PDA

View Full Version : [Shaintar] Spell/Power Armor

Cirfain
June 19th, 2020, 23:50
Hello !

I look for a description of the Armor Spell/Power in Shaintar.
Where can I find it ?

It does not exist in FGU Spell list (SWADE or Shaintar)
It does not exist in PDF version (SWADE or Shaintar)

But you can find it in the Shaintar PG - reference manual - MAGIC - SPELLS, in the table "Power usable by magique style" at the fourth line, in FGU or PDF version.

I think this spell should exists, because you can find spell that protect from magic (Arcane shield) but nothing against physical threats (except Barrier but it's a wall).

Thank for helping.
Regards

Cirfain
June 20th, 2020, 14:41
I can answer myself to this question after buying the last verion of PDF Savage World ruleset.

Armor : see Protection.

That means, if you dont have the SWADE PDF you cannot know, this notice is not in the Shaintar manual (FGU or PDF) and not in the FGU SWADE PG and this power did not even exist in old SW ruleset.

Ikael
June 20th, 2020, 23:07
Shaintar was not originally created for SWADE. In SWD there is power called "Armor" that the setting was referring to. The same power was renamed to "Protection" in SWADE.

The best FG way for the issue would be to have link into the power record within Shaintar module.

Cirfain
June 21st, 2020, 11:24
Hi Ikael,

Thanks for the answer, I have changed my mind, as GM i may choose what spell is in my campaign or not.
Lot of spell are missing in Shaintar table of spell by style, so i decide to include them if they are not mentionned in shaintar PG Reference manual.

Regards