial as an NPC or sub, if you're in need of that.