PDA

View Full Version : Death Indicator Ex v4.5 extension for 5e Fantasy Grounds Unity

Pages : [1] 2

SilentRuin
June 19th, 2020, 05:29
Death Indicator Ex v4.5 extension for 5e Fantasy Grounds Unity (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/8/view) (in the Forge now)

4.28 - Bug - Client never really respected the display handling of important NPC sheet data as it should - was always displayed. Now it will only be displayed when important NPC is checked and react to changes on host or client.

4.29 - FGU changes - Removed a lot of redundant functionality (players token tag/reset NPC token menu item) and changed <deathmanger> to store only CT tokens now. Backup all your campaigns or db.xml's at minimum. Any current death indicators (tombstones) currently displayed in CT created from before this update will need to be manually updated to their original token if they are brought back to life (just bring up sheet and drag its token back onto the CT). RECOMMENDED you remove <deathmanger> and all its content (or leave settings content if you wish or just redo the DI options again as you like them - I only use defaults) from db.xml of campaign purely to clean up old no longer used stuff - though you don't have to do this.

4.30 - Bug - linkfield template override needed to completely override that template in order to display. The character sheet class window would fail to show links (even though they were clickable). Fixed.

4.31 - Bug - code this had copied from FGU went out of date and caused an error on critical saves. Updated the code copy and fixed.

4.32 - Update - I got annoyed that I could not drop any old token into my death indicator. Also that I could not have the orientation preserved and operated on. Fixed. Basically, if you have the death indicator module that comes with delivery - or have dropped a token into the assets Death preset window (button at bottom of assets) - then if you use one of those tokens or automatically let it pick it will place at 0 orientation and freeze it in place like always. But, if you drop just any old token into the death indicator token field (PC or important NPC) it will know this is not one of the module or preset ones and preserve the orientation when it replaces the death indicator token and allow you to flip it around and if you bring back the old token (make it not dead in CT wounds) then it will be at the orientation the death indicator was last at. It will also not be part of the preset/module automatically chosen death indicators. This allows me to create a burning star wars land speeder as my death indicator and preserve the orientation it was at when it blew up. Or whatever uses you might come up with.

4.33 - Bug - For years the blood splats have scaled incorrectly on certain maps. Fixed.

4.34 - Update - when dying FGU does not always update the vehicle (Incapacitated) or PC/NPC (unconscious and prone) when it should (wounds in CT field changing to live or dying/dead status). This will now properly insure those are added and removed. Prone does not get removed.

4.35 - Bug - Effects for death (see V4.34) were not being applied correctly causing duplicates. Fixed. Also added a new option "Insure Death Effects Applied" defaulted to "on" so that having death indicators insure FGU sets all the death stuff correctly can be turned off if desired. Also, insure that NPC death token if defined is shown even if not important NPC.

4.36 - Update - implemented node and childList changes to code that SW wanted.

4.37 - Bug - fixed length of "Important NPC" text so it worked in all theme font sizes. Fixed.

4.38 - FGU Update - had to change some sheet positions as asset and charsheet changed in FGU update.

4.39 - Update - new option "On Death make CT visible" defaulted to off. If on will insure CT entry is visible on death. I have games where when a mine explodes which is invisible I want the resulting crater death indicator to be visible. I can't really see any case I would not want this except for rare permanent invisibility things for which I can turn this option off.

4.40 - Bug - Fixed 0 HP CT entries (used for non destructible tokens with effects) so that it would not mess up active turn indicator in CT.

4.41 - Feature - double click on host CT will now do what this extension does for client - selecting the token as it centers in map so vision is applied automatically. This will clear all current selections as in client.

4.42 - Feature - functionality that centers a token in map on host CT or client CT (though client can have timing issues and leave CT on top) will now have the window brought to the front of other windows. It has always annoyed me that if a token on map is behind the CT window area I can never see it when I double click on the CT token.

Warning on this interface in case anyone else suffers from this - likely not or I'd have heard of it before but I'm mentioning it anyway - in this thread issue I had:
Ye be warned. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?61046-Conflicts-in-getValue-and-setValue)

I have contacted, via PM, and obtained permission from the original author celestian (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?54726-celestian) and the modification author Valerian Stormbreaker (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?179487-Valerian-Stormbreaker) to make this modified version based on this old classic version Death Indicator Ext (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?49997-5E-Map-Indicator-for-Death-(Extended-Version)). EllivasKram (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?179368-EllivasKram) has also had a hand in the coding by modifying it for use with MadNoMad's "Character Sheet Tweaks v1.2" update.

The Extension:

This extension is a "use at your own risk" modification solely tested in 5e Fantasy Grounds Unity.

- - Removed COMBAT_DEATH_IMMUNE and all its logic completely.

- Icons for blood (dying) and tombstones (dead) already existed. I added one for stable. It's a band-aid icon that will appear when the stable effect occurs on a dying player which makes the death saving throws no longer necessary. Band-aid icon will only update when turn executes death save.

- Made the combat tracker skip any PC/NPC that is 0 hit points or unconscious. It will automatically make the saving throws for the dying (blood spatter) character (or special NPC) until they are stable (bandaid) or dead (tombstone).

- Removed all but tokens button from utility_tokenbag.lua because they were not supported in FGU.

- Made minor FGU compatibility changes.

- Made numerous changes so that all operations in combat tracker keep the unconscious (dying/stable/dead) states automatically updated no matter what is manually done. We kept having the usual mistakes in damage etc. that needed correcting - I wanted the death indicator stuff to instantly respect when this happened.

- Made some console messages that specifically point out when a token in combat tracker is erring because the module was unloaded (likely). Yeah, that really happened to me.

- Rewrote <deathmanager> so it goes by CT tokens only when storing tokens to restore from a death indictor (tombstone). Stripped out a lot of redundant code and functionality that never worked.

The description and documents for this extension can be found in the original classic version of Death Indicator Ext (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?49997-5E-Map-Indicator-for-Death-(Extended-Version)). Having said that, I'm a lazy DM. I only modified the parts that impacted me. Basically I want to have blood spatter appear when PC is dying (or specially configured NPCs), a bandaid appear when they are stable, and a tombstone to appear when they are dead. All tied to the most minuscule change in combat tracker sheets instantly. This means I just see it happen along with the players without having to weed through the list of combat tracker effects, or whip out my microscopic lens and figure out what tiny icon is in the character icon, or mousing over them for the tool-tip to tell me. I see it at a glance of the map. So if you are dead lazy and have poor eyesight like me - this extension is for you.

Only tested in Fantasy Grounds Unity for D&D 5e (which requires CoreRPG) ruleset.

This is an "as is" sharing of code with the possibility (not the promise) that I will update it as I modify it for my own uses, or because FGU breaks me down the line sometime.

As this was the first extension I've ever modified, first time I've programmed in LUA, first time done anything in Fantasy Grounds (in this case only Unity)...

Use at your own risk, no guarantees they work with other extensions :)

Extensions = RISK: This note is added to all the extensions I maintain. I want users to understand that extensions are code that is added to or overrides portions of code in the Fantasy Grounds Unity (FGU) application. When the underlying code in FGU changes it can break an extension. When you run with other extensions they can conflict by trying to overwrite the same parts of the FGU code. I will keep my extensions working with FGU changes, and the extensions I use (listed in my FGU signature) as I have direct control over those things. I cannot make the same promise with other extensions. If I am notified of an incompatibility I will attempt to resolve it - but if I cannot I will list what the known extension incompatibilities are. Understand before you get any extensions that it comes with RISK. Not just my extensions - any extension. These extensions are also maintained by me for me. I provide them outside of my own games purely to those who wish to take advantages of things I use for myself.

vaughnlannister
June 19th, 2020, 12:29
Good job :)! Will test compatibilities ect and let you know about any conflicts I find.

SilentRuin
June 24th, 2020, 16:28
Good job :)! Will test compatibilities ect and let you know about any conflicts I find.

Did it ever work?

vaughnlannister
June 27th, 2020, 15:07
Hey man loving this extension :)!, I finally got to try it out and it works great! I am running quite a few extensions and haven't found any conflicts with any of them.

Although it wasn't interfering with the extension working, I couldn't find the death.indicator.module when looking in Library-->modules, even though I placed in the module folder.

Fantastic can't wait to try this out during next week play!!!

vaughnlannister
June 27th, 2020, 15:29
Hey found that the tomb stones module got automatically loaded into my assets.

SilentRuin
June 27th, 2020, 19:42
Hey found that the tomb stones module got automatically loaded into my assets.

Thanks for checking that out!

Got another extension I just posted if you feel in a testing adventurous mood :)

eriktedesco
June 27th, 2020, 21:24
Is this extension compatibile with 5e Enhancer?

vaughnlannister
June 28th, 2020, 08:19
I tested it with the 5e sub-enhancer extensions. I only disabled the 5e-enhancer wound sub-enhancer extension and it was working for me.

GlennCauthon
June 29th, 2020, 21:31
Looking great so far! Thanks for the useful extension!

SilentRuin
June 29th, 2020, 22:37
Looking great so far! Thanks for the useful extension!

Thank the original authors I mention in the first post - I just tweaked it to what I wanted it to do.

Jan van Leyden
July 1st, 2020, 17:23
I've installed this extension and mod in order to be able to share oportraits and tokens with my players in FGU. Now, I can drag&drop tokens to the secondary window opened by the Player button in the Assets window, but not any portrait. The log file shows this comments when the extension is loaded:

[7/1/2020 5:47:50 PM] s'DeathIndicatorManager.replaceToken: Invalid token string parameter'
[7/1/2020 5:47:50 PM] s'DeathIndicatorManager.replaceToken: Invalid token string parameter'
[7/1/2020 5:47:50 PM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Middle.
[7/1/2020 5:47:50 PM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Right.

SilentRuin
July 1st, 2020, 19:51
I've installed this extension and mod in order to be able to share oportraits and tokens with my players in FGU. Now, I can drag&drop tokens to the secondary window opened by the Player button in the Assets window, but not any portrait. The log file shows this comments when the extension is loaded:

[7/1/2020 5:47:50 PM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Middle.
[7/1/2020 5:47:50 PM] [WARNING] Frame hotkeytitlebox contains out-of-range values in Right.

Share portraits and tokens with players? Its only intent is to allow you to drag a token (from assets bag or special tombstone inventory page in assets) into the space provided in the upper right of the character/NPC sheet. Nothing else to my knowledge is designed to work with those. I'm not sure what the issue is if that is what you are doing. If you are dragging it anywhere else - then yeah - not designed to work that way to my knowledge.

These tokens are only for the slot they were designed for as far as I know. The whole "replace token" text is a red flag to me that you are doing something you should not be doing.

But to be honest - not sure - I've never seen it before. I guess the question is - are you ONLY dragging those tokens out of the death indicator place into the tombstone space provided on the sheets?

vaughnlannister
July 19th, 2020, 18:55
Hi, I am getting a weird bug with the death indicator recently.

I noticed tokens changing after adding encounters to the combat tracker.
At first the tokens will appear the as the right ones, however after a few clicks on the CT-Tracker they will then change to random tokens that are from the token folder.

But when I load it in a new campaign, with only Death Indicator on the problem does not occur. So it looks like it may be interfering with another extension. I will report back when I find out more.

Version v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-07-16), ruleset 5e

BaneTBC
July 19th, 2020, 20:31
Can confirm I also was seeing the same behavior Friday night, although I had not had time to delve into it yet. I kept having mobs change to standard goblins, despite being bugbears, wolves, drow, et al. Made my players keep giggling but was also confusing for them when they’d go to target and ask where the wolf went.

vaughnlannister
July 19th, 2020, 21:35
Hi I found the culprit, the Death Indicator Extensions and 5E - Matjan's Status Indicator, interfere with each other to create the token swapping bug.

Deactivating either of the two removed this bug. Could you maybe have a look? I will also post this with Matjam.

Thanks!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59594-5E-Matjam-s-Status-Indicators&highlight=Status+Indicator

SilentRuin
July 20th, 2020, 02:06
Hi I found the culprit, the Death Indicator Extensions and 5E - Matjan's Status Indicator, interfere with each other to create the token swapping bug.

Deactivating either of the two removed this bug. Could you maybe have a look? I will also post this with Matjam.

Thanks!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59594-5E-Matjam-s-Status-Indicators&highlight=Status+Indicator

I only ever use the extensions in my signature (plus the one I'm working on at the moment).

As you recall on the first page there is this sentence:

This extension is a "use at your own risk" modification solely tested in 5e Fantasy Grounds Unity.

I did not write the low level overridden token code in Death Indicator that you are having trouble with. That is the original code by the original authors. I simply got permission to change it for my own uses and post here for anyone who wanted to use it.

Now, having said all that, if you have a modification to it you want to replace mine - I'll be happy to pop it out here and replace mine if it works for me also.

I try to take care in the extensions I write (this one is not mine - just modified a few bits) to make the code as independent of the core code as I possibly can - or where I can't - that it does not touch anything that would be commonly changed or that would possibly impact another extension. But as I get into extension programming, I can tell you this is impossible at times. If you need to do something that overwrites some core piece for your own needs - and then someone else overwrites that same piece - the extensions will be incompatible. Short of getting the two extension programmers to get together and make them compatible by rewriting both to take into account the logic for both extensions - well.. easier said than done. Also, then of course that 3rd extension comes along and blows them both out of the water with its overwritten logic.

Simple fact is, you should try and leave as little an impact on core ruleset code as you possibly can. Sometimes thats impossible though and you end up having extensions that can't be used together or have to have the coders somehow do something "together".

In this case, the coders of the token logic in this extension are not even supporting it any longer.

But as I said - if you make a fix - that does not impact the users of this other extension (or the ones I use) then I'll be happy to replace the version here. Or you can do what I did and link this thread to a new thread where you provide the updated version.

Now, if it was one of my extensions with the problem I'd know what the code was completely and probably be able to take a look and do something. But this extension? Specifically the low level token logic where they literally do their own toying around in the combat tracker? That I've not really looked at or understand without doing a deep dive in the code.

And I'm already deep dived in my own new extension that still has another week or two of programming to do in it.

Not saying I won't help get a resolution if you tell me what to do - but I don't have the time to work on this modified work of someone else's (Death Indicator) with another extension of someone else's (status indicator) in order to make them both try and take into account the other's logic. Might be simple - where one can change and take care of both - might be not simple where both actually have to change and take into account both trains of logic in each one of them.

Sorry for the long explanation - but I would have to understand all the parts of this extension that I did not need to change and then read up on the other guys extension to figure out some kind of mutual workaround.

Maybe in a few months I'll be free enough to do that - but right now - hip deep in my own extensions and code that I understand.

Does not mean I'm not willing to help if you "spell out what needs to be done" in Death indicator. I'm just not willing to figure out what all these guys were doing in their extensions (the two original authors of Death indicator - me making a third) and however many authors are involved in status indicator.

[Also extension have an "order" in the extension.xml which can govern which one gets loaded first - you might be able to fix it that way if they are both "very cleanly coded" in their join's an doverwritten sections - but I really don't know that in either case. My guess is that neither are worried about other extensions sharing the same section of core code based on what your seeing.]

vaughnlannister
July 20th, 2020, 13:58
Hi, I don't expect you to drop everything your doing and jump on fixing a conflict between your extension and Matjam's. I have been using yours and Matjam's together before without any problems, so the recent problems that have arisen are likely due to updating code of FGU. I appreciate you will try and solve this issue in the future, I fully understand that it must be a lot of work since you are not the original author of this extension. I look forward to your next extension the first two you launched are nice additions to FGs and my group uses both your extensions.

I have also posted to Matjam's so he might have a look too.

SilentRuin
July 20th, 2020, 16:04
Hi, I don't expect you to drop everything your doing and jump on fixing a conflict between your extension and Matjam's. I have been using yours and Matjam's together before without any problems, so the recent problems that have arisen are likely due to updating code of FGU. I appreciate you will try and solve this issue in the future, I fully understand that it must be a lot of work since you are not the original author of this extension. I look forward to your next extension the first two you launched are nice additions to FGs and my group uses both your extensions.

I have also posted to Matjam's so he might have a look too.

When you state it as FGU issue - was it something like this (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59638-Token-issue-in-FGU)?

That was actually fixed in FGU for me on a later release - it stopped happening.

Is yours this type of issue?

It stopped happening for me shortly after my last post there. Not sure if that was just "luck" or something was fixed.

I think was with me having NPC's and other things in my own groups - and that this may have fixed that issue...

"Module lookup name incorrectly used for group display in campaign lists. Fixed." on July 7th.

If its the same as mine then the simple test is not to have any of the NPCs in combat tracker a part of a special group.

But really, have no idea what the issue was or why it stopped happening for me.

vaughnlannister
July 21st, 2020, 11:58
Hey, I don't understand how, but the issue was fixed with the last Corerpg update :)!

vaughnlannister
July 21st, 2020, 12:56
Oh lol.. now they change after rolling initiative... but I have a feeling this might fix itself in the future..

SilentRuin
July 21st, 2020, 14:54
Oh lol.. now they change after rolling initiative... but I have a feeling this might fix itself in the future..

Well I did notice that Death Indictator overwrites the complete applyDamage() function to add something I would never use (immune to death). That's a fairly substantial piece of code to overwrite for one minor feature nobody will probably use. If at some point that is a point of isssue - removing it outright would be simple enough. I for one will never use what it does in there.

SilentRuin
July 22nd, 2020, 21:46

I would see if you can find some pattern or something. Again, I had this issue when I used a separate group for my NPC's per that link I had in my last post. It seemed to be fixed for me after the group bug was fixed. Have not seen switching Tokens since then.

For sure it was a mismatch in token lookups when I had my things stashed in a group I made that was different from the normal "All, uncatorgorized, etc." with the DM manual groups and such.

vaughnlannister
July 22nd, 2020, 22:42
Thanks, I didn't have the time to look into it further, but will post back if I find a pattern to the conflicting extensions.

vaughnlannister
July 27th, 2020, 16:10
Hey don't worry about that bug, I posted earlier the problem has completely disappeared :).
Don't know how, but since it was a FGU update that caused it perhaps a FGU update has fixed it?

mlbrown
July 28th, 2020, 21:12
There is a conflict between this extenstion and Kent McCullough's Automatic Death Resistance. This issue seems to occur when COMBAT_USE_DEATH_SAVES is off, because of setting Failed Death Saves to 3 in function isCombatantDead.

Commenting the three calls to setDeathSaveFail which set the value explicitly to 3 seems to fix the conflict and I cannot see any adverse effects from the change.

Is there any chance you could make this change in your official release?

SilentRuin
July 28th, 2020, 21:38
There is a conflict between this extenstion and Kent McCullough's Automatic Death Resistance. This issue seems to occur when COMBAT_USE_DEATH_SAVES is off, because of setting Failed Death Saves to 3 in function isCombatantDead.

Commenting the three calls to setDeathSaveFail which set the value explicitly to 3 seems to fix the conflict and I cannot see any adverse effects from the change.

Is there any chance you could make this change in your official release?

This is just a modification of others work I added stuff in I wanted. However, if you post the changed code here in a reply - I'll pull it down and if it works with the extensions I use and how we play with it then I'll be happy to update the page 1 of this post.

Or just the name of the file and a code snippet which I'll insert and try out.

{I specifically ask because I can't see any reference to setDeathSaveFail in this code. }

mlbrown
July 29th, 2020, 15:49
The change is in the function isCombatantDead. I had to change the extenstion from .lua to .txt to get the script to upload.

SilentRuin
July 29th, 2020, 16:36
The change is in the function isCombatantDead. I had to change the extenstion from .lua to .txt to get the script to upload.

Not sure why notepad++ fails to find searches sometimes which are obviously there - but I see it now doing diff on your file.

Tested as player (as testing as host is usually not going to find anything significant) and it all seems unaffected by the removal of those calls in PC's and NPC's. Updated Page 1 with new .ext - V 4.6 - comment in page 1 added also.

Good job - thanks. Can't promise I can fix all incompatibilities in extensions I'm involved with - but when I can I will.

[and please test it and let me know it works in here]

SilentRuin
August 3rd, 2020, 05:07
Hey don't worry about that bug, I posted earlier the problem has completely disappeared :).
Don't know how, but since it was a FGU update that caused it perhaps a FGU update has fixed it?

I have a new extension I've been working on for way to long - but just now got to a point where I could do a number of things and ....

Death indictators for absolute sure screws up tokens in some sort of timing thing when involved with NPC tokens and the NPC entries being deleted (usually outright deleted or replaced). If you do a bunch of them at once it 100% of the time screws up one or two of the tokens.

Also occasionally has code errors pop up where it tries to do something with a nil without checking for it.

At some point I'll try to narrow it down - but as I did not write this code I'm not making any promises it will be anytime soon. But rest assured - what you've seen on random token issues is PURELY this extension doing something badly involving deleting NPC tokens.

SilentRuin
August 3rd, 2020, 05:42
Put Debug.Console checks everywhere this stuff replaces a CT token (a lot of places) and now it doesn't happen. Definitely timing issue.

This is wrong... will figure it out tomorrow.

[8/2/2020 11:39:10 PM] { s'sType' = s'npc', s'sCreatureNode' = s'combattracker.list.id-00003', s'sCTNode' = s'combattracker.list.id-00003', s'sName' = s'Rat 12' }
[8/2/2020 11:39:10 PM] s'manager_npc_token:onHostAddNPC; update CT token'
[8/2/2020 11:39:10 PM] s'tokens/abominableyeti.png@DD MM Monster Manual'

That is one of the many overwritten rulesets they have in there (not the real thing). Likely something has changed since they wrote it.

vaughnlannister
August 3rd, 2020, 07:03
Cool thanks for tracking it down :)!

SilentRuin
August 3rd, 2020, 14:55
Cool thanks for tracking it down :)!

Ok - deathindicator does it's own thing to refresh the tokens whenever addNPC is called. And it is 100% dependent on the npc.sourcelink and combattracker.*.sourcelink (if present) being 100% accurate. I've made up an NPC in combat tracker and added it as an categorized NPC - purerly through FGU. And then I've run my new extension through it.

I can tell you some of the sourcelink entries are dead wrong. That is how this extension is putting the "random, timing based" wrong tokens in CT. It's simply reflecting the bad sourcelink data. Turn off the extension - and nothing is really reading that sourcelink data so you don't see it.

Question is - why is it bad? That will be the solution.

Gist being - if your sourcelink to an NPC reference is not spot on - it will give you results like this. Evidently it gets rewritten frequently enough there are a variety of ways of fixing it. I'll continue with the search for "why?".

vaughnlannister
August 3rd, 2020, 15:27
Hence sounds like some of the source-link code is not working well with recent update of FGU, because before this was working ok?

SilentRuin
August 3rd, 2020, 15:29
sourcelink is inherently unreliable and they are using it like its "gospel" in this extension.

For example, I create a CT entry (CT1->nil) on its own. It has no sourcelink. I copy it to the NPC (NPC1->nil) directory. It has no sourcelink. I delete my CT original and replace it with my new NPC (CT2->NPC1). CT2 entry now has a sourcelink to NPC1. All good so far. I now copy my CT2 entry back into NPC (NPC2->NPC1) - and now both the CT2 entry and the new NPC2 entry point to NPC1. I now delete NPC1 and I now I have two bogus sourcelinks pointing to something that no longer exists. I can even scramble it further as all DB indexing is the same and if I can reset the indexing or get something new I can actually have a sourcelink pointing to the wrong thing.

Gist is - sourcelink is useful in very limited settings and cannot be fully trusted based on what I showed you above.

The correct thing would be for FGU to blank out the sourcelink anytime a reference to it is deleted. That way it can never lie.

But fundamentally, sourcelink is unreliable because it holds onto and passes on old stuff that has been deleted or changed. Not something that happens often - but it does happen if you make your own NPC's.

Using it to look up and refresh a token based on sourcelink is therefore not reliable. It mostly is, but not entirely.

Not sure how to fix that. I'll take a brief look at it to see if I can't stop it from using sourcelink when it points to a db.xml npc (changeable) reference instead of a module reference (unchangeable - mostly).

SilentRuin
August 3rd, 2020, 17:46
Hence sounds like some of the source-link code is not working well with recent update of FGU, because before this was working ok?

Unlikely. I don't think it has ever been reliable. Death Indicator just exacerbates the flaw so you see it.

I don't understand why Death indicator is even updating the tokens on addNPC/removeNPC/and something with adding in battles. Removing them makes this problem way less likely to happen (in pure FGU) and as long as I don't use anything these things were in there for - probably ok with removing them to prevent this issue becoming more frequent.

For sure it means it won't be trying to use sourcelink for anything and I have not seen the harm in removing those handlers. When I put it out here please let me know you don't see anything "missing" that used to work in Death indicators.

SilentRuin
August 3rd, 2020, 17:58
V 4.7 - Removed handlers in DeathIndicatorEx\scripts\manager_npc_token.lua because they were using NPC sourcelink which is unreliable in certain cases and I could not see any use for this extension doing anything on CombatManager.setCustomAddNPC(), CombatManager.setCustomDeleteCombatantHandler(), or CombatManager.setCustomAddBattle(). I'm sure someone will let me know if this had something they needed. But the risk of bad tokens goes way down with this code removal.

As stated above could not see any use for these overrides and they for sure can make bad token replacement much more frequent. As stated earlier NPC sourcelink is not always reliable.

vaughnlannister
August 3rd, 2020, 22:37
Thanks SilentRuin for all your efforts! I will give it a test and see how it goes, as you explained I expect it to give no issues!

SilentRuin
August 3rd, 2020, 23:28
Thanks SilentRuin for all your efforts! I will give it a test and see how it goes, as you explained I expect it to give no issues!

Happens much less but if I have a bogus NPC defined with a crap sourcelink and I stick it in CT - it still occasionally happens. Not sure if I can fix this - just make it "less frequent". If you addNPC() to NPC with a bogus sourcelink bad things can happen I guess?

Sgain
August 4th, 2020, 00:40
any chance you could do a version of this for Savage Worlds? In FGC it worked great but in FGU it throws a ton of script errors when I try it.

SilentRuin
August 4th, 2020, 05:19
any chance you could do a version of this for Savage Worlds? In FGC it worked great but in FGU it throws a ton of script errors when I try it.

Don't own savage worlds, sorry.

SilentRuin
August 16th, 2020, 19:29

I keep getting a token replaced "once in a blue moon" with this thing. I've finally tracked it to this db.xml entry...

<deathmanager>
<npc_tokens>
<id-00001>
<npc type="string">npc.id-00004</npc>
<token type="token">tokens/Medium/c.png@Letter Tokens</token>
</id-00001>
<id-00002>
<npc type="string">combattracker.list.id-00017</npc>
</id-00002>
</npc_tokens>
</deathmanager>

Where you can see above the chair (npc.id-00004) has a C which is correct. But the vampire (combattracker.list.id-00017) somehow ALSO got the C and its not smart enough to realize that its wrong so uses it.

Not sure what triggers its use - or what put it in wrong to start with - or if at one time the chair was combattracker.list.id-00017 (very well might have been) - but I'm pretty sure when this bogus entry appears in your db.xml you will occasionally suffer the tokens switching out. I deleted the whole entry from my db.xml. It gets recreated empty - but the bad data is not repeated. If anyone can find what causes these <npc_token> to get populated and what error can cause them to get mismatched - then triggered to be used. I can fix it. But I'll need a duplicateable test case.

For sure if you get a token put in wrong in Combat tracker for an NPC - I suspect you'll find a mismatching entry in the above section of your db.xml. Replace the bad token and delete this entry. Will fix it till the next time puts it in scrambled.

vaughnlannister
August 16th, 2020, 21:20
Nagging mystery this extension is, I wish I could help, but I am no coder, maybe the original creators could chime in?

SilentRuin
August 16th, 2020, 22:00
Nagging mystery this extension is, I wish I could help, but I am no coder, maybe the original creators could chime in?

Really just looking for steps to reproduce. Your the only other one besides me that's seen it. Something to do with creating a bogus NPC then having this trigger whatever populates that part of the db.xml wrong. Have no clue what does it as I can never get it to happen when I'm paying attention. All I know for sure is it IS this extension and its when it does not keep that combat tracker reference ID updated when it gets removed and reused.

vaughnlannister
August 17th, 2020, 18:20
I will try to play around with it, when I have more time, to see if I can recreate the error.

Will post here when I find something!

SilentRuin
August 19th, 2020, 16:55
I will try to play around with it, when I have more time, to see if I can recreate the error.

Will post here when I find something!

Alright - took another stab at resolving those issues including replacing back code in 4.7 that I think contributed to one of them. I originally removed that due to bad sourcelink possibilities - but really - not as bad an issue as the other things.

Problem is - the only way to prove this fixes anything in these hard to duplicate issues is to simply never see them again. Anyway - I tried.

vaughnlannister
August 20th, 2020, 17:09
Thanks SilentRuin! I will look at it Friday and test it in my upcoming session this Saturday to see if the issue has been resolved :)!

SilentRuin
August 20th, 2020, 17:15
Thanks SilentRuin! I will look at it Friday and test it in my upcoming session this Saturday to see if the issue has been resolved :)!

Since I can never seem to duplicate it when I'm looking for it - no idea if this resolved it. I do know that it if it happens you can get it to stop by making sure there are no active death indicators and deleting <deathmanager> tag via notepad++ in your db.xml (backing it up first of course). I suspect the bad entries get in there because something drops dead before it can remove the combat tracker ID - then something later comes by and reuses it as they are recycled a lot. Then ... well I have no clue. That's the problem :) Anyway, make sure <deathmanager> is deleted or empty before you start this test or you will just be suffering for past problems that got the bad entries in there to start with.

mattekure
August 21st, 2020, 20:20
I posted on another thread. But I just tested both with the Death Indicator and Generic Actions extensions.

The errors are caused because there are xml comments between the opening <xml declaration tag and the opening <root tag. the XML parsing in Unity is more strict, and having comments between those tags is not allowed. By removing the comments from the xml files, both extensions were able to load just fine.

So this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>

<!--
File: extension.xml
Author: Cleveland E. Raymond (Valerian Stormbreaker)
Copyright © 2019 Slotware Gaming Technologies LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Modified 2020 SilentRuin
-->

<root version="3.0">

Should look like this:

<root version="3.0">
<!--

Modified 2020 SilentRuin
-->

SilentRuin
August 21st, 2020, 21:54
I posted on another thread. But I just tested both with the Death Indicator and Generic Actions extensions.

The errors are caused because there are xml comments between the opening <xml declaration tag and the opening <root tag. the XML parsing in Unity is more strict, and having comments between those tags is not allowed. By removing the comments from the xml files, both extensions were able to load just fine.

So this

<!--

Modified 2020 SilentRuin
-->

<root version="3.0">

Should look like this:

<root version="3.0">
<!--

Modified 2020 SilentRuin
-->

Just delivered a new one - same comments - just different way of zipping the file.

SilentRuin
August 21st, 2020, 21:55

Just delivered a new one - same comments - just different way of zipping the file. Give this a test if you would. Nothing changed except way I zipped the file. Evidently that was the cause of all this latest update grief.

vaughnlannister
August 21st, 2020, 22:00

vaughnlannister
August 22nd, 2020, 07:52
Hi, I found perhaps something that triggers this token swapping bug. When you leave your NPC enemies or Friendly in the Combat Tracker, then close and reopen FGs the token get swapped. I will also test it a little further in todays session.

SilentRuin
August 22nd, 2020, 11:40
Hi, I found perhaps something that triggers this token swapping bug. When you leave your NPC enemies or Friendly in the Combat Tracker, then close and reopen FGs the token get swapped. I will also test it a little further in todays session.
I do that all the time without the issue.

Did you delete deathmanager data in db.xml like I asked? Otherwise, your just playing with old corrupted data which nothing I do can fix. That is after you make sure nobody is dead in combat tracker per my previous post.

If however you did delete it first, then you may have something here.

vaughnlannister
August 22nd, 2020, 18:14
Hi, sorry but I don't understand what I must delete, here is what I found when I unzipped the file.

I found 12 entries of the deatmanager, but don't now what parts to delete. 38723

SilentRuin
August 22nd, 2020, 18:58
Hi, sorry but I don't understand what I must delete, here is what I found when I unzipped the file.

I found 12 entries of the deatmanager, but don't now what parts to delete. 38723

It's not code - open db.xml in your campaign folder with notepad++ (after you back it up). Then you'll see a bunch of XML tags.

Inside there you'll see something like this...

<deathmanager>
... bunch of npc xml tags that have the bad data ...
</deathmanager>

You would delete that entire tag and contents out of your db.xml. What I believe happens is it puts entries in there when you have a death token displayed in combat tracker. And it is supposed to delete it out when its done with it. But if data gets leftover in there it is referencing it with id-# values which get reused. And that is the problem - if it sees those old bad values in there it will use them and those won't match the current combat tracker entry and put out the bad token from some previous one it failed to delete.

So my hope is that won't happen anymore in new build - but you have to delete the old bad stuff to test that out. For sure if you crash and somehow replace combat tracker stuff without death indicator up and running it could still happen. But that should be very rare. But once you get bad data in - then it stays.

If I get a chance to think on it and figure it out maybe I can add something to death indicators startup that deletes the tag or empties its contents if there are no death indicators active - but don't have that now.

vaughnlannister
August 22nd, 2020, 19:24
Ok, I found them, would it be sufficient just to copy the db.xml as a backup?
Or how would you recommend to make a backup?

I found the deathmanager data in the db.xml, so delete the word deathmanager + and everything between?

Sorry just want to be sure, not to mess it up, thanks for your help!

<deathmanager>
<npc />
<npc_tokens>
<id-00001>
<npc type="string">combattracker.list.id-00007</npc>
<token type="token">tokens/goblin_archer_shortbow_hood-Excolor1.png</token>
</id-00001>
<id-00002>
<npc type="string">combattracker.list.id-00008</npc>
</id-00002>
</settings>
</deathmanager>

SilentRuin
August 22nd, 2020, 21:14
Copying is how you back up dB.xml - yes delete everything between and including <deathmanager> </deathmanager> tag it will be recreated next time.

SilentRuin
August 23rd, 2020, 00:09
Ok, I found them, would it be sufficient just to copy the db.xml as a backup?
Or how would you recommend to make a backup?

I found the deathmanager data in the db.xml, so delete the word deathmanager + and everything between?

Sorry just want to be sure, not to mess it up, thanks for your help!

<deathmanager>
<npc />
<npc_tokens>
<id-00001>
<npc type="string">combattracker.list.id-00007</npc>
</id-00001>
<id-00002>
<npc type="string">combattracker.list.id-00008</npc>
</id-00002>
</settings>
</deathmanager>

I should also note you have an impossible end tag </settings> in the middle of that xml node <deathmanager>

vaughnlannister
August 23rd, 2020, 11:00
Ok thanks, yes I did not copy the entire code in between deatmanager, I forgot to copy </setting> line at then end.

SilentRuin
August 23rd, 2020, 11:14
Ok thanks, yes I did not copy the entire code in between deatmanager, I forgot to copy </setting> line at then end.

The only thing that should be copied was the entire dB.xml file. Typically if I’m going to edit that file I copy the entire campaign sub directory someplace safe. Actually I do that after each weekly session just in case.

Once backed up - then if you mess up an edit you can easily recover.

For sure all I meant for you to do was back up your file before you went in and deleted that one tag and it’s contents.

SilentRuin
August 23rd, 2020, 15:18

Also, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "copy the entire code" but the statement is fairly scary if taken verbatim. The ONLY thing you should be doing is editing the db.xml in notepad++ and removing that tag and its data. For example, if it was this...

... (tags before this tag)..
<deathmanager>
<npc_tokens>
<id-00001>
<npc type="string">npc.id-00004</npc>
</id-00001>
<id-00002>
<npc type="string">combattracker.list.id-00017</npc>
</id-00002>
</npc_tokens>
</deathmanager>
... (tags after this tag)...

After you remove the tag it would be this...

... (tags before this tag)..
... (tags after this tag)...

Anything else would likely result in the corruption of the db.xml file and likely FGU would then throw an error and default to your last valid backup of db.xml (of which there are likely many in your campaign folder) and you'd be back to old bad data still being there.

vaughnlannister
August 23rd, 2020, 17:02
I meant that I left some bits out, so I wouldn't take up al lot of space in my post. But just to provide a simple example of what I was seeing, but of course I had a lot of more NPC that were in there.

SilentRuin
August 23rd, 2020, 17:15
I meant that I left some bits out, so I wouldn't take up al lot of space in my post. But just to provide a simple example of what I was seeing, but of course I had a lot of more NPC that were in there.

Cool. Hopefully that makes you never see the tokens getting replaced anymore. As I see it that tag should be empty unless you have an active death token in play on combat tracker. I could be wrong - but once I zapped mine I quit seeing the issue and every time I’ve bothered to check that tag it’s been empty.

vaughnlannister
August 23rd, 2020, 18:10
Awesome :) we all love it!! That's promising to hear!

bwatford
August 27th, 2020, 03:22
Getting this error in Unity when trying to make a Dex Save

SilentRuin
August 27th, 2020, 03:42

I have seen that error when it encounters a node that it can't really interpret well. Not having written the code I'm not really sure why it happens, but suspect if you have a less than pristine node definition regarding tokens - which FGU 100% will let you do as described here and in some of my extensions - then it has no way to handle the data node in question and tosses that error out.

I've never seen it stop "functioning" when it does or kill anything that is running. Is that what you are saying is happening?

For instance, if I create a custom NPC - it can have a token linked to it through an image tag in db.xml but will NOT have a <token> tag defined in it which somethings - like death indicator - required. The only way I've found to get a custom NPC to have that token definition is to drop it in combat tracker - delete the custom token - then drop the combat tracker into the custom token group replacing the previous one. THAT one will have a <token> definition in the npc.* db.xml definition.

Why? No clue. Complained about it and got zero commentary back on it.

Gist being, did anything bad happen or not work? Or did you just get the error?

For sure I know if you have no active death indicators in combat tracker its safe to completely delete <deathmanager> tag and its contents out of db.xml as that can cause issues with wrong tokens being put in combat tracker if something has gone wrong in the past (crash, etc.) where it could not delete or update an entry in a changed combat tracker entry.

Those are the only "wierd" thing I know about this extension. And the only parts I have taken the time to understand are the parts I've needed to change. Which is not much of it. And parts I needed to lobotomize because it was interfering with other things to support something I didn't want or need.

If you have a project created from scratch and can duplicate this issue - I'll be happy to look at it. But if its an old campaign with a ton of history and weird custom NPC defintions - then not much I can probably do to figure it out without duplicating the issue. And if its one if the issues I've mentioned above - then its out of my control to fix.

SilentRuin
August 27th, 2020, 03:51

Also is that 5E? I only use 5E and know nothing about the other rulesets.

bwatford
August 27th, 2020, 04:14
It is in 5e... no death tokens were in the combat tracker at the time and this is the first time it has happened. Been running completely fine.

A player needed to make a manual Dexterity Save and every time he tried the error would come up and the save would not function.

I then tried to make it for him, and same thing happened. I tried removing him from the map and CT and then re-adding, same error.

I tried other players, same thing. All other saves andchecks are fine. It is confined to just DEX saving throws.

Off to check another campaign, to see if it was the latest update to FGU this evening.

bwatford
August 27th, 2020, 04:16
I can confirm, it is an error in all the campaigns that use the extension. (tried 7 different ones)

SilentRuin
August 27th, 2020, 04:43
I can confirm, it is an error in all the campaigns that use the extension. (tried 7 different ones)

Will take a look tomorrow then - if you can tell me the exact thing you do to generate that particular save - problem.

bwatford
August 27th, 2020, 04:48
Just try a Dex Save with the module loaded gives the error

bwatford
August 27th, 2020, 05:27
Ok, I have discovered the culprit it is the Shield Master Extension that is causing the error with the Dexterity Saves which is in turn causing other extensions to have errors.

So it is not Death Indicator.

SilentRuin
August 27th, 2020, 15:33
Ok, I have discovered the culprit it is the Shield Master Extension that is causing the error with the Dexterity Saves which is in turn causing other extensions to have errors.

So it is not Death Indicator.

Was just logging in to tell you I could not duplicate it. Thanks for following through.

SilentRuin
August 28th, 2020, 18:02
Awesome :) we all love it!! That's promising to hear!

FYI - changed it again after I found more stuff wrong. V 4.9 is out and ready for testing.

At this point, having never really understood all the aspects of this code, I'm just patching things as I find them and for all I know causing more issues. But as I use this interface also, I will continue patching it as long as there are critical issues that effect me.

Let me know if its all good still, as I won't really have a campaign using it till next week - and me superficially testing it is... well... superficial.

bwatford
August 29th, 2020, 01:44
It is causing the Advanced effects extension to not add effects to the combat tracker now, so definitely got some conflicts.

SilentRuin
August 29th, 2020, 02:00
It is causing the Advanced effects extension to not add effects to the combat tracker now, so definitely got some conflicts.

No idea what that is. But nothing with what this extension is doing should have changed to any degree to effect combat tracker placement of effects - at least anything that it was not doing before. All of the changes I just made were involved in custom NPC creation (adding the <token> tag which should effect nothing with combat tracker) and making sure the DB.deleteChild failing on the second arguement now does DB.deleteNode and works and making sure it does not do anything with deathmanager tag for custom NPCs.

This has no effect or possible effect that I can determine on combat tracker or effects in general. In fact, just tested by manually placing effects - running elaborate extension that runs through about all the effect calls you can make - and it all works fine as expected.

I assume you turned off the Death Indicator before you made this test and it worked - then turned it back on and it failed?

Honestly, I don't know anything about the extension your talking about. IF you proved that turning it off it worked - then turning it on and it failed - AND it worked before today's changes - then I'll need logs to see what is failing.

Just not sure how it could effect anything as your saying - doesn't mean its not possible - but I just don't see how today's modification would effect any of that. For sure if it never worked with that extension - I can probably see that.

In any case, let me know if you have information I can actually work with. As I said - don't see how today's changes would break something since the changes were fixing things that never actually worked and had nothing to do with "effects".

SilentRuin
August 29th, 2020, 05:30

Ideally if you can give me an example without the extension where its whacking something that would be good. Again - the changes involved fixing the DB.deleteChild calls to be DB.deleteNode calls so that they did not fail on the missing second argument (were given exact node names from what I could see in my debug prints when I temporarily added them) and insuring that a node was in CT before it tried to mess with the NPC token (making sure it would not do anything with a custom NPC not in combat tracker) and also adding in the <token> tags in three places for npc_header.xml stuff.

All of which "should" have nothing to do with CT or effects. Having said that - if the code was always feeding bad nodes into a delete I could see it causing problems but they would be massive and very noticable (like someone trying to feed a DB delete a null or blank node and deleting the entire root of a project). But something like that is pretty immediately noticeable.

Again, doing surgery on something I don't quite understand (though I'm being forced to learn more about it against my will every time I have to dive into one of these fixes) is always risky business.

Hence, all the warnings on page 1. I'll do what I can - but it all works for all my stuff at the moment as far as I can tell - and short of having a detailed way of duplicating it without other extensions or a seriously really good clue - not much I can do for you.

vaughnlannister
September 5th, 2020, 10:22
Hey, I have been seeing my tokens swapping for my NPCs, that were not on the map. I have found a clue though.. which might be related to this. I am able to switch up my NPC tokens, even though the lock is on. But when I deactivate the death indicator extension this is not possible anymore. I understand that this may be necessary some how for the extension to function and switch tokens when they are killed off. But don't know.. could be something or could be nothing, this clue.

SilentRuin
September 5th, 2020, 12:09
Hey, I have been seeing my tokens swapping for my NPCs, that were not on the map. I have found a clue though.. which might be related to this. I am able to switch up my NPC tokens, even though the lock is on. But when I deactivate the death indicator extension this is not possible anymore. I understand that this may be necessary some how for the extension to function and switch tokens when they are killed off. But don't know.. could be something or could be nothing, this clue.

Did you follow the directions for version 4.9 in the campaign your seeing the problem in?

I can’t fix pre existing bad data.

vaughnlannister
September 5th, 2020, 17:01
Thanks, Silentruin I must have missed your latest version v4.9!
Or were you referring to deleting the NPC, in the deatmanger when opening the campaign db.xml?

SilentRuin
September 5th, 2020, 17:41
Thanks, Silentruin I must have missed your latest version v4.9!
Or were you referring to deleting the NPC, in the deatmanger when opening the campaign db.xml?

Was referring to both. As per the direction in V4.9 you should make sure nothing has an active death indicator then wipe out the <deathmanager> and all its data in your db.xml(s) for your campain(s).

Otherwise, even though I had fixed one of the issues with leaving out old NPC data in there - you would still have the previous old bad data which I cannnot fix.

vaughnlannister
September 5th, 2020, 19:14
What do you mean by active death indicator? That the NPC or PCs, should not be dead in CT or on the Map? Or do you mean a special tomb stone that is assigned to that PC?

Thanks!

SilentRuin
September 5th, 2020, 19:41
What do you mean by active death indicator? That the NPC or PCs, should not be dead in CT or on the Map? Or do you mean a special tomb stone that is assigned to that PC?

Thanks!

Not actively dead.

vaughnlannister
September 5th, 2020, 20:15
But what counts as not actively dead? Do my descriptions fit not actively dead?

What is not actively dead?
1) does it mean the PC should not be unconscious? ?
2) does it mean you failed all your save throws so now you're actively dead?

I assume my 2) right?

Thanks!

SilentRuin
September 5th, 2020, 20:31
but what counts as not actively dead? Do my descriptions fit not actively dead?

What is not actively dead?
1) does it mean the pc should not be unconscious? ?
2) does it mean you failed all your save throws so now you're actively dead?

I assume my 2) right?

Thanks!

0 hp.

vaughnlannister
September 5th, 2020, 20:40
Thanks!

dbachen
September 6th, 2020, 19:17
The attached files are no longer attached on the first post.. Was this pulled?

LordEntrails
September 6th, 2020, 19:20
The attached files are no longer attached on the first post.. Was this pulled?
No, its still there. Make sure you are not viewing the mobile site and make sure you are using the FG Responsive theme for the forums. Set from the pull down on the bottom left.

dbachen
September 6th, 2020, 21:24
No, its still there. Make sure you are not viewing the mobile site and make sure you are using the FG Responsive theme for the forums. Set from the pull down on the bottom left.

Yeah.. I switched browsers and realized that Brave was doing something stupid with the display.. thanks

EllivasKram
September 8th, 2020, 16:12
HI - I have had issues with this extension since MadNoMad's "Character Sheet Tweaks v1.2" update.

So with the help of 'ScriedRaven' - 'SilentRuin' has said its OK to post this mini tweaked version of 'Death Indicator EX v4.9.1'

You will notice it turns off the ability to alter the Characters 'Death Icon' - Sorry but defaults are fine IMHO and it fixes EXTN clashes where 'Death' Icon on MAIN-TAB was causing Draw issues..

SilentRuin
September 8th, 2020, 16:40
HI - I have had issues with this extension since MadNoMad's "Character Sheet Tweaks v1.2" update.

So with the help of 'ScriedRaven' - 'SilentRuin' has said its OK to post this mini tweaked version of 'Death Indicator EX v4.9.1'

You will notice it turns off the ability to alter the Characters 'Death Icon' - Sorry but defaults are fine IMHO and it fixes EXTN clashes where 'Death' Icon on MAIN-TAB was causing Draw issues..

You will need to use "Go Advanced" to drop files into your post.

Also, I'm curious why an extension would benefit from removing what is essentially an extra field on the form. Most extensions (I did not write this one) should be aware other extensions may be using the same form and need to place things on it relatively with that in mind. For sure if everyone just stomps over their desired spot you will get needless conflicts.

Gist is there is a number of ways you could get extensions to play well together and multiple ways you can screw that up. If your extension has to completely rewrite something then the only way you can get another extension to "win" with its version is to change the extension.xml loadorder tag to have the highest number the one you want to "win". Of course, that can make the other extension not work in some cases also if its not a single self contained feature you don't mind losing. You can also tailor extensions to work with eachother but that is a pain for everyone involved.

Best solution - try and code things you have to overwrite where you still call the original version (if possible) so that you play with anyone else in a nice manner. I've not really seen anyone attempt that (and it won't always work) but me.

In the end, nature of extensions written by people who don't use the other extensions you might be using is that they simply will be incompatible in some places.

eriktedesco
September 9th, 2020, 19:28
Hi SilentRuin, one question, just out of curiosity...would it be possible to add a bloodied indicator when the hp reaches half the maximum value? Or a progression of blood token/images on token just like 5e enhancer?

At the moment I'm using matjam extension but I'm not really interested in the save check part.

Thank for your patience and availability.

SilentRuin
September 9th, 2020, 21:58
Hi SilentRuin, one question, just out of curiosity...would it be possible to add a bloodied indicator when the hp reaches half the maximum value? Or a progression of blood token/images on token just like 5e enhancer?

At the moment I'm using matjam extension but I'm not really interested in the save check part.

Thank for your patience and availability.

I use FGU for that sort of thing - set the bar for damage along the side of the icon. Have no plans to do a graphics blood stain progression on the map.

EllivasKram
September 10th, 2020, 14:59
4th Edition thing... But I use detailed in Options :-

Combat (GM)
--> View: Health - Non-ally [Status]
--> View: Wound Catagories [Detailed]

more than enough for group to see they need not run... Well maybe not....

SilentRuin
September 23rd, 2020, 16:46

Made another fix to a bug that has been hitting me in my campaign - so if you want that change in your version you'll have to grab it and repost your fix. I will then relink your post to page 1 if you want. Again - I don't plan on ever using your version as you take out stuff I want in order to be compatible with something I won't be using so won't have that as the "active" page 1 version - but have no problem with linking in your version. Currently your 4.91 version is out there - probably should have been 4.9.1 but the newest version is 4.10 you can let me know what version and where you post it so I can link it in page 1. Just reply to this post to notify me. If you ever fix it so I don't lose what I use - then I'll merge it into my code - but currently you just remove it.

EllivasKram
September 24th, 2020, 12:23
OK - I'm working on fixing the TOKEN clash - But "MadNoMad's Sheet_Tweaks" is really manipulating the token locations on the MAIN_CHAR Tab..

So until then please enjoy this modified version of the v4.10 EXTN that supports the 'Sheet-Tweaks' by just removing the 'DeathIndicatorsEX' token on the CHAR MAIN Tab..

SilentRuin
September 24th, 2020, 15:43
OK - I'm working on fixing the TOKEN clash - But "MadNoMad's Sheet_Tweaks" is really manipulating the token locations on the MAIN_CHAR Tab..

So until then please enjoy this modified version of the v4.10 EXTN that supports the 'Sheet-Tweaks' by just removing the 'DeathIndicatorsEX' token on the CHAR MAIN Tab..

Page 1 updated.

EllivasKram
September 26th, 2020, 02:25
v4.10.4 of 'Death Indicator EX'

Works (Play's Nice with) "MadNoMad's Character Sheet_Tweaks" on the MAIN_CHAR Tab..

So now I believe All functionality restored - SilentRuin

SilentRuin
September 26th, 2020, 02:30
[QUOTE=EllivasKram;544996]v4.10.4 of 'Death Indicator EX'

V4.10.4?

If you want it replacing the original code you'll have to post it someplace so I can check it out - then if it works for me I'll replace the Page 1 version of stuff moving forward (as I'll work from that version of the source for any updates).

[Obviously I'll be hoping I've already made my last update/fix after your stuff is incorporated.]

SilentRuin
September 26th, 2020, 02:50
v4.10.4 of 'Death Indicator EX'

Works (Play's Nice with) "MadNoMad's Character Sheet_Tweaks" on the MAIN_CHAR Tab..

So now I believe All functionality restored - SilentRuin

Superficial test seemed to work for me so it is now the DeathIndicator version that is delivered on Page 1. You were added to the list of authors I credit in the post in addition to listing the version update also. Give a try to make sure its all good for you also.

mordkhaan
September 27th, 2020, 07:39
FYI Seeing this when joining or loading a campaign in FGU
:)

SilentRuin
September 27th, 2020, 15:46
FYI Seeing this when joining or loading a campaign in FGU
:)

I'm not seeing this. I did just load code from someone else for version 4.10.4 but my superficial test showed it working. And I just tried to duplicate what your seeing and could not see it.

In fact, given the error, I don't even know what XML its complaining about nor do I notice (superficial check I admit) any xml with a .lua comment in it.

Are you using the latest and greatest version from page 1? I'll need something else as I can't duplicate this. Also, its talking about a module - which has not changed since the original version. Only the .ext has been modified.

EDIT: I use the .mod and I don't see any errors.

mordkhaan
September 27th, 2020, 19:56
Just redownloaded and retried and get the same, will paste console log in here :)
[9/28/2020 7:44:42 AM] FGU: v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-09-24)
[9/28/2020 7:44:42 AM] OS: Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit
[9/28/2020 7:44:42 AM] GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 : 6052
[9/28/2020 7:44:42 AM] USER: mordkhaan
[9/28/2020 7:44:42 AM] Launcher scene starting.
[9/28/2020 7:44:50 AM] Daily session backup created.
[9/28/2020 7:44:50 AM] Starting cloud server mode. [mordkhaan]
[9/28/2020 7:44:51 AM] Game server started. [52.63.2.139:50167]
[9/28/2020 7:44:51 AM] Launcher scene exiting.
[9/28/2020 7:44:51 AM] Tabletop scene starting.
[9/28/2020 7:44:51 AM] NETWORK STATUS: [Server] [Connected]
[Server Type - CLOUD - PRIVATE]
[9/28/2020 7:44:51 AM] Match successfully created on lobby.
[9/28/2020 7:45:00 AM] MEASURE: RULESETS LOAD - 8.7979666 - 5E
[9/28/2020 7:45:01 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/radial/icon_texttable.png) for icon (AFAL_modestandard). [FFAL_v0.3.3] [AFAL/graphics/AFAL_graphics_radial.xml]
[9/28/2020 7:45:01 AM] MEASURE: EXTENSIONS LOAD - 0.9109128 - 23
[9/28/2020 7:45:02 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Module Info Load (DeathIndicatorEx): An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 1, position 5.
[9/28/2020 7:45:09 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LIST BUILD - 7.731636 - 168
[9/28/2020 7:45:09 AM] MEASURE: REFRESH IMAGE ASSETS - 0.2802842
[9/28/2020 7:45:09 AM] MEASURE: REFRESH PORTRAIT ASSETS - 0.0170417
[9/28/2020 7:45:09 AM] MEASURE: REFRESH TOKEN ASSETS - 0.2240606
[9/28/2020 7:45:09 AM] MEASURE: ASSET LIST BUILD - 0.5223863
[9/28/2020 7:45:11 AM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 1 - 19.8315839
[9/28/2020 7:45:11 AM] Loaded FreeType library version 2.10.2
[9/28/2020 7:45:12 AM] [WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.
[9/28/2020 7:45:12 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0200002 - 5E Conditions & Effects
[9/28/2020 7:45:13 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.4372613 - 5E Effects Coding - Class Features
[9/28/2020 7:45:13 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0160061 - 5E Effects Coding - Feats
[9/28/2020 7:45:13 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0390314 - 5E Effects Coding - Race Traits
[9/28/2020 7:45:13 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.3401382 - 5E Effects Coding - Spells
[9/28/2020 7:45:13 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.1226562 - D&D Baldur's Gate Descent into Avernus Players
[9/28/2020 7:45:13 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0075226 - Battle Maps By Terrain
[9/28/2020 7:45:14 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.6246182 - Book of Lost Spells
[9/28/2020 7:45:14 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0020008 - Character Tokens
[9/28/2020 7:45:14 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0089994 - Critically Awesome Essentials Module - 5e DM Tools
[9/28/2020 7:45:14 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0060047 - Critically Awesome Essentials Module - 5e Player Tools
[9/28/2020 7:45:14 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.2629701 - Critically Awesome Essentials Module - One-Click Druid
[9/28/2020 7:45:15 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.067522 - Critically Awesome Essentials Module - One-Click More
[9/28/2020 7:45:18 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 3.0427474 - D&D Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide
[9/28/2020 7:45:19 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.9609532 - D&D Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide - Players
[9/28/2020 7:45:20 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 1.5846908 - D&D Acquisitions Incorporated Players
[9/28/2020 7:45:25 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 5.2087191 - D&D Curse of Strahd
[9/28/2020 7:45:25 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0275433 - D&D Curse of Strahd - Players
[9/28/2020 7:45:31 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 5.4747317 - D&D Dungeon Master's Guide
[9/28/2020 7:45:31 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0180012 - D&D Dungeon Master's Guide - Maps
[9/28/2020 7:45:31 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0330024 - D&D Dungeon Master's Guide - Players
[9/28/2020 7:45:43 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 11.6679997 - D&D Dungeon of the Mad Mage
[9/28/2020 7:45:45 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 2.6566399 - D&D Eberron Rising From the Last War - Players
[9/28/2020 7:45:45 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0220017 - D&D Elemental Evil - Players Companion
[9/28/2020 7:45:48 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 2.8148376 - D&D Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica - Players
[9/28/2020 7:45:56 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 7.6644383 - D&D Monster Manual
[9/28/2020 7:46:02 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 6.1256823 - D&D Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes
[9/28/2020 7:46:02 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0600343 - D&D Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes - Players
[9/28/2020 7:46:07 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 4.3472732 - D&D Player's Handbook
[9/28/2020 7:46:07 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0110012 - D&D Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide - Maps
[9/28/2020 7:46:07 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0259972 - D&D Tomb of Annihilation - Players
[9/28/2020 7:46:13 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 6.0067308 - D&D Volo's Guide to Monsters
[9/28/2020 7:46:13 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0119998 - D&D Volo's Guide to Monsters - Maps
[9/28/2020 7:46:20 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 7.2137036 - D&D Waterdeep Dragon Heist
[9/28/2020 7:46:20 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.1719988 - D&D Waterdeep Dragon Heist - Players
[9/28/2020 7:46:23 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 2.5108935 - D&D Xanathar's Guide to Everything
[9/28/2020 7:46:24 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 1.1592843 - D&D Xanathar's Guide to Everything - Players
[9/28/2020 7:46:25 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.7484535 - Dungeons & Dragons & Drugs & Alcohol
[9/28/2020 7:46:25 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0049994 - Evolving Cantrips
[9/28/2020 7:46:25 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0089995 - Extension - Vision
[9/28/2020 7:46:25 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0700502 - FG Battle Maps
[9/28/2020 7:46:25 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0 - FGU Darkwoulfe Token Pack Sampler
[9/28/2020 7:46:25 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0260022 - Icewind Dale Rime of the Frostmaiden (Player)
[9/28/2020 7:46:25 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0010048 - Letter Tokens
[9/28/2020 7:46:25 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0030004 - Map Adventures #2 - Plains, Deserts, & Caverns
[9/28/2020 7:46:25 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0010048 - Map Pack 1
[9/28/2020 7:46:25 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0039991 - Monster Tokens
[9/28/2020 7:46:25 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0 - Monstrous Characters Vol 2
[9/28/2020 7:46:25 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0240485 - New Weapons 5E homebrew
[9/28/2020 7:46:25 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0 - Odds and Ends, Volume 1
[9/28/2020 7:46:25 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0 - Odds and Ends, Volume 11
[9/28/2020 7:46:25 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0449968 - Syrinscape Chat Triggers
[9/28/2020 7:46:38 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 13.3404134 - Syrinscape Soundlinks
[9/28/2020 7:46:38 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0364229 - Syrinscape Sounds Instructions
[9/28/2020 7:46:39 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.1203895 - Token Share Module
[9/28/2020 7:46:39 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0 - Volo Tokens
[9/28/2020 7:46:39 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.1456955 - D&D Volo's Guide to Monsters - Players
[9/28/2020 7:46:39 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0 - Xanathar's Class Tokens
[9/28/2020 7:46:39 AM] RULESET: Dungeons and Dragons (5E) ruleset v3.3.12 for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2019 Smiteworks USA, LLC
[9/28/2020 7:46:39 AM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset v3.3.12 for Fantasy Grounds
[9/28/2020 7:46:39 AM] EXTENSION: 5E Attunement Tracker v1.2 - 2018 by Dmssanctum
[9/28/2020 7:46:39 AM] EXTENSION: 5E Random Treasure Generator V0.6 for FG V.3.x Copyright 2017 Smiteworks USA, LLC. \rAuthor: Olog
[9/28/2020 7:46:39 AM] EXTENSION: Advantage Display- Extension v1.0\r5E version for Fantasy Grounds\r--by Kent McCullough 2020
[9/28/2020 7:46:39 AM] EXTENSION: 5e Combat Statistics Extension version 2.1 by Stv
[9/28/2020 7:46:39 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (coins-weight) loaded.
[9/28/2020 7:46:39 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (ColoredSidebar) loaded.
[9/28/2020 7:46:39 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (DiceTotalLargeRed) loaded.
[9/28/2020 7:46:39 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (MOTD) loaded.
[9/28/2020 7:46:39 AM] EXTENSION: Window Saver X v3.4.0 by Zack 'Gkjsdll' Winchell.\r (special credit to James 'lokiare1' Holloway)
[9/28/2020 7:46:39 AM] EXTENSION: Use Up Powers by Steeleyes (v0.1)
[9/28/2020 7:46:39 AM] EXTENSION: Vision - Extension v1.1
[9/28/2020 7:46:39 AM] EXTENSION: 5E - Roll For Initiative!
[9/28/2020 7:46:39 AM] EXTENSION: Advanced Effects - Extension v4.2\r5E version for Fantasy Grounds\r--by Celestian 2017-2019
[9/28/2020 7:46:39 AM] EXTENSION: Change Initiative, Update Effects v1.0, 5E version.\rFor Fantasy Grounds
[9/28/2020 7:46:39 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (Decal_SCAG) loaded.
[9/28/2020 7:46:39 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (Decal_WDH) loaded.
[9/28/2020 7:46:39 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (Decal_XGTE) loaded.
[9/28/2020 7:46:39 AM] EXTENSION: Generic Actions v1.7 for Fantasy Grounds Unity \rCopyright 2020 SilentRuin \rAdded Generic Actions to Character/NPC sheets tied to combat tracker.
[9/28/2020 7:46:39 AM] EXTENSION: Has Initiative Indicator v1.1, CoreRPG+ version.\rFor Fantasy Grounds
[9/28/2020 7:46:39 AM] EXTENSION: Field Filters for All Libraries Extension (v0.3.3)
[9/28/2020 7:46:39 AM] EXTENSION: NPC flavors v1.8 (Geometric pants)\n- by Tideturner
[9/28/2020 7:46:39 AM] EXTENSION: Weapon Handling v1.0\nExtension for Versatile and Offhand attack
[9/28/2020 7:46:39 AM] EXTENSION: Aura Effects - Extension v0.4\r5E version for Fantasy Grounds\r--by Kent McCullough 2020
[9/28/2020 7:46:40 AM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 88.346568
[9/28/2020 7:51:39 AM] Campaign saved.
[9/28/2020 7:52:50 AM] NETWORK STATUS: [Server] [Connected]
[9/28/2020 7:52:54 AM] Tabletop scene exiting.

mordkhaan
September 27th, 2020, 20:10
Also, just created new 5e campaign with only DeathIndicator EX extension and get same error

EllivasKram
September 27th, 2020, 20:20
Seems ok for me - with latest Updates and only DeathIndicatorEX v4.10.4 loaded....

Please upload CONSOLE.log for main FantasyGroundsFolder..

mordkhaan
September 27th, 2020, 20:33
As requested
[9/28/2020 8:08:49 AM] FGU: v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-09-24)
[9/28/2020 8:08:49 AM] OS: Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit
[9/28/2020 8:08:49 AM] GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 : 6052
[9/28/2020 8:08:49 AM] USER: mordkhaan
[9/28/2020 8:08:49 AM] Launcher scene starting.
[9/28/2020 8:09:24 AM] Starting cloud server mode. [mordkhaan]
[9/28/2020 8:09:25 AM] Game server started. [52.63.2.139:64540]
[9/28/2020 8:09:25 AM] Launcher scene exiting.
[9/28/2020 8:09:25 AM] Tabletop scene starting.
[9/28/2020 8:09:25 AM] NETWORK STATUS: [Server] [Connected]
[9/28/2020 8:09:25 AM] Match successfully created on lobby.
[9/28/2020 8:09:33 AM] MEASURE: RULESETS LOAD - 7.8745138 - 5E
[9/28/2020 8:09:33 AM] MEASURE: EXTENSIONS LOAD - 0.0491211 - 1
[9/28/2020 8:09:34 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Module Info Load (DeathIndicatorEx): An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 1, position 5.
[9/28/2020 8:09:41 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LIST BUILD - 7.2627966 - 168
[9/28/2020 8:09:41 AM] MEASURE: REFRESH IMAGE ASSETS - 0.2766367
[9/28/2020 8:09:41 AM] MEASURE: REFRESH PORTRAIT ASSETS - 0.0060061
[9/28/2020 8:09:41 AM] MEASURE: REFRESH TOKEN ASSETS - 0.3295262
[9/28/2020 8:09:41 AM] MEASURE: ASSET LIST BUILD - 0.6141707
[9/28/2020 8:09:43 AM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 1 - 17.7776324
[9/28/2020 8:09:43 AM] Loaded FreeType library version 2.10.2
[9/28/2020 8:09:44 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0030001 - Letter Tokens
[9/28/2020 8:09:44 AM] RULESET: Dungeons and Dragons (5E) ruleset v3.3.12 for Fantasy Grounds
[9/28/2020 8:09:44 AM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset v3.3.12 for Fantasy Grounds
[9/28/2020 8:09:44 AM] EXTENSION: Death Indicator Ex v4.10.4 for Fantasy Grounds Unity\r[Permission to modify obtained from original authors celestian and Valerian Stormbreaker (FG forum handles)]\rModified 2020 by SilentRuin for 5e Fantasy Grounds Unity (4.10.4 - No Clashing with Nomad's Char Tweaks)
[9/28/2020 8:09:44 AM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 1.2491382
[9/28/2020 8:11:53 AM] NETWORK STATUS: [Server] [Connected]
[9/28/2020 8:11:53 AM] Tabletop scene exiting.

EllivasKram
September 27th, 2020, 20:54
Please try using https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59203-Death-Indicator-Ex-v4-5-extension-for-5e-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity&p=544351&viewfull=1#post544351

v4.10.1

mordkhaan
September 27th, 2020, 21:13
No change sadly

EllivasKram
September 27th, 2020, 21:22
No Idea - I don't think its stopping the execution.. of the EXTN mind.. I'm testing in Windows v10- You ?

mordkhaan
September 27th, 2020, 21:28
Yep! 1909
Just emptied extensions and modules folder in FGU except for the death Indicator ext and mod files
same deal?
Yeah, doesnt seem to impact it working so not a biggie I guess

SilentRuin
September 27th, 2020, 22:40
Yep! 1909
Just emptied extensions and modules folder in FGU except for the death Indicator ext and mod files
same deal?
Yeah, doesnt seem to impact it working so not a biggie I guess

The first log showed this

[9/28/2020 7:45:01 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/radial/icon_texttable.png) for icon (AFAL_modestandard). [FFAL_v0.3.3] [AFAL/graphics/AFAL_graphics_radial.xml]

Any error can cause other errors downstream.

Your second log seems to show it by itself - but given the error

[9/28/2020 8:09:34 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Module Info Load (DeathIndicatorEx): An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 1, position 5.

has nothing in it related to the .mod file that I unzipped that is on Page 1 - I'm not sure what to tell you. Except that it appears only your machine has this going on. Something is different. Are you absolutely sure you have DeathIndicatorEx.mod in your modules directory that is the one from page 1 of this thread? Because it seems like its not that one. If you take the .mod - rename it to .zip and unzip the files there you should see one .xml file and a bunch of tokens. None of which have '--' by itself or with '-' at end of a line.

I suppose the other possibility is you have a different parser for xml out there that has somehow choked on the <-- --> comments in the .xml file that the old .mod file had in it. But really - no idea on this one.

mordkhaan
September 27th, 2020, 23:19
Alrighty then, so did clean removes and redownloads without any extensions and then again with my full list and now all working without errors thanks!
Am now using MOD file from Page 1, and using ext 4.10.1
;)

SilentRuin
September 27th, 2020, 23:30
Alrighty then, so did clean removes and redownloads without any extensions and then again with my full list and now all working without errors thanks!
Am now using MOD file from Page 1, and using ext 4.10.1
;)

Always use the latest extension - ALWAYS. His fixes are all in that now and its 4.10.4 on page 1 - .ext and .mod are there - not sure why he told you to use that one as that was just a stop gap we used while he made sure he could do the true fix later in 4.10.4 - you shouldn't be using anything but the latest version if you want me to support it here. Nothing says you can't use your own modified one or his temp version if you really want to.

Ominor
September 28th, 2020, 04:28
Thanks so much for this.

SilentRuin
September 29th, 2020, 22:49
Based on reading the following post I've modified the version number (only) for the latest delivery on Page 1 .ext file. It is now V4.11

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?61588-Mad-Nomad-s-3rd-Party-Updater-Keep-all-your-Extensions-and-Mods-up-to-date&p=545860&viewfull=1#post545860

mordkhaan
September 29th, 2020, 23:02
The pinned files on post 1 dont show a version, is that intentional?

SilentRuin
September 29th, 2020, 23:10
The pinned files on post 1 dont show a version, is that intentional?

None of the ones I use ever do. I think only DMsG stuff tacks them onto the file name - even though you drop them in their without any on the filename.

Basically nothing has a version number in my .ext filenames and I have always done it that way from day one. Since I've never actually pulled something from DMsG (which this is not part of anyway) I've never seen anything with a version number on my .ext filenames. Plan to keep it that way. I have no intention of accidently dropping multiple versions of the same thing onto my machine - it always stomps over the last version and that's the way I want it.

mordkhaan
September 29th, 2020, 23:12
Ok cool, so if we update from Post 1, we get no version number and will be latest
if we update via DMsGuild we get ver # (and should get rid of it!)
cheers!

SilentRuin
September 29th, 2020, 23:15
Ok cool, so if we update from Post 1, we get no version number and will be latest
if we update via DMsGuild we get ver # (and should get rid of it!)
cheers!

Your call on DMsG - just describing how I personally do things. If DMsG is adding versions onto my other .ext files - then yeah - I personally would always strip them out but really that's a personal preference call. Version and other property info is in the extension.xml file in the zip so it really does not matter what the filename is - but for me? I manage all my .ext without a version in the filename - much like the other "delivered" FGU extensions do. If DMsG butchers them on the download - I have no control over that.

Again just explaining why there is no version in this direct forum .ext delivery - personal preference by me.

webdove
September 30th, 2020, 01:36
Hi, I just dropped 5E enhancer in favor of this extension. The one problem I notice is that the blood widget is much smaller than the token (maybe 10% of the diameter of the token). Is there a way to enlarge the blood widgets?
I am using the latest FGU.

I noticed that the blood pngs in the graphics folder in your extension are much smaller than the blood pngs in Token Death Indicator 2.0 - BLOOD SPLATS!

Thanks
Web

SilentRuin
September 30th, 2020, 01:47
Hi, I just dropped 5E enhancer in favor of this extension. The one problem I notice is that the blood widget is much smaller than the token (maybe 10% of the diameter of the token). Is there a way to enlarge the blood widgets?

I noticed that the blood pngs in the graphics folder in your extension are much smaller than the blood pngs in Token Death Indicator 2.0 - BLOOD SPLATS!

Thanks
Web

That has annoyed me also. I'll make it bigger in a new version tonight or tomorrow depending on time I have to do it.

SilentRuin
September 30th, 2020, 06:18

Thanks
Web

Not sure why widgets for bloodspatter and stable bitmaps was always so small since it was given the width and height of the token to place with - but I doubled the size of both in order for it too look better. V 4.12 is updated on page 1.

webdove
September 30th, 2020, 15:06
Excellent, thanks very much for the quick response.

SilentRuin
September 30th, 2020, 15:31
Excellent, thanks very much for the quick response.

Quick because you asked me to fix something that has also annoyed me :)

webdove
September 30th, 2020, 18:20
It is still pretty tiny
I bumped the setsize multiplier from x2 to x6 and it looks more like the readme.pdf

BTW, it would be nice if there was a textual indication of the current extension version on page 1 of the thread and a current copy of the readme.pdf there.

Love the bandaid :)

webdove
September 30th, 2020, 18:22
It is still pretty tiny
I bumped the setsize multiplier from x2 to x6 and it looks more like the readme.pdf

BTW, it would be nice if there was a textual indication of the current extension version on page 1 of the thread and a current copy of the readme.pdf there.

SilentRuin
September 30th, 2020, 19:49
It is still pretty tiny

That is bizarre - mine now look large enough at 2 multiplier. If you bring up the monster manual Abominable Yeti token on map (from CT) and set him to NPC special (so he does saves), his giant blood splat is very reasonable over large section of him. And if you bring one of the smiteworks portraits its also very reasonable. This all in the D&D Map-4 that I have a grid overlayed in (using things I used in polymorphism video to test).

I'm pretty confused over what governs the size of these widget bitmaps overlayed on a token. If you are seeing a 3X size difference from me I'm totally clueless on why. As you saw in that section of the code it takes the token size (which I would have thought would have been fine) and then I added the fudge factor *2 - and you still had to triple that?

I'd like to know why if anyone knows - then I could actually scale it based on some rule that worked for everyone. Right now 2X is perfect for my stuff - large and medium (so assume for gargantuan also). Tested on tiny stirge but those tokens are same size as medium. Here is that one chunk of code we are talking about....

manager_death_indicator.lua line 1861

local tokenCT = CombatManager.getTokenFromCT(nodeCT);

if not tokenCT then
Debug.console("DeathIndicatorManager.createDeathIndicator: Invalid combat tracker token");
return nil;
end

-- If the death indicator widget is not found, then we need to create it

local wDeathIndicator = tokenCT.findWidget("deathindicator");

if not wDeathIndicator then

local nWidth, nHeight = tokenCT.getSize();

wDeathIndicator = tokenCT.addBitmapWidget();
-- Doubled size of widget as for some reason it always came out too small.
wDeathIndicator.setSize(nWidth * 2, nHeight * 2);
wDeathIndicator.setName("deathindicator");

end

-- Update and display the death indicator widget
wDeathIndicator.setBitmap(sBitmap);
wDeathIndicator.setVisible(true);

For now I'm going to leave the delivered version like this as any larger and it would wreck my version. If someone can explain the math of what is required to get it to be correct for everyone I'd be happy to implement it - otherwise you will need to edit this section of the code to fix your own version to the relevant fudge factor that works for your tokens.

I also notice the tombstones are bigger "I think".

Going to hold off making any more sizing changes until someone can explain to me how this bitmap scaling in the original DeathIndicator is supposed to work. Keep in mind it was originally written in FGC and this may be some FGU thing going on. For sure if I give the widget the same width and height as the token - I would think it would be that scale.

webdove
September 30th, 2020, 20:16
Here is DMG map-4 using x6 multiplier with MM yeti and Gaustadnes character token dwarf_male_cleric_a_01.png. These splats are roughly 2x too large.
39836 so the map scale must matter. I imagine that the option "Token (GM)/Auto-scale to grid" must be magically compensating.
My map was dungeon of the mad mage level-3-players. It has a grid size of 15 x 15 pixels. The DMG map-4 has a grid size of 30 x 30 pixels. The fact that the 6x setsize is too large on the DMG map (which has more pixels per square) and the correct size for the DMM map suggests that the dimension for setsize must be feet rather than pixels.

SilentRuin
September 30th, 2020, 21:35
Here is DMG map-4 using x6 multiplier with MM yeti and Gaustadnes character token dwarf_male_cleric_a_01.png. These splats are roughly 2x too large.
39836 so the map scale must matter. I imagine that the option "Token (GM)/Auto-scale to grid" must be magically compensating.
My map was dungeon of the mad mage level-3-players. It has a grid size of 15 x 15 pixels. The DMG map-4 has a grid size of 30 x 30 pixels. The fact that the 6x setsize is too large on the DMG map (which has more pixels per square) and the correct size for the DMM map suggests that the dimension for setsize must be feet rather than pixels.

Solved - or as much as I plan to solve it - done enough for sure. Please give it a try with your stuff.

if not tokenCT then
Debug.console("DeathIndicatorManager.createDeathIndicator: Invalid combat tracker token");
return nil;
end

local nWidth, nHeight = tokenCT.getImageSize();
-- get true token image size and use 0.7 size of that.
wDeathIndicator.setSize(nWidth * 0.7, nHeight * 0.7);

end

Wanted it slightly smaller than that .8 scaling in options. But really 0.7 is purely my preference - which everyone gets to live with or can change themselves :)

webdove
October 1st, 2020, 03:19
Looks all better with getimagesize. Thanks very much.

give any thought to putting a version tag and readme.pdf on page one of the thread?

SilentRuin
October 1st, 2020, 04:10
Looks all better with getimagesize. Thanks very much.

give any thought to putting a version tag and readme.pdf on page one of the thread?

The version is listed - but can't change the title of this thread.

The link to the old code which this is a modification of has the original readme file. I'm too lazy to put one out myself - I have done enough just maintaining this thing for FGU and my own uses. As far as version numbers on the file - NEVER. I use no version numbers on any extension I work with so I never risk having two versions of the same thing in my extension folder. DMsG evidently messes up my non version delivered filename for extensions in my other stuff and I can't prevent that - though I never suffer from it as I deliver the non versioned filename off of my machine which is what I have locally and store locally. The only time I version number an .ext file is when I save it off in the old version folder after a modification.

So readme? I'm fine if you want to update one with all the latest stuff and version changes and post it here like someone did with compatibility modifications, I'll add it to page 1. But the way its delivered is without a version number on the filename. Filenames are meaningless anyway its the extension.xml that defines all the properties - and I for sure don't want to have to manage which file version is in the extensions folders. There is only ever one. The active latest and greatest. And when the next one comes along - its going to stomp over the old version and STILL be the latest and greatest.

As I have very strong feelings on versions in the filenames creating them as unique files when I don't want them to be unique files - that won't be happening :)

zuilin
October 8th, 2020, 19:45
Anything you can do to get this amazing extension to work with MadNomad's Character Sheet Tweaks (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/326461/Fantasy-Grounds-Mad-Nomads-Character-Sheet-Tweaks)?

His extension rearranges some of the top items in the base character sheet; therefore, the Death Indicator stuff messes the entire sheet up (since the base sheet is now different than what you expected). I know it's a bit of chicken/egg, but it would be great if both extensions could run together.

SilentRuin
October 8th, 2020, 19:56
Anything you can do to get this amazing extension to work with MadNomad's Character Sheet Tweaks (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/326461/Fantasy-Grounds-Mad-Nomads-Character-Sheet-Tweaks)?

His extension rearranges some of the top items in the base character sheet; therefore, the Death Indicator stuff messes the entire sheet up (since the base sheet is now different than what you expected). I know it's a bit of chicken/egg, but it would be great if both extensions could run together.

If you read above you can see where the later versions supposedly did. Not me. Don't use it so don't know how what would be needed to change it. But someone else did and incorporated it in such a way eventually that I incorporated it into the page 1 version. Read the history of this thread and the versions. From what I was told that was resolved.

zuilin
October 8th, 2020, 19:57
If you read above you can see where the later versions supposedly did. Not me. Don't use it so don't know how what would be needed to change it. But someone else did and incorporated it in such a way eventually that I incorporated it into the page 1 version. Read the history of this thread and the versions. From what I was told that was resolved.

Maybe I was using an older version. I'll try again now and see. I'll post back...

SilentRuin
October 8th, 2020, 19:58
Maybe I was using an older version. I'll try again now and see. I'll post back...

You can tell the version in your chat your using now vs the versions listed on page 1 and tell if your out of date or not.

zuilin
October 8th, 2020, 20:06
Aha! Yes, it's fixed. Weird; I thought I was on the latest version, but I guess not.

Well, it's mostly fixed...the death icon floats in a weird spot but it's all readable, anyway.

SilentRuin
October 8th, 2020, 20:20
Aha! Yes, it's fixed. Weird; I thought I was on the latest version, but I guess not.

Well, it's mostly fixed...the death icon floats in a weird spot but it's all readable, anyway.

Have to ask the guy I listed in page 1 for that version modification as it was all his.

Scuba72
October 14th, 2020, 01:12
Anyone else getting this when they try to load in?
"Module Info Load (DeathIndicatorEx): An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 1, position 5."
The ext works but Im hoping there is a quick fix that Im just missing.

SilentRuin
October 14th, 2020, 03:54
Anyone else getting this when they try to load in?
"Module Info Load (DeathIndicatorEx): An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 1, position 5."
The ext works but Im hoping there is a quick fix that Im just missing.

This guy had that issue - when nobody else did - this was his solution... You can backtrack up from this point to see the issue.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59203-Death-Indicator-Ex-v4-5-extension-for-5e-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity&p=545485&viewfull=1#post545485

Basically something local or with other extensions or not using Page 1 version.

Scuba72
October 14th, 2020, 23:57
Deleted both ext and mod then re-downloaded them... no issues now.
Thank you for the voodoo that you do, so well.

SilentRuin
October 15th, 2020, 03:07
Deleted both ext and mod then re-downloaded them... no issues now.
Thank you for the voodoo that you do, so well.

Was not my solution so can't take credit for it. The post that mordkhaan wrote was the solution. I never had the issue. No voodoo by me :)

Conspiracy
October 19th, 2020, 02:59
During a game over the weekend my player's noticed that unconscious (https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=unconscious&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8) NPC's weren't making auto death saves. I have today turned of all other extension except for Death Indicator and the NPC's are still not auto rolling.
PC's are working without a problem.

SilentRuin
October 19th, 2020, 03:20
During a game over the weekend my player's noticed that unconscious (https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=unconscious&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8) NPC's weren't making auto death saves. I have today turned of all other extension except for Death Indicator and the NPC's are still not auto rolling.
PC's are working without a problem.

First make sure you have the latest version from page 1. If that is up to date then only NPCs that are marked important will ever do death Save rolls - and that is a rare NPC that would be intentionally marked important.

Let me know if this is still an issue as I’m unaware of this happening during my games as of the other week.

Conspiracy
October 19th, 2020, 10:28
The image shows the options settings.
The combat tracker, with the unconscious orc.
The chat widow shows loaded Extensions, inc Death Indicator v4.13.
It also shows the extension not rolling death save for Orc 2. It just skips Orc 2, outputting the fact that it is unconscious.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled Fantasy Grounds Unity. To check if that was the problem.

SilentRuin
October 19th, 2020, 14:30
It also shows the extension not rolling death save for Orc 2. It just skips Orc 2, outputting the fact that it is unconscious.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled Fantasy Grounds Unity. To check if that was the problem.

I see the issue - I have never - in my entire use and modification of this extension - ever used the options with NPC death savings throw to anything but Important. You have them On. And that indeed has a problem.

I'll see if there is something that can be done for that but having never tried it or seen it (keep in mind I modified this extension for my own uses and shared to community - I did not write it or that part of the logic). As far as I can tell that option does not work right now. Setting important for sure does. Personally I had no idea anyone would ever not have the run of the mill NPC's drop dead when 0 HP. I've only set player controlled NPC's to important (granted my extensions give the power for them to fully play an NPC).

I'll try to look at it today and see if something can be done to make this option work. Surprised it was an option actually - but evidently your group is using it so there must be people out there allowing generic NPCs to have death saving throws. I play RAW 5E where only named NPC's (important) get death saving throws - but if there was a homebrew option here already - I can see where I should see if I can get it to work. No promises.

SilentRuin
October 19th, 2020, 14:59

Yeah looking at the code here I don't see how this has ever worked..

elseif sClass == "npc" then

if OptionsManager.isOption("COMBAT_AUTO_DEATH_ROLLS_NPC", "off") then
return;
end
local important_npc = DB.getValue(nodeEntry, "important_npc", 0);
if important_npc == 0 then
bPerformDeathRoll = false;
end
-- Only process auto death rolls for the "charsheet" and "npc" classes

else

It never even checks for the "on" setting instead checks the database for that particular NPC and if its important_npc or not - which in your case - its not. Thus - will never ever do a death saving roll.

I'll give a shot at fixing it and put it in page 1 when done with a new version - but this was something that never worked.

SilentRuin
October 19th, 2020, 15:09
New version on Page 1.

V 4.14 - made the option for auto death rolls for NPCs when set to "on" to actually work. Never did before.

Conspiracy
October 19th, 2020, 22:19
Thank you for the quick turn around. Will test it later today.

My player's are the only reason I use all creatures with the death saves. They thought it was unfair the creatures didn't have the same chance they did to revive.

Interesting that until the last Unity update it appeared to be working fine.

SilentRuin
October 19th, 2020, 22:35
Thank you for the quick turn around. Will test it later today.

My player's are the only reason I use all creatures with the death saves. They thought it was unfair the creatures didn't have the same chance they did to revive.

Interesting that until the last Unity update it appeared to be working fine.

Not surprising to me. If you track the thread you can see there were several things updated while chasing bugs that seemed unsolvable - until they were. It's possible something changed to fix another bug that prevented this one from working.

In any case, works now. Let me know when you've verified it.

Conspiracy
October 20th, 2020, 02:29
Verified and working. Thank you for keeping this running.

Conspiracy
October 24th, 2020, 02:00
After the latest update the saves and failures seem to not be working properly. The saves seem ok, but the failures don't seem to be added up. A critical failure doesn't kill the creature. I also had an unconscious creature saved 3 times and put back on 1 hp, then it was knocked unconscious again and with 1 successful save get back up.

SilentRuin
October 24th, 2020, 02:31
After the latest update the saves and failures seem to not be working properly. The saves seem ok, but the failures don't seem to be added up. A critical failure doesn't kill the creature. I also had an unconscious creature saved 3 times and put back on 1 hp, then it was knocked unconscious again and with 1 successful save get back up.

I tried it with your setting. Simply setting option to have NPC saving throw ON (which I never do as you know) then having orc set to HP 0 and start moving end turn over it for rolls. I could not see a problem. I even got a critical 1 failure for instant dead.

You'll have to show me how to duplicate this in an empty new campaign where you put an NPC with that option setting and move end turn over it when you have the HP 0.

If you can't duplicate it in that scenario then you likely have a corrupted DB or something - see earlier posts in this thread where one of the death indicator DB values needed to be deleted.

Conspiracy
October 24th, 2020, 03:45
New campaign worked. Have deleted <deathmanager>.....</deathmanager>. That campaign is still having having issues. Will keep trying to find the reason.

SilentRuin
October 24th, 2020, 04:04
New campaign worked. Have deleted <deathmanager>.....</deathmanager>. That campaign is still having having issues. Will keep trying to find the reason.
Try your campaign without any other extensions. Keep in mind extensions that overwrite the same sections of code can be incompatible. I keep ones in my signature working together but have no idea what other extensions might stomp over.

webdove
October 31st, 2020, 15:51
Hi Silent, Last night I had a 5' cleric covered by a 15' blood splat. Any thought on where I might start looking for the problem? I had fiddled with the size on v4.12, but removed my changes when I switched to v4.14. Thx Web

SilentRuin
October 31st, 2020, 16:28
Hi Silent, Last night I had a 5' cleric covered by a 15' blood splat. Any thought on where I might start looking for the problem? I had fiddled with the size on v4.12, but removed my changes when I switched to v4.14. Thx Web

As we discussed when you asked for the fix a while back the code was changed to do this:

if not tokenCT then
return nil;
end

local nWidth, nHeight = tokenCT.getImageSize();
-- get true token image size and use 0.7 size of that.
wDeathIndicator.setSize(nWidth * 0.7, nHeight * 0.7);

end

So my question is - does everything have a multiple of 3 times the size of the blood splat or just this cleric icon.

The code I have for the current extension version should be the above and that is going to use 0.7 of the "true image size" of the token to size the blood spat.

I just got into FGU and tested this for several tokens - one of them a yeti which is bigger than my PC's and they all worked fine. Even with yesterdays FGU update.

So my suggestion is you first do the following:

1) Load campaign and turn off all extensions except for this one.
2) Place a PC in combat tracker and map that you know has worked in past.
3) Set HP to 0 so blood splat occurs on it.

Is it 3 times bigger? If not, then do following:

4) Try placing the PC giving you problems and set to 0 HP.

Is it still 3 times bigger? If not then do the following:

5) Put all extensions back into your campaign. Redo above tests.

Is it 3 times bigger now? If none of these things can duplicate your issue then you might have just have some kind of corrupted DB.xml.

Gist is I have no idea what the issue is - whether its the sizing of that particular token or another extension doing something bizarre.

I'd need to duplicate it. Right now I can't.

webdove
November 23rd, 2020, 05:41
Sorry, I have been distracted for a couple weeks. Last Friday I was having trouble with many extensions and was getting no tombstones. I will try to investigate shortly. Thanks for your help.

SilentRuin
November 23rd, 2020, 05:43
Sorry, I have been distracted for a couple weeks. Last Friday I was having trouble with many extensions and was getting no tombstones. I will try to investigate shortly. Thanks for your help.

Nobody else has reported this in the intervening weeks FYI - so definitely turn off the other extensions for any testing. Even a brand new campaign might be in order to test it.

webdove
November 24th, 2020, 04:34
Wow. That was super weird. I started with FG BattleMap_outdoor2. I placed a dummy PC of mine. dropped hp to 0. I had changed the scale value from .7 to .3 preemptively. And the blood was just slightly bigger than the token. Then I dropped an aaroakra, dropped its hp to 0 and the blood was way too small.
So I deleted the tokens from the map reset the hp and placed them again. This time the blood splats were all too small. I could not get it to recur. It was all a phantasm! Sorry for the false alarm. We used to call these situations NEOF (no evidence of failure).

miked2681
November 30th, 2020, 00:18
Would it be a possible to add in some kind of check to the function that removes Unconscious so that things like the unconsciousness from a Sleep spell won't be removed automatically? Maybe something like if Unconscious has a duration > than 0 then it isn't removed?

SilentRuin
November 30th, 2020, 02:10
Would it be a possible to add in some kind of check to the function that removes Unconscious so that things like the unconsciousness from a Sleep spell won't be removed automatically? Maybe something like if Unconscious has a duration > than 0 then it isn't removed?

As you had me partially resolve this (there is no way to fully resolve it due to 5E ruleset logic which is also copied in other extensions for death save logic clearing it) I assume you will thoroughly test it for me. Load the Page 1 version as its been updated with a fix as best I could given the fact Sleep uses unconscious effect which has a lot of other use logic surrounding it.

V4.15 - Made sure that only unconscious effect of duration = 0 will be removed by HP death logic. This was to compensate for Sleep spell using unconscious duration = 10 being removed. In 5E though there are many places where logic will remove this in death save logic. Nothing I can do about that.

miked2681
November 30th, 2020, 04:45
As you had me partially resolve this (there is no way to fully resolve it due to 5E ruleset logic which is also copied in other extensions for death save logic clearing it) I assume you will thoroughly test it for me. Load the Page 1 version as its been updated with a fix as best I could given the fact Sleep uses unconscious effect which has a lot of other use logic surrounding it.

V4.15 - Made sure that only unconscious effect of duration = 0 will be removed by HP death logic. This was to compensate for Sleep spell using unconscious duration = 10 being removed. In 5E though there are many places where logic will remove this in death save logic. Nothing I can do about that.

I appreciate you taking the time to look into this! I haven't had the chance to thoroughly test it in the sense of an actual full game scenario, but I did test it out by putting the Unconscious effect from a sleep spell on a creature and then advancing through the combat rounds. The creature did indeed remain unconscious until the duration had run out and then woke up as it should.

Lexi the Red
December 3rd, 2020, 19:10
I recently upgraded to Unity from Classic and added this extension, as I was using the Classic version previously and quite enjoying it. I ran my first Unity session last night, in a campaign that I migrated over from Classic, and had a PC drop to 0 HP. When they did, the blood splatter icon was HUGE! While this made their plight quite dramatic, (I think we all jumped, and there was certainly lots of exclaiming over Discord) it also made it very difficult to see the rest of the map. This only occurs with the PCs, the NPC blood splatter icons (for an important NPC) are the appropriate size. In addition, the band-aid icon for the Stable effect is also ginormous on the PCs. However, the tombstone icon is sized correctly. I tested this on all of the PCs in my campaign, and they all have this issue. I also disabled all other extensions to rule out any conflicts, and still had the issue of huge blood splatter and band-aid icons.

Another note though, I tested this further with a variety of NPCs of different sizes. On some Large and bigger NPCs for which I created the tokens via Token Stamp the blood splatter is much smaller than I would expect and when compared to similarly sized creatures from the Monster Manual, for example. The PC tokens I created through Hero Forge and are high resolution. Is it the true size of the token that is creating this issue? For some extra clarity, the PC blood splats are all 15x15, and the blood splat on a large creature was 1x1, and on a huge creature it looked to be 2x2. I have some screen shots if it would help.

SilentRuin
December 3rd, 2020, 19:14
I recently upgraded to Unity from Classic and added this extension, as I was using the Classic version previously and quite enjoying it. I ran my first Unity session last night, in a campaign that I migrated over from Classic, and had a PC drop to 0 HP. When they did, the blood splatter icon was HUGE! While this made their plight quite dramatic, (I think we all jumped, and there was certainly lots of exclaiming over Discord) it also made it very difficult to see the rest of the map. This only occurs with the PCs, the NPC blood splatter icons (for an important NPC) are the appropriate size. In addition, the band-aid icon for the Stable effect is also ginormous on the PCs. However, the tombstone icon is sized correctly. I tested this on all of the PCs in my campaign, and they all have this issue. I also disabled all other extensions to rule out any conflicts, and still had the issue of huge blood splatter and band-aid icons.

Another note though, I tested this further with a variety of NPCs of different sizes. On some Large and bigger NPCs for which I created the tokens via Token Stamp the blood splatter is much smaller than I would expect and when compared to similarly sized creatures from the Monster Manual, for example. The PC tokens I created through Hero Forge and are high resolution. Is it the true size of the token that is creating this issue? For some extra clarity, the PC blood splats are all 15x15, and the blood splat on a large creature was 1x1, and on a huge creature it looked to be 2x2. I have some screen shots if it would help.

Given that this gets updated a lot - and reading through a number of my previous posts in here (some of which dealt with this very issue) - I have to ask...

Do you keep up to date with this extension on Page 1? Note the version change comments. Note the version numbers. If your up to date you should be V4.15 showing up on your chat log when you start up. Are you?

The page 1 .ext file is always kept up to date to the latest version. (that particular fix you seem to be suffering from was fixed in V4.13 I believe)

Lexi the Red
December 3rd, 2020, 19:46
Given that this gets updated a lot - and reading through a number of my previous posts in here (some of which dealt with this very issue) - I have to ask...

Do you keep up to date with this extension on Page 1? Note the version change comments. Note the version numbers. If your up to date you should be V4.15 showing up on your chat log when you start up. Are you?

The page 1 .ext file is always kept up to date to the latest version. (that particular fix you seem to be suffering from was fixed in V4.13 I believe)

I just purchased Unity on Monday, and I literally downloaded the extension yesterday, and ran my first Unity session last night. So yeah, I'm up to date. (I also double-checked the version in FG just now, just to be certain.)

SilentRuin
December 3rd, 2020, 21:15
I just purchased Unity on Monday, and I literally downloaded the extension yesterday, and ran my first Unity session last night. So yeah, I'm up to date. (I also double-checked the version in FG just now, just to be certain.)

Weird because it sounds exactly like the last problem. And someone reported something similar a few pages up ...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59203-Death-Indicator-Ex-v4-5-extension-for-5e-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity&p=552989&viewfull=1#post552989

And then it went away..

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59203-Death-Indicator-Ex-v4-5-extension-for-5e-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity&p=559027&viewfull=1#post559027

As you can see I quote the code getting the literal image size then reducing it by 0.7 in the code.

And I just locally tested it and it works normally. I'll contact you via PM.

SilentRuin
December 4th, 2020, 21:15
Weird because it sounds exactly like the last problem. And someone reported something similar a few pages up ...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59203-Death-Indicator-Ex-v4-5-extension-for-5e-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity&p=552989&viewfull=1#post552989

And then it went away..

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59203-Death-Indicator-Ex-v4-5-extension-for-5e-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity&p=559027&viewfull=1#post559027

As you can see I quote the code getting the literal image size then reducing it by 0.7 in the code.

And I just locally tested it and it works normally. I'll contact you via PM.

I'll assume, as you've not responded in PM or here, that you solved your issue like the other guy. If you have, would be nice to say how. The fact the other guy deleted his tokens and then replaced them to get them to work makes me think there is some sort of difference in DB structure between FGC translated campaigns and FGU. Would be nice to know if that was true.

webdove
December 4th, 2020, 22:04
Hi, I am just starting up for tonight after verifying addons and keeping records. I put in version 4.15 of the indicator. I will let you know if I still have the problem. As I said before, I don't know what made it happen or made it go away.

SilentRuin
December 4th, 2020, 22:09
Hi, I am just starting up for tonight after verifying addons and keeping records. I put in version 4.15 of the indicator. I will let you know if I still have the problem. As I said before, I don't know what made it happen or made it go away.

I'll have to check out the other guys situation as he did contact me. But if you have any ideas on how it happened to you in the first place - let me know. If you can't duplicate it then that's a good thing :)

SilentRuin
December 4th, 2020, 23:38
Will try to find out how tokens vs widgets need to be properly scaled with each other but changed back to getSize from getImageSize on the token to do a 2.25 scale for the widget as that seemed to work for everyone. That I know of.

V 4.16 - Made another switch on how the sizing of tokens and blood splats is handled - back to getSize() and a 2.25 modification. Still not sure how the scaling should be done between token and widget should be done but will try to ask.

webdove
December 6th, 2020, 03:20
4.15 seemed to work ok yesterday. I had started before your last note so testing 4.16 will happen next friday at the latest.

webdove
December 12th, 2020, 00:25
Hi, I installed version 4.16 and just checked it. It is creating tombstones for both NPCs and PCs. It is no longer creating blood when they are injured. There does not seem to be a setting to affect that, so it must not be working.

estrolof
December 12th, 2020, 02:16
Hi, I'm receiving an error when I launch FGU: [ERROR] Extension Info Load (DeathIndicatorEx): An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 1, position 5.

SilentRuin
December 12th, 2020, 02:38
Hi, I installed version 4.16 and just checked it. It is creating tombstones for both NPCs and PCs. It is no longer creating blood when they are injured. There does not seem to be a setting to affect that, so it must not be working.

Tested it works fine - blood only will appear in map in case that is the issue. Try turning off all extensions except this one and try again. If it still fails create new campaign and try it there. Let me know what you see.

SilentRuin
December 12th, 2020, 02:39
Hi, I'm receiving an error when I launch FGU: [ERROR] Extension Info Load (DeathIndicatorEx): An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 1, position 5.

Are you running V4.16? Are all other extensions off when you run it? I don't see this error.

estrolof
December 12th, 2020, 03:29
Build - FGU: v4.0.4 ULTIMATE (2020-12-03)
The build for the extension is the one linked at the bottom of the pinned 1st post thread.

I get the error at the launcher, not in-campaign. It is the only EXT in the extensions folder. I've run the "check for updates," to no change.

EDIT: Re-downloaded a third time, that seemed to fix it :P

SilentRuin
December 12th, 2020, 03:36
Build - FGU: v4.0.4 ULTIMATE (2020-12-03)
The build for the extension is the one linked at the bottom of the pinned 1st post thread.

I get the error at the launcher, not in-campaign. It is the only EXT in the extensions folder. I've run the "check for updates," to no change.

?

Ok lesson in extensions time. Extensions are not FGU. Nor are they ever updated by anything related to FGU. The only way you can update the extension is to actually copy the .ext file into your extension directory. The only place you can get this extension is in Page 1 of this thread. And you see the version number of that extension in your chat screen when you come up.

Based on what you just told me I'm pretty sure you don't have the latest version. But to see - you just look in your chat screen when you come up in FGU - it should be 4.16 - if not then you need to get the page 1 .ext file and put it in your extension directory over the old one.

So is it 4.16? For sure that error you see seems XML related and can also be caused by some kind of different XML parser in your machine but I'm not really sure on that. It's essentially complaining about a comment if I literally read it.

estrolof
December 12th, 2020, 04:05
Thanks, SilentRuin. 1) I am familiar with adding extensions; 2) It is v4.16 of the extension (and the mod is in the modules folder); 3) I moved all other extensions out of the extensions folder (not simply disable in the launcher) as part of my troubleshooting; 4) The error pop-up (as I said) occurred when launching the FGU client, before Loading a campaign; 5) I mentioned "Check for Updates" in case the error was because I was running an out-of-date FGU client that had a native conflict with the most recent extension version - not as a means to update the extension. The error has popped up since my previous post (with and without other extensions added), but is now inconsistently appearing. So, I will assume it's a non-issue, and ignore it.

SilentRuin
December 12th, 2020, 04:11
Thanks, SilentRuin. 1) I am familiar with adding extensions; 2) It is v4.16 of the extension (and the mod is in the modules folder); 3) I moved all other extensions out of the extensions folder (not simply disable in the launcher) as part of my troubleshooting; 4) The error pop-up (as I said) occurred when launching the FGU client, before Loading a campaign; 5) I mentioned "Check for Updates" in case the error was because I was running an out-of-date FGU client that had a native conflict with the most recent extension version - not as a means to update the extension. The error has popped up since my previous post (with and without other extensions added), but is now inconsistently appearing. So, I will assume it's a non-issue, and ignore it.

Ah my bad on that. I did read the "update" and mistook that to mean "the extension". I have heard this before and could never duplicate it - then people said it went away. So it's obviously an issue - I'm just not sure where. The comments are all <!-- comment --> which should be XML legal.

But it would not surprise me if some XML parser change made it "illegal" in certain areas of the XML as they tighten it up - or even somehow timing related.

If you wanted - you could remove all comments in the XMLs in the extension and I'm sure it would go away - I'm just not sure why you (and some other at one time) saw it. And worse, why its inconsistent. If you find out what is causing it I'll be happy to change it but I really don't know why its being generated. I even did a quick scan for an "<!---" or "--->" which would for sure generate that parser error.

Just not enough info to solve it, for now.

[As I hate templates with a fiery passion I shall choose to believe it is something to do with one of them - no reason - just because I hate them :) ]

webdove
December 12th, 2020, 05:40
I will have to try tomorrow. My players just reached level 9 in mad mage and I left the FGU host and teams running so they could continue their PC choice discussions.

SilentRuin
December 12th, 2020, 06:09
I will have to try tomorrow. My players just reached level 9 in mad mage and I left the FGU host and teams running so they could continue their PC choice discussions.

Don't forget there are death extension options also that can effect how the blood/tombstone stuff works.

eporrini
December 15th, 2020, 17:50
It's recently come to my attention that players can see an updated "dying" status of an ally. As an example, if I roll a death save and fail, my status changes from dying to dying (1). It shows up when you select "status" for PC in the combat tracker (which is what I run) as well as on the hover over health dot. I've been told it's always been this way, perhaps it was different in FGC as I don't recall seeing this before. Can this be suppressed as an option with your extension to show only a status of dying? My players roll their death saves in the tower and then they don't reveal the results to their allies so it builds suspense, but that's useless the way it is now. Before someone responds "turn off the status indicators" it's very burdensome for the characters to not have a general idea of the health of allies and benefit from things like blood effects for wounds that key off of health so it's not really an option.

SilentRuin
December 15th, 2020, 18:16
It's recently come to my attention that players can see an updated "dying" status of an ally. As an example, if I roll a death save and fail, my status changes from dying to dying (1). It shows up when you select "status" for PC in the combat tracker (which is what I run) as well as on the hover over health dot. I've been told it's always been this way, perhaps it was different in FGC as I don't recall seeing this before. Can this be suppressed as an option with your extension to show only a status of dying? My players roll their death saves in the tower and then they don't reveal the results to their allies so it builds suspense, but that's useless the way it is now. Before someone responds "turn off the status indicators" it's very burdensome for the characters to not have a general idea of the health of allies and benefit from things like blood effects for wounds that key off of health so it's not really an option.

I'm not really understanding what you mean here. What you are talking about is pure FGU options and how they deal with combat tracker and the map tokens. This extension was written to do things differently by dealing with the portraits (tombstone when dead dead in CT or map) and bloodsplats/bandaid in map where it shows it at a glance what there status is. Now I assume you have experimented with the current death extension options (I have not really messed with them very much) where you can simply turn off the auto death rolls for NPC or PC. I assume if you turn them off for a PC then the only way to do them would then be manual - which seems to be what you are saying. But I admit I'm very unclear what it is you are asking. For sure there is no intent to make more modifications to this that I don't personally use but nothing prevents you from modifying it yourself for whatever it is you are talking about. If it does not already do it with some set of options you have not tried yet.

eporrini
December 15th, 2020, 21:37
Thanks for the reply. I guess I see this extension as a one stop shop for death and death saves, so I felt it may be appropriate to request a possible feature inclusion that fit a problem I (and perhaps others) are experiencing. You are correct, I can do it manually, which is my plan if I can’t find an automated method. Many extension developers entertain feature requests, apologies as I didn’t realize this was focused only on exactly what it does presently. Again, appreciate the prompt response.

SilentRuin
December 15th, 2020, 21:43
Thanks for the reply. I guess I see this extension as a one stop shop for death and death saves, so I felt it may be appropriate to request a possible feature inclusion that fit a problem I (and perhaps others) are experiencing. You are correct, I can do it manually, which is my plan if I can’t find an automated method. Many extension developers entertain feature requests, apologies as I didn’t realize this was focused only on exactly what it does presently. Again, appreciate the prompt response.

Basically, if its something I use I'll add it in - but if someone else wants to modify it and hand the code back - then I'll try it out and if it does not interfere with anything I do with it then I post the new code to Page 1 version.

webdove
December 18th, 2020, 23:20
Fiddlesticks. I tried just the deathindicator 4.16 extension and I no longer get blood or tombstones. I can see tombs in all assets and blood as well. I tried going back to 4.15 and 4.14 and at one point I got large blood splats on death, but no blood splats from wounds. Game soon. I will try a fresh campaign later.

SilentRuin
December 18th, 2020, 23:31
Fiddlesticks. I tried just the deathindicator 4.16 extension and I no longer get blood or tombstones. I can see tombs in all assets and blood as well. I tried going back to 4.15 and 4.14 and at one point I got large blood splats on death, but no blood splats from wounds. Game soon. I will try a fresh campaign later.

Not sure what is going on for you - for sure I have no problems. Nor has anyone else mentioned anything. You do have the .mod that comes with Death Indicators loaded in the right directory also I assume? The only way they should be missing is if they are literally missing from your assets (which is put in as a .mod file).

webdove
December 19th, 2020, 06:57
I see the tombstones tokens (even though they never appear). I cannot see the blood images in assets or in images. There is no DeathIndicator module to enable.

webdove
December 19th, 2020, 07:05
Tombstones are working again. No blood though. Not sure why the blood images are not being stored in the game given that everything else in the .ext is working.

SilentRuin
December 19th, 2020, 12:22
Tombstones are working again. No blood though. Not sure why the blood images are not being stored in the game given that everything else in the .ext is working.

I was not asking if you could "see the bloodspats" in assets. I was specifically asking if you had the .mod of Page 1 of this post in the "modules" subdirectory of FGU.

Because that is where all that stuff is referenced. I think only tombstones are specifically "shown" in assets. But that .mod file HAS to be in your "modules" subdirectory in FGU at startup of the application. So I was wondering if that was somehow missing - or out of date (not one in page 1) - on your machine running all this.

Because right now I don't know why its not working for you (pretty sure it used to).

webdove
December 19th, 2020, 15:34
The tombstones are in the .mod which is installed or they would not be working. I unpacked everything and the bloods are in the .ext under /graphics/images. Those are not appearing in the map display, assets or images and maps.

webdove
December 19th, 2020, 17:16
I have discord running. I tested using a 5E sample campaign. No tombstones at the moment, though those tokens are loaded. Blood only appears on death. That death blood only appears if "blood & tomb" is enabled. Otherwise there is no injury or death indication (DM side).

SilentRuin
December 19th, 2020, 17:39
I have discord running. I tested using a 5E sample campaign. No tombstones at the moment, though those tokens are loaded. Blood only appears on death. That death blood only appears if "blood & tomb" is enabled. Otherwise there is no injury or death indication (DM side).

That looks fine - what is the problem? Blood is ONLY indicating that your in death saving thrown (not quite dead). A bandaid will appear if your stable. Have you been thinking it shows if your wounded? It does not. Blood splat is you are in a pool of blood - dying - tombstone is dead. Only map shows bloodsplat.

If that picture is what your seeing then everything is working as designed. Though in NPC case it would always be Tombstone as they only get saving throws if marked a special NPC or option is permanently on for them.

For sure this seems as it should be in picture you showed me.

webdove
December 19th, 2020, 23:32
Now I understand. Blood when at 0 HP unless it is an unimportant NPC. Change to tombstone once 3 death saves have failed. If I want blood to indicate injuries I need to use the "5E Enhancer" "wounds" extension. Sorry about my confusion Silent.

plap3014
December 22nd, 2020, 02:06
Hi,

we are using Mad Nomad's Charater Sheet Tweaks and would like to know if we can repositioning the Death indicator token on the PC sheet?

SilentRuin
December 22nd, 2020, 02:45
Hi,

we are using Mad Nomad's Charater Sheet Tweaks and would like to know if we can repositioning the Death indicator token on the PC sheet?

Read up above in this thread I believe someone fixed that - you using Page 1 version of extension? It is always latest. Check version number on page 1 to make sure it matches your chat log version of Death indicator.

SilentRuin
January 1st, 2021, 19:02
V4.17 - Removed some annoying unnecessary debug statements.

miked2681
January 7th, 2021, 21:02
I admit that I know very, very, little about coding but after having problems with the extension where NPCs would always roll saves no matter what I had set as far as "important" being on or not, I tried to look through and see how it's all working. It seems to me that the second "COMBAT_AUTO_DEATH_ROLLS_NPC" in the first set of code pasted below should actually be set as "COMBAT_USE_DEATH_SAVES_NPC" since that's the setting that governs the important NPC setting.

return;
elseif OptionsManager.isOption("COMBAT_AUTO_DEATH_ROLLS_NPC", "important") then
end
else
-- auto death rolls for NPC is on so do the roll
end

Changing it to the section below fixed my problem so that the NPCs will indeed only roll saves if set to "important".

return;
elseif OptionsManager.isOption("COMBAT_USE_DEATH_SAVES_NPC", "important") then
end
else
end

SilentRuin
January 7th, 2021, 21:26
I admit that I know very, very, little about coding but after having problems with the extension where NPCs would always roll saves no matter what I had set as far as "important" being on or not, I tried to look through and see how it's all working. It seems to me that the second "COMBAT_AUTO_DEATH_ROLLS_NPC" in the first set of code pasted below should actually be set as "COMBAT_USE_DEATH_SAVES_NPC" since that's the setting that governs the important NPC setting.

return;
elseif OptionsManager.isOption("COMBAT_AUTO_DEATH_ROLLS_NPC", "important") then
end
else
end

Changing it to the section below fixed my problem so that the NPCs will indeed only roll saves if set to "important".

return;
elseif OptionsManager.isOption("COMBAT_USE_DEATH_SAVES_NPC", "important") then
end
else
end

Seems like you know exactly what your doing. You found a bug in original ported code - which I've fixed/tested and put in page 1 as the current version 4.18. Nice job.

jbbru
January 17th, 2021, 19:14
Hello,

I have been playing with a new party recently and some of my players told me that they would prefer to not see if monsters are dead or not rigthaway (they want me to tell them how the monsters are dying before marking them as dead). So I tried to mess up with immunities and made the monsters "immune to uncounscious", that way the combat tracker will not spill the beans even if monsters are at 0 HP. But the thing is that Death Indicator will automatically display a tomb if it detects that a monster is at 0hp, which will tell my players that the monster is dead even if they don't see him as unconscious.
I understand that it is the intended way of working of this extension (which is great), but I was wondering if I had any way to make it so that tombs are displayed only if monsters are both at 0Hp AND unconscious ?

PS: I also can't seem to find how to set a npc as important, I have no options displayed on npc's forms. I have the latest version of both FGU and the extension so I dont know what I'm missing.

SilentRuin
January 17th, 2021, 20:15
Hello,

I have been playing with a new party recently and some of my players told me that they would prefer to not see if monsters are dead or not rigthaway (they want me to tell them how the monsters are dying before marking them as dead). So I tried to mess up with immunities and made the monsters "immune to uncounscious", that way the combat tracker will not spill the beans even if monsters are at 0 HP. But the thing is that Death Indicator will automatically display a tomb if it detects that a monster is at 0hp, which will tell my players that the monster is dead even if they don't see him as unconscious.
I understand that it is the intended way of working of this extension (which is great), but I was wondering if I had any way to make it so that tombs are displayed only if monsters are both at 0Hp AND unconscious ?

PS: I also can't seem to find how to set a npc as important, I have no options displayed on npc's forms. I have the latest version of both FGU and the extension so I dont know what I'm missing.

If you have the latest and greatest Page 1 version of this extension (which you always should have unless you've modified it for your own use) then you should have under the host OPTIONS (looks like a gear in upper right of your app) some death indicator options. I've not really played with them to much (they were there from when I ported it to FGU), but you can set NPC: death saving throws to Important if you want the option for NPC's to be able to be marked important. There are other options there also - you can play around with it and see what gets you close to what you want. For sure setting important can only ever be used to start making the NPC having death saving throws like a PC has. Immune to unconscious reeked havoc with things in FGU and also with undead things (they could never die) so was removed completely from this version. As I can never imagine an instance in my game of ever encountering something that when it reaches 0 does not "die" as an NPC (or at least enter saving throws if important) which would be dead obvious to a PC - I have never cared about it. If you have a special creature like Strahd (a vampire that goes to mist when it dies potentially) then you can just make the "tombstone" a mist token. The tombstones are just tokens after all. But I never want to have an NPC appear alive - when its not. The entire purpose of death indicators is that you are a lazy DM who likes to see from the map the state of things at a glance. If they don't see an NPC when it dies - and you don't want them to see it - make it invisible. Otherwise, check out the options and see if you can make it do what your wanting - as I don't understand what that is - you'll have to figure out if it can do what you want.

But if its just word play - nothing stops you from doing that - the tombstone would just tell you it was time to start telling them how it died. An indicator.

jbbru
January 17th, 2021, 21:12
Well I figured out there might not be a simple solution to my question, and I have to admit that when you apply logic to it making a dead npc looking "not dead" doesn't make that much sense. I was also not anticipating which consequences immune to unconscious could have, so thanks for the warning. Anyway thank you for your quick answer and your insights, I will look again at the option to see if I can make the "important" option appear on the npcs.

SilentRuin
February 16th, 2021, 22:56
you must update extensions - they will have issues with latest fgu update - if you don't update fgu then keep your old extension

Sgt.Rock008
February 17th, 2021, 12:46
How do I know I have the latest version? There are no dates associated to the versions listed in the first post.

SilentRuin
February 17th, 2021, 12:57
How do I know I have the latest version? There are no dates associated to the versions listed in the first post.
Page 1 has it always. You know because post has stated it’s been changed and version on page 1 is updated and date on attachment matches dates of post updates.

Plus in this case it will go BOOM if you don’t have it and have FGU latest version. Plus chat has version you can check when FGU comes up.

Sgt.Rock008
February 21st, 2021, 19:30
Great. Thanks.

Naxyr
February 25th, 2021, 19:48
Tried it out and it worked great except the death saving throws don't automatically check off in the character sheet now. When I disable it, the saving throws work automatically again.

SilentRuin
February 25th, 2021, 19:59
Tried it out and it worked great except the death saving throws don't automatically check off in the character sheet now. When I disable it, the saving throws work automatically again.

This was a bug in the recent FGU upgrade that broke all the extensions that I though they had fixed in the TEST server. This code must have a copy of that stuff that was fixed and I never got it after I verified it was fixed. Let me check.

SilentRuin
February 25th, 2021, 20:26

V4.20 - During FGU update got bad code that caused death saves not to be checked off. Fixed.

Page 1 has the updated .ext and this version update to the text. Good find. My stupid fault - I found the bug - verified their fix -then forgot to fix my copy of it :(

Naxyr
February 25th, 2021, 20:33
V4.20 - During FGU update got bad code that caused death saves not to be checked off. Fixed.

Page 1 has the updated .ext and this version update to the text. Good find. My stupid fault - I found the bug - verified their fix -then forgot to fix my copy of it :(

4.20 Blaze it? :p

Tested it out and works perfectly now. Thanks for the quick fix!

JHale1966
February 26th, 2021, 11:39
Is the new version supposed to show 4.20 in the chat window? On mine it's still showing 4.19.

Jim

EDIT: Scratch that - it's showing correctly now.

Cruise105
March 6th, 2021, 02:13
I just downloaded this and can't seem to get it to work correctly. I see where I can make selections in the Settings, but there are no Tombstones and there is nothing that shows up on the maps for when a creature/character dies.
Fantasy Grounds seems get to a "Not Responding" state, suddenly the round jumps from round 5 to round 2500?
I followed all the instructions to install everything correctly, but nothing seems to be working right.

Any suggestions?

SilentRuin
March 6th, 2021, 02:37
I just downloaded this and can't seem to get it to work correctly. I see where I can make selections in the Settings, but there are no Tombstones and there is nothing that shows up on the maps for when a creature/character dies.
Fantasy Grounds seems get to a "Not Responding" state, suddenly the round jumps from round 5 to round 2500?
I followed all the instructions to install everything correctly, but nothing seems to be working right.

Any suggestions?

Never heard it not working - drop .ext file in extensions directory and .mod in modules directory - start up with defaults as is and your ready to go.

Cruise105
March 6th, 2021, 03:04
I reinstalled everything. It seems to be working now ... Thank you.

woodscanner
March 7th, 2021, 19:01
This is really good - but the blood splatters are HUGE!
Is there any way to shrink them?

SilentRuin
March 7th, 2021, 19:40
This is really good - but the blood splatters are HUGE!
Is there any way to shrink them?

There were players with issues earlier on in this thread not sure what was done once the final fixes got put in. But I suspect like all graphics is a function of map grid size and token size - not really sure. They work fine for most people - but some have odd stuff defined and it sizes weird.

webdove
March 20th, 2021, 06:38
Hi Silent, Indicators worked today, but I noticed two things. There no longer appears to be an "important" circle on the NPC sheet so I had to turn NPC saves to "On". When had had an unconscious NPC with a tombstone that I wanted to give death saves to, adding HP left their map token as a tomb. Deleting it and dragging from the CT to make a new map token that showed the bloody character again.

SilentRuin
March 20th, 2021, 15:34
Hi Silent, Indicators worked today, but I noticed two things. There no longer appears to be an "important" circle on the NPC sheet so I had to turn NPC saves to "On". When had had an unconscious NPC with a tombstone that I wanted to give death saves to, adding HP left their map token as a tomb. Deleting it and dragging from the CT to make a new map token that showed the bloody character again.

Sounds like you corrupted CT/map link somehow and then fixed it by replacing it. Not sure what you want me to do about that unless you can duplicate the corruption and show it is one of my extensions that did it.

webdove
March 20th, 2021, 18:25
Ah. Perhaps I should make a habit of cleaning out the CT of everything after a long rest.

SilentRuin
March 20th, 2021, 19:16
Ah. Perhaps I should make a habit of cleaning out the CT of everything after a long rest.

Why on earth would you have to do that?

webdove
March 20th, 2021, 19:46
We occasionally get players crashes and errors. Since this is a large complex state machine I wonder if that might corrupt data in a way that resetting the CT might fix.

Smoltok
March 24th, 2021, 14:14
Hello here !

I test this extension but
is there a possibility to have different blood token for each wound category ? ( light, moderate, critical, dying, death) ?
An old extension was doing these before.

SilentRuin
March 24th, 2021, 15:20
Hello here !

I test this extension but
is there a possibility to have different blood token for each wound category ? ( light, moderate, critical, dying, death) ?
An old extension was doing these before.

No its only for death and the states of death. Never been a wound extension only a death extension. Blood splats are random as they do death savings throws, bandaid if stable, and tombstone (defined or random as defined) for death.

That's it. Will not be making this track wounds there are plenty of things in normal FGU displays that can do that with bars or dots.

SkyeMage
April 7th, 2021, 17:33
I don't know if this issue has been brought up, but I had players report to me that when they are knocked out and subsequently revived they lose sight of the map area they've discovered through LoS. I suspect it might be due to how the tokens are swapped out.

If this has been reported before I apologize for repeating it.

The in game behavior/steps that caused this to occur was having an enemy damage a player to drop them, another player then heals them to revive them, at which point the affect player reports losing vision to the already discovered areas of the map. This occured to several different players all dropping/reviving on similar circumstances.

SilentRuin
April 7th, 2021, 18:09
I don't know if this issue has been brought up, but I had players report to me that when they are knocked out and subsequently revived they lose sight of the map area they've discovered through LoS. I suspect it might be due to how the tokens are swapped out.

If this has been reported before I apologize for repeating it.

The in game behavior/steps that caused this to occur was having an enemy damage a player to drop them, another player then heals them to revive them, at which point the affect player reports losing vision to the already discovered areas of the map. This occured to several different players all dropping/reviving on similar circumstances.

100% true with anything - FGU, extension, whatever - that removes the map token or replaces it. The FOW is stored with the token. If you remove it or replace it (say delete combat tracker entry or replace it) then it will lose the FOW. There is no API or way to recover it when this happens. If you don't want to lose the FOW then you don't want to ever touch a token in the map once its placed. Lots of things do it - but none can "fix" that. Just don't use death indicators or any other extension or any other GM operation that removes or replaces that token. Or live with it. Just the way FGU works.

Personally, I don't like FOW and like others wish there was an option to turn it off. But if you need a reason they lost it - they plain forgot where they had been. You know - death and all :)

Morhion
June 25th, 2021, 01:20
@SilentRuin First off, thanks for all your hard work on these amazing extensions <3

however I'm getting the following error when running Kent McCullough's Automatic Death Resistance, whenever a player has Death ward or some other ability handled by Kent's extension dies and is revived back to 1HP. 47843

I'll notify Kent on the Rob2e discord as well, see if you guys can work something out maybe. :D

SilentRuin
June 25th, 2021, 05:14
@SilentRuin First off, thanks for all your hard work on these amazing extensions <3

however I'm getting the following error when running Kent McCullough's Automatic Death Resistance, whenever a player has Death ward or some other ability handled by Kent's extension dies and is revived back to 1HP. 47843

I'll notify Kent on the Rob2e discord as well, see if you guys can work something out maybe. :D

No idea what anything about this is - for sure the missing control field "wounds" is in "ct_entry" in ct_host.xml so really not sure how this has anything to do with it. This is for 5E and expects to find fields that are defined in 5E. Not that this does anything with the ct_host.xml anyway. Though to be honest I've only morphed this as I needed it for my own uses and to insure it works in FGU, some of its code I don't know if I haven't had to mangle it at some time in the past.

MeAndUnique
June 25th, 2021, 14:30
No idea what anything about this is - for sure the missing control field "wounds" is in "ct_entry" in ct_host.xml so really not sure how this has anything to do with it. This is for 5E and expects to find fields that are defined in 5E. Not that this does anything with the ct_host.xml anyway. Though to be honest I've only morphed this as I needed it for my own uses and to insure it works in FGU, some of its code I don't know if I haven't had to mangle it at some time in the past.

That warning is harmless and not related to the error at the bottom, as a heads up. The real problem has something to do the EffectManager, at a blind guess perhaps "unconscious" is getting removed at an inopportune time?

SilentRuin
June 25th, 2021, 15:42
That warning is harmless and not related to the error at the bottom, as a heads up. The real problem has something to do the EffectManager, at a blind guess perhaps "unconscious" is getting removed at an inopportune time?

No warning that claims something is trying to insert something in front of some valid part of an xml is "harmless" unless you actually determine it is - especially when everything the warning claims it can't find - can be found - and should be found in the base FGU definitions. Typically means something will not show up properly that someone intended should. Can it be harmless? Sure. Is it? I don't know - looks like something is going to fail to place properly in ct_entry to me just on the surface of it.

As far as the line it claims has a nil - I don't see how its possible with the code that should be being used.

function isGMEffect(nodeActor, nodeEffect)
if nodeEffect and (DB.getValue(nodeEffect, "isgmonly", 0) == 1) then

Gist being - this is a problem outside of the scope of this extension.

Jaegar
July 3rd, 2021, 02:09
nice!

SilentRuin
July 12th, 2021, 22:22
Removed bogus file that had hung around from original .ext I inherited which I never removed. Removed it. No impact to anyone - you do not need to update if you don't want to.

SilentRuin
August 2nd, 2021, 01:26
V4.21 - Added doubleclick on client (player) CT token entry to bring up the map and center on second doubleclick if it was not up - just like in host CT. Will only work if the CT entry is owned by the player.

Added this functionality into this free extensions as it had already been replacing that area of the ct token code for on drop so adding on doubleclick was easy. Need this for some of my own convenience for other extensions.

SilentRuin
August 2nd, 2021, 21:23
V4.21 - Added doubleclick on client (player) CT token entry to bring up the map and center on second doubleclick if it was not up - just like in host CT. Will only work if the CT entry is owned by the player.

Added this functionality into this free extensions as it had already been replacing that area of the ct token code for on drop so adding on doubleclick was easy. Need this for some of my own convenience for other extensions.

No version change - fixed to work for both NPCs and PCs when double clicking on client/player CT entry token to bring up map and/or center it.

Jaegar
August 2nd, 2021, 21:42
No version change - fixed to work for both NPCs and PCs when double clicking on client/player CT entry token to bring up map and/or center it.

Could this feature be introduced into the GM Assistance ext.?

SilentRuin
August 3rd, 2021, 00:35
Could this feature be introduced into the GM Assistance ext.?

Not easily, as this extension already completely replaces the client ct lua code so just added it in here as this is one of the suite of extensions I use per my signature.

SilentRuin
August 14th, 2021, 17:11
V4.22 - Bug - fixed checks for "ct" and "pc" sheets to be properly done. Was causing error in another extension.

FredSuper6
August 29th, 2021, 16:31
I have a bug to report. When I add an image to an npc, it doesn't 'remember' that I added the image. Dragging to the CT or closing and re-opening the npc results in a letter pog, rather than the image I had. It doesn't seem to change anything that was done before the mod was loaded, but I can't add npcs while it's loaded (which is minorly annoying). Btw, my group and I have found this really helpful, thanks.

SilentRuin
August 29th, 2021, 22:39
I have a bug to report. When I add an image to an npc, it doesn't 'remember' that I added the image. Dragging to the CT or closing and re-opening the npc results in a letter pog, rather than the image I had. It doesn't seem to change anything that was done before the mod was loaded, but I can't add npcs while it's loaded (which is minorly annoying). Btw, my group and I have found this really helpful, thanks.

Looks like one of the original authors replaced some ct token template logic so not really a surprise something like that might be happening. I'll have to take a look at it to see if I can figure out what they were doing - and if its no longer relevant or out of date (replaced CoreRPG code is always a dangerous thing to do). As I'm not familiar with that part of the code will look at it later this week.

SilentRuin
August 30th, 2021, 15:51

Ok, I tried to duplicate this today in raw FGU first - and I must not know what you are talking about. Because with no extensions at all - replacing the CT token image in the CT (not the the NPC list which it originated from) I see it replace. Then I exit the app and come back in and its back to what it was in the NPC list (before I replaced it in the CT and exited app). So if this happens in normal FGU - why are you bringing it up in this extension? Granted, I may not be understanding what your saying, but I've always replaced the NPC list token if I wanted CT to have a different token. Only replacing a token in CT that is a PC works as it is linked data to the permanent PC db entry outside of the CT. The same is not true for the NPC.

So if I'm missing something your going to have to explain. Because replacing an NPC CT token - then exiting app - coming back up - is set back the NPC list token used to place the CT entry. That is without any extensions at all.

FredSuper6
August 30th, 2021, 20:12
Ok, I tried to duplicate this today in raw FGU first - and I must not know what you are talking about. Because with no extensions at all - replacing the CT token image in the CT (not the the NPC list which it originated from) I see it replace. Then I exit the app and come back in and its back to what it was in the NPC list (before I replaced it in the CT and exited app). So if this happens in normal FGU - why are you bringing it up in this extension? Granted, I may not be understanding what your saying, but I've always replaced the NPC list token if I wanted CT to have a different token. Only replacing a token in CT that is a PC works as it is linked data to the permanent PC db entry outside of the CT. The same is not true for the NPC.

So if I'm missing something your going to have to explain. Because replacing an NPC CT token - then exiting app - coming back up - is set back the NPC list token used to place the CT entry. That is without any extensions at all.

The issue is; with the extension loaded, the npc does not retain its image if I add one. If I unload the extension, then add an image to an npc it remembers it. If I reload FG with the extension loaded, it will remember an image added to an npc in a previous load. The reason I mentioned the CT, is because that is one of the ways I discovered the issue. If I added an image into the CT after the npc was added there it would work as intended. Ultimately the issue is isolated to the npc's image, and nothing else. Hopefully I made this more clear this time, sorry for causing some confusion. If you would like more clarity, I am happy to provide it.

MrDDT
August 30th, 2021, 20:28
The issue is; with the extension loaded, the npc does not retain its image if I add one. If I unload the extension, then add an image to an npc it remembers it. If I reload FG with the extension loaded, it will remember an image added to an npc in a previous load. The reason I mentioned the CT, is because that is one of the ways I discovered the issue. If I added an image into the CT after the npc was added there it would work as intended. Ultimately the issue is isolated to the npc's image, and nothing else. Hopefully I made this more clear this time, sorry for causing some confusion. If you would like more clarity, I am happy to provide it.

I'm having this issue also. I run a lot of exts and not tracked it down to if there is a conflict with the EXTs or just this EXT alone. But I can see this issue all the time.

SilentRuin
August 30th, 2021, 21:06

Yeah replacing the token in the pure FGU project has it working meaning the pure FGU project was probably not pure and that token I tested with had been "touched" by something that whacked it. As DI has ct and token code getting replaced for I know not what reason - I'll give a shot at trying to see what part of this has whacked the token in this weird way. The danger with replacing corerpg code is that it can change over time - it should only be a last resort. And I admit I can not tell why half the CT stuff they replaced was even replaced completely to start with. May take a while to figure out - if I can. For sure its directly related to the token since I had it happening in a campaign with no extensions (but which probably had DI in it as some point during its past for the token I played with - as in it replaced it with a DI or something probably).

SilentRuin
August 30th, 2021, 21:42
I just created a pristine case and can't duplicate it with DI in place. Remind me exactly how you got in this state. For SURE there is a db.xml that is used to track the current CT token - if that is somehow out of whack then you will lose the token to what is defined in there.
For example - my test case was replacing Aarakocra with the animal token for a bear. Both the Aarakocra CT db entry and the deathmanager entry reference the same "new" token. And I can't get it to fail. So the question I have is how can I duplicate this in a new 5e campaign? Because I cannot duplicate it in a pristine case. I could duplicate it in a very old project - but as that is no longer "bad" I don't know how it got in that state. DI will remember the last token defined (only in certain instances) and then that is what it will use till its replace or changed. Supposedly.

<deathmanager>
<npc_tokens>
<id-00001>
<npc type="string">combattracker.list.id-00001</npc>
<token type="token">tokens/animal_bear_a_01.png@Animal Tokens</token>
</id-00001>
</npc_tokens>
</deathmanager>

That works fine
I do remember how this could be corrupted though somehow and had to be "fixed" before the CT would work again. In other words, if this record has an old token in it.

Also pretty user if there is NO deathmanager entry for the CT then it will default to looking up the NPC token list token field.

SilentRuin
August 30th, 2021, 21:57
Yeah I've tried to get this <deathindicator> out of synch but cannot - it always works. If you find you have a CT entry that is out of synch then just remove it it from CT and put it back in and replace the token again. The only way you should be seeing what your seeing is if this db.xml data tag structure is out of synch with your current CT. I do not know how you get in that state. If you can tell me how to duplicate it from a new campaign maybe we can see how it happens.

But the fix is to put it back in synch by removing it and replacing it and putting the token back in. Any time the CT has a token replaced that <deathmanager> reference to it will be updated - and when removed it will be removed. If out of synch though then you'll have to do the fix I stated.

If something else is going on I'll have to have a way to duplicate it that works. Right now creating a new campaign - adding in my modules - dropping an NPC into the CT - replacing the token - works fine. Now I saw it not work in a raw FGU campaign but have not been able to duplicate even that when I replaced the CT. So obviously more than just the <deathmanager> stuff can cause this - maybe an old bad token placement function?

Either way - without a way to duplicate it in a pristine project I don't know how to fix what I can't duplicate.

FredSuper6
August 31st, 2021, 16:06
The CT is not the main issue. The entry in the npc sheet is the issue. Hopefully, these screenshots can help communicate the problem. The second screenshot was taken after I closed and re-opened the npc.

Thank you so much for spending time trying to fix the issue. It is possible that there is a conflict with some other extensions I have, but not using DI is the quick fix. It also doesn't break anything long-term. If I close out of FG and unselect DI before I launch the campaign, I can do everything fine. It is just annoying to remember to flick it off to prepare for a session, then flick it on to play a session.

SilentRuin
August 31st, 2021, 16:42
The CT is not the main issue. The entry in the npc sheet is the issue. Hopefully, these screenshots can help communicate the problem. The second screenshot was taken after I closed and re-opened the npc.

Thank you so much for spending time trying to fix the issue. It is possible that there is a conflict with some other extensions I have, but not using DI is the quick fix. It also doesn't break anything long-term. If I close out of FG and unselect DI before I launch the campaign, I can do everything fine. It is just annoying to remember to flick it off to prepare for a session, then flick it on to play a session.

I'm looking for how to duplicate it - this just shows it happening. For example, in a fresh project I drop and NPC into the CT and the map - then change the token in the CT OR the NPC sheet for the CT and it works fine. The CT is involved if your sheet is derived from the CT. If you are talking about an NPC that is not in the CT then that has not been clear. So, in an empty campaign (not yours a new one you create) step by step how do I duplicate this? Because I cannot. The only way I've seen it happen is if the data is out of synch for the <deathindicators> tag in the db.xml and then simply removing the NPC and replacing it puts it back in synch. If there is no <deathindicators> tag then it will always update from the NPC list.

So in my personal experience I have never NOT updated the NPC list version's token if I'm going to change a token representation. But if I do it after it is placed in the CT that is a different data version independent (not shared data like a PC) in the CT alone. The sheet you bring up from it IS the CT version. So, I've created a new campaign as I stated in previous post and could not come up with pattern to duplicate what your seeing. I need that pattern to show me how to duplicate it so I can figure out what the issue is.

The new campaign should only have DI as the only extension. If you can't duplicate it then you need to figure out what the conflict is - because if someone is stomping the code that replaces the token in the CT and updates the <deathindicator> tag - then yeah. Its not going to work. But until you tell me how to duplicate it with just my stuff (or find the conflict) - I have no way to fix it or tell you what is wrong with it.

IF it is a conflict it will be because someone stomped the "onDrop" code for the CT token without preserving anything previously called. As I did not write this stuff I'm not even sure this one preserves previous calls to it either.

FredSuper6
September 6th, 2021, 16:30
Yeah, it looks like a conflict with another extension. Sorry for wasting your time.

BobLobLaw
September 9th, 2021, 19:20
Cool work but are the blood indicators supposed to be that big? The Indicator: Tooltip style (status) shouldn´t make it smaller somehow, and is now working for me? I could not find an answer, sorry if it is discussed somewhere else:
What I mean is, the blood on the token is set in a 15x15 feet area, even in medium tokens, and it is stopping me from clicking in the tokens that are adjacent to the bloodied PC (I have to drag them out of the way). The tombstones work just fine.

SilentRuin
September 9th, 2021, 20:00
Cool work but are the blood indicators supposed to be that big? The Indicator: Tooltip style (status) shouldn´t make it smaller somehow, and is now working for me? I could not find an answer, sorry if it is discussed somewhere else:
What I mean is, the blood on the token is set in a 15x15 feet area, even in medium tokens, and it is stopping me from clicking in the tokens that are adjacent to the bloodied PC (I have to drag them out of the way). The tombstones work just fine.

Blood indicators size properly on every map token I have. I know someone else had problems with special tokens at one time where they had weird token or map grid sizes (don't remember) that somehow caused some kind of scaling mismatch but that is somewhere buried in this thread from a long time ago that was resolved. I killed a number of different sized PCs and critters from DMG with the important NPC flag set for NPCs and the blood spatter token sizing was just fine.

So not sure what your seeing or why. I assume your not using any other extensions that mess with sizing of anything also.

BobLobLaw
September 10th, 2021, 00:57
Created a new campaign with only DI and it worked as expected. I´m sorry to bother you first, without checking. Thank you.