PDA

View Full Version : Warlock Accursed Specter coding

Tindjin
June 20th, 2020, 05:08
My warlock just reached 6th level and received Accursed Specter.
I created another PC to be my A.S. that the DM could just put into game when one is created.
I created a Power that applied the various Resists and Immunities without any problems.
The issue I am having is the A.S.'s Claw attack.

Description:
Life Drain. Melee Spell Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 10 (3d6) necrotic damage. The target must succeed on a DC 10 Constitution saving throw or its hit point maximum is reduced by an amount equal to the damage taken. This reduction lasts until the creature finishes a long rest. The target dies if this effect reduces its hit point maximum to 0.

Creating the 3d6 necrotic damage for the primary attach isn't a problem.

The issue I am having is the DC 10 Con Saving throw and it's effect that if the target fails it has the same damage applied to reduce its max hit points.

Anyone figured out how to do this, if it is even possible?
DM said if the coding can't be done to reduce max hp of the same as original roll then I could do either the "average" of 10 hp extra damage or reroll the 3d6 and just add that as additional damage to mimic the effect.

I guess second question is what does it look like for adding an effect to force a DC10 Con save and if target fails then apply the damage.
Thanks.

Zacchaeus
June 20th, 2020, 09:49
Hi Tindjin, welcome to FG.

You will get some benefit from this extension https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58607-5E-Constitutional-Amendments

Or you can SHIFT-drag the damage from the chat window and drop it onto the target (this will heal the target).

This series of videos walks through the effects system and will answer a lot of your questions. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41478-Effects-Videos-for-5E

Tindjin
June 21st, 2020, 01:57
Hi Tindjin, welcome to FG.

You will get some benefit from this extension https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58607-5E-Constitutional-Amendments

Thanks! Just from starting to read it sounds like I should be able to use this to do what I want. Follow up question, is this something I load onto my session or does the DM have to load it on theirs?

Bonkon
June 21st, 2020, 02:14
Good Day Tindjin :)
All extensions need to be loaded by the DM. They would have to download it, place it in their extensions folder, then when they go to Load Game select it from the list prior to hitting Start. :)

Tindjin
June 21st, 2020, 02:31
Awesome, thanks. He said he would if I walk him through it and I already fix his tech issues so easy peasy..

Tindjin
June 26th, 2020, 03:23
Trying to get the class resistances setup and not sure where my syntax is bad.

Race Setup; RESIST: acid, cold, fire, lightning, thunder, bludgeoning, piercing, slashing; IMMUNE: necrotic, poison

Any hints would be appreaciated.

Griogre
June 26th, 2020, 07:43
Why don't you start with a real Specter's syntax?

RESIST: acid, cold, fire, lightning, thunder; RESIST: bludgeoning, piercing, slashing, !magic; IMMUNE: necrotic, poison; IMMUNE: charmed, grappled, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned, prone, restrained, unconscious