PDA

View Full Version : Linking PC to Combat Tracker

FlatNineSharpFive
April 23rd, 2007, 10:41
It's possible to assign a token to each NPC, then drag that NPC into the Combat Tracker. Then you can drag the Combat Tracker for that that NPC onto the map and the token is dropped on the map.

How can I link a token to the Character Sheet? Drag that info to the Combat Tracker, etc?

Also, it seems as though the portrait feature is a little buggy.

Goblin-King
April 23rd, 2007, 11:10
The character sheet automatically uses a character portrait token when you drag from the portrait to the combat tracker.

Can you elaborate on the portrait issue?

FlatNineSharpFive
April 23rd, 2007, 17:16
The character sheet automatically uses a character portrait token when you drag from the portrait to the combat tracker.
I really prefer to use top-down tokens, like those from Four Ugly Monsters for my player characters. It's a matter of aesthetics, but aesthetics is one of the

Can you elaborate on the portrait issue?

For the "Create and Modify" local characters, there is no portrait visable, and no way to see which portrait you've chosen after you drag it to the character selector.

This is very unintuitive and seems a little thrown together.

Sigurd
April 23rd, 2007, 17:21
It would be nice if the portrait was incorporated into the top character sheet. Every player wants to be able to see 'their' smiling face on the cover. Selecting it from the top sheet might allow the DM to asign portraits without logging in to his own machine as a client.

You have 9 display lines for languages below the d20 logo. Why not put the character face above the d20 logo and reduce the visible languages to 4. Everyone will understand they will scroll.

Then you need a mod with related portrait pngs ranging from 'Healthy' to "Dead" tied to their Hp health. Fum and the portrait makers would love that. :)

S

Dachannien
April 23rd, 2007, 19:54
My campaign uses the same faces for both portraits and tokens, but our PC tokens have extra coloration to help make them stand out from NPC tokens. It would be good to be able to specify a different token image separate from the character portrait.

Casamordius
April 23rd, 2007, 20:12
I think that most of the people use some kind of token different to the portrait image. I love the linking of character sheet, combat tracker and token..!! :-)
but without the possibility to link a token to a player character this becomes useless for players.. (but .. of course it's still quite cool for npcs.. especially if you have a lot of similar looking tokens.

I think the other portrait features are less important. A portrait related to HP is quite cool but... I think this is very special feature. Other rulesets may need complicated calculations.
I would rather prefer to show moods than a "hurt-level" .. smiling, angry, serious or sad portraits .. selected just by setting the mood.. just like the smiley we are all used to. THIS would be real cool.... but also: not important at all..

Griogre
April 23rd, 2007, 23:04
Try this. Drag and drop the Player token from the top left onto the combat tracker. This will give you a portrait style token. Then drag and drop a top down token on to the combat tracker to change the token to top down..

Goblin-King
April 24th, 2007, 06:16
Griogre has it right. You can replace the token on the tracker.

Maybe a good place for the portrait on the sheet would be next to the appearance text field, making it a bit more narrow.

longarms
April 24th, 2007, 15:16
Wait - do the players even see the combat trackers? If so, how do you show it to them?

kimba
April 24th, 2007, 19:00
maybe not the place - but here goes anyway - how do we get more protraits? Myplayers don't like the ones there.

Ged
April 24th, 2007, 19:19
maybe not the place - but here goes anyway - how do we get more protraits? Myplayers don't like the ones there.
How can they not like the ones?!? ;) Players can locally drop any images to their portraits folder (In Windows XP, e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Application Data\Fantasy Grounds II\portraits, even during a session, and then select them normally. It's best to have square-shaped images so that the proportions of the portraits remain correct.

Griogre
April 24th, 2007, 20:46
Wait - do the players even see the combat trackers? If so, how do you show it to them?
Players don't see the combat tracker, but you can now use it to control certain things about the player tokens like size.