PDA

View Full Version : SWD (may be or also SWADE setting...) -> <fumble> and question on Ammo

Varsuuk
June 20th, 2020, 03:54
On pregens, I was trying to setup weapons and ran across 2 issues, first, I've seen examples of weapons I dragged over having "0" for <fumble> value and have seen some entries with 1 in them.

I could not find this in SWD PDF (I checked SWADE too - only saw "fumbles" used in a sentence.)

What does this stand for? What are the possible values?

==================================

Secondly, the weapon's ammo's tag has a "max" and a "used", I'd expect used to be 0 or not supplied if have no ammo used. When look in the FG GUI, it is "blank" if 0 or no value supplied (makes sense)

When I looked only at the UI before reading the xml tags, seeing [12]/12 meant to me - have 12 shots left from total of 12 max
BUT the [12] value is entered as "<used>12</used>" so that confuses me - is the tag misnamed (perhaps legacy) or is it the intent to start at 0 and increase it each time you fire?

Lonewolf
June 20th, 2020, 07:57
I think that is so you can use the innocent bystanders rule. So a 1 on the shooting die means you hit another target. Including a friendly one.
In the case of other values. In the cases of shotguns firing buckshot and ROF 2 +. The fumble would would be 2.
It could also be trigged by Dumb Luck setting rule.

In order to display a fumble result. FG would need the value on the fighting die that produces this result.

Varsuuk
June 20th, 2020, 08:10
I created a character, "Guy Items" (Gee Eetem, cos' he's a fake French character or sumptin') and transferred every item from the SWD book to him, then /save and loaded to help serve as a template to populate the <pregen> <weaponlist>s

I now "get it" if you mean it is a generic term for the "innocent bystander" but a couple things:
-I noticed EVERY weapon has 1 for fumble value. This includes chainsaws (ouch), various types of mines, switchblades, and brass knuckles
-The Innocent Bystander rule increases the chance on full auto (understandable, cannot automate) and shotguns to 1-2 on shooting dice. Shotguns are at 1 as is every other item.

If this is JUST for SWADE and the value of 1 was just autopopulated on the SWD items, no big, I can leave as is. But if it is used in SWD, I want to make sure I set it properly.

Must be a NIGHTMARE to adjust a weaponlist item since these are not <link>s even when it is a standard ruleset item.Gotta go through every module using the item to adjust it.

--- Any tip on Ammo? Since the drag and drop populates it as X/X where X==X ;), I decided that even though the xml tag is "used", it really means "avail"...