PDA

View Full Version : Just got a new updater - and now I can't see any but two of my projects

SilentRuin
June 20th, 2020, 00:52
I was doing lots of testing in a sample project which is now gone. Why? This is fantasy grounds unity - was working on extensions in it and now I get two projects showing when I load campaigns - the sample one I test with is gone. When I say "gone" I mean no longer in list of load campaigns - its still in the folder with the other campaigns.

[this was some tutorial thing I got with original FGU when I first got it. Pretty much was internally wiped out - including my map changes and such. Thank goodness for backups or this would have been a huge waste of time to create another test project for extensions.]

Moon Wizard
June 20th, 2020, 05:24
The FGU data folder shouldn't change or delete anything unless you uninstall/reinstall; or change the FGU data folder in Settings.

If you switch between channels in the FG Settings, they are installed in slightly different locations. So, check which channel you are on in the Advanced Settings tab. Live is the default channel; and points to the main FGU data folder.

Regards,
JPG

SilentRuin
June 20th, 2020, 12:33
I can only report what I saw happen. Was coming up and down doing extension work (some errors in onInit) when the check upgrades turned red. Ran it - claimed updater was updating then rebooted itself and finished loading the updates. When it was done the load campaign was missing my first project which was the test project. Looking in Smiteworks campaign folder the project was still there but appeared sub directories were empty. Replacing that folder with my backup of it and all was back to normal.

That does not seem to be what you described as a possible cause.

Anyway I’m good but thought you should know about it.